Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Library or bookstore??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxcelestialstarxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:31 pm
Bookstore! Especially if it's a good book I find, I'd hate to give it back if it was borrowed from the library.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 am
I prefer bookstores, my parents usually prefer the library.  

WickedSong

Renette

7,875 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:17 am
Ooh, while I love the smell of love and care in a library, and the carefree sense to just lay about and just read as long as you please, I prefer to have my books on hand.

.. I think I've acquired agoraphobia; I don't particularly like being out in public. So, I'll go with a used bookstore anyday. The books are just as good as in a normal bookstore, plus there's the cozy-home feel with the backwoods used book stores.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 pm
I prefer bookstores because I can pull a book off the shelf and it is completely untainted. Yes, I know it may have been held or opened before, but its cover is devoid of plastic linings and stickers that obscure the type on the back (honestly libraries, why can't you put the stickers somewhere where there aren't WORDS?!!?). It feels complete and homey. And Bookstores often have more pleasant lighting than typical libraries. Though, I can't say that libraries haven't kept me captivated in the past for hours.  

Merenwen99

Rudhe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 pm
Library. From young I have the mentality..."If you can borrow it, why buy?" from mother. Plus now library has become like, the home of the books for me. When ever I want to read I can just go there and pick a book off the shelf. Sometimes I feel a bit like Belle in her local library...However when I can't borrow, or I really like the book and its popular I will be willing to buy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:24 pm
I prefer the bookstore. At my library they have a weird sorting system and most of the books I want to read they either don't have or are taken out. At my school there is a huge amount of people who abuse whatever book I have with me just to bug me and if I don't own it they can just say, "It's not your's, maybe the library wants me to destroy it! Why should you care?"  

Olympus lux luci

Blooming Lotus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 pm
I prefer bookstore but I'm not that rich so I would have to say. . .

Library.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 pm
I prefer the bookstore because the books are brand new. While in the library, they are so worn and yellow. I hate it!  

temporarymisfortune

lakita_phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:31 pm
I don't know, the wear and tear is like a bit of history for the book. I actually like both, but I'm so busy usually, that I never really find time to go and really look around. sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:08 am
I prefer to buy books because I write notes in them. Also, my local library is very disappointing.  

Malakoi

Sapphire7782

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:09 am
Library because books down here are SO expensive! stare Although if I really want to own something, I will buy it...but I prefer not to buy new books randomly in case I spend $30 on something I end up disliking. (When in bookstores, I always text myself titles and do a library hunt later on! wink )

However drop me into a second-hand bookstore and I'll come out with bagfuls.. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm
Malakoi
I prefer to buy books because I write notes in them. Also, my local library is very disappointing.

Well there's that too; and books are a bit expensive but it's how you value the literacy of it I think. Compared to literature some few centuries before these are cheap.  

lakita_phoenix

Ferocious Rabid Weasel

1,450 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 pm
I go to the bookstore. The books are almost always in great quality, and there's no limit on what the book can be about. The libraries near me suck...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm
i gotta say i buy it from the bookstore or i borrow from a friend............i have this promblem where i have to read the book 2 times, so there is not really a point to go to the libarry......  

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Lyrasence

Sparkly Raider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:43 pm
I get paid only once or twice a month and I get twenty bucks so I have to borrow. But when I do get paid I go straight to the bookstore and get a book, or two, or three.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff