Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Do you believe in Jesus? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:26 pm
The Bible saying that homosexuality is wrong isn't my reasoning for opposing it.

Me reasons are:

-It's immoral: Homosexuality is not a proper lifestyle
-It promotes effeminate behavior in men
-It's argueably a "gender confusion disorder"
-It promotes masculine behavior in women and thus promotes feminism  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 am
I'm still confused as to how you would define feminism and masculinity? There's no way I can see it defined other than gender-roles... which is massively blurred in our society.

1- Proper Lifestyle? We can't define it as improper, as there is not an area in the bible saying that... Leviticus only calls it an 'abomination' but we know through many verses that the Old Covenant no longer is applicable. Even so, literally translated it means 'repulsive to others.' Although you state that your reasoning isn't religion. However, society is what defines morality, and it's obvious our society has become more accepting of homosexuals as a people.
2- stated at top of post
3- Also arguably genetic to post-natally. In fact most scientists and psychologists agree with this. There is anatomical brain similarities between Gay Men and Straight Woman [ x ] which suggests highly that it happens in the developmental stages of the brain in the womb, also, it suggests that it is an unchangeable attribute. Another study shows that straight women and lesbian women respond different to pheromones, it also says that gay men and straight women respond similarly, which gives way to help say that is more natural then one may think [ x ] There are also many reported animals that have homosexual activity, which makes it also more arguably natural than one may think [ x ]
4- stated at top of post.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:43 pm
"It's immoral: Homosexuality is not a proper lifestyle"

That would assume a collective agreed upon morality. The only agreed upon point, widely, with respect to homosexuality is that they should not be allowed to marry. Beyond that most people support the same civil rights accorded by marriage to be accorded to gay couples through civil union. That denotes not only tacit social acceptance of the lifestyle, but belief in parity on a social level between gays and straights. Sorry, but if you want to call homosexuality immoral you get to make that call from your own book of morality, not the edition we've all been using.

"It promotes effeminate behavior in men"

1. Patently false.
2. So what if it does?
The overwhelming number of homosexuals involved in high school, college, and olympic wrestling teams belies the myth of the effeminate man. Some gays might like antiquing, and another significant number love rolling around on a mat with another man trying to pin him.

Beyond that, since homosexuality is only found to be present in 10% of any given population, and males account for less than half the US population, and probably half of them are butches, you're fretting about a problem that probably only impacts 2.5% of our population. That is, if we choose to identify it as a problem. I see no means by which 2.5% of our society being a little girly is any realistic means of damage to America.

"It's argueably a 'gender confusion disorder'"

No, that arguement was settled in 1973 when the American Psychiatric Association removed sexual orientation from the list of mental disorders. You're conflating it with gender identity disorders, which are involved in those who seek sex reassignment surgery. Most homosexuals are quite satisfied with there plumbing and the use they put it to.

"It promotes masculine behavior in women and thus promotes feminism"

Again, 10% gays, 50% of the population, 50% butch-fem breakdown. That you throw the wrinkle of feminism in there is amusing since one of the major pushes of the feminist movement was abortion proliferation and birth control. The last I checked, lesbians don't generally need much in the way of birth control or abortion providers. In other words, if you rounded up every lesbian on earth, loaded them into a rocket ship, and fired them into the sun, there would still be a feminist movement.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm the exact opposite of the stereotypical Republican--Jewish, female, feminist, immigrant, and low-income. And yet I'm still conservative. It has to do with politics, not with faith. Though, truth be told, I tend to lean towards the center more than the far right, but if I had to choose one or the other I'd go Republican.

Oh, and for the record: feminism isn't "I hate all men they should die", it's just that we want equal rights. I don't know what's so "radical" about that. (And I'm still mixed on the abortion issue, so don't ask me my side cause I'm still not sure what it is yet. gonk ).

The Zodikosis

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:40 pm
The Zodikosis

I'm the exact opposite of the stereotypical Republican--Jewish, female, feminist, immigrant, and low-income. And yet I'm still conservative. It has to do with politics, not with faith. Though, truth be told, I tend to lean towards the center more than the far right, but if I had to choose one or the other I'd go Republican.

Oh, and for the record: feminism isn't "I hate all men they should die", it's just that we want equal rights. I don't know what's so "radical" about that. (And I'm still mixed on the abortion issue, so don't ask me my side cause I'm still not sure what it is yet. gonk ).

Feminism isn't anything like that and I'm sure most of us are intelligent enough to realize ^.^ we have a smart group here!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am
Kingthor2282
The Hallowed Mouse
Odin210
Garrett31212
I'm only Liberal on a few select minor issues.
im liberal when it comes to applying peanut butter and working out

rofl What about using shampoo?

I myself have some liberal opinions... I think that some conservative topics are a little unnecessary; such as gay civil unions, I think that they deserve the civil part, but religiously I do care!

Oh, back on topic, I believe in Jesus, and I was called not conservative because I'm Catholic, so just to make those non-Christian conservatives feel better it's the whole "You're not the steriotype" that applies to me as well

Quote:
Wealthy, Protestant, White, Males
My mother told me that I don't make enough money to be a Republican

well your mother is wrong that's just a stereo-type. it doesn't matter how much money u have, its what u believe. IF you have morals or you don't. You really can't say money has to do with this; Although money is a very important subject but i guess i can talk about that in a different forum.  

SoccerPrincess1995

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

The Lost Desperado

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:04 am
I believe in Chrsitianity and I'm not the most Conservative of the crowd on some ideas but I do kind of have a yearning for the thoughts of lunching or the chair to be placed back in order. Personally as long as you are yourself then hell I don't care..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 am
I'm an absolute Jesus freak, but I don't think that Christianity is the ONLY RELIGION!!11

://
I mean, you can believe in what you want, nobody has the right tell you otherwise.

I'm the black sheep among my Atheist friends, haha.

But, like, I have conservative AND liberal views on things. :/ for instance, I'm pro-choice and pro-death penalty.  

stop drop and listen

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm
Hi, I grew up not going to church much. I believe that everyone does need to believe in good morals so, whether it is because you believe in Jesus or some other god it does not matter. So it could be just my upbringing but, I'm not a religious person.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:16 pm
I believe in Jesus he is the one who died for my sins. If GOD didnt send his son as and atoning sacrifice for our sins we would all be dead. I wil tell the scripture of its to tell that I am telling the truth:
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave one and only son''that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have enternal life.

1 John 4:10
This is love:not that we loved God,but that he loved us and sent his son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  

drewcrew9675

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm
I was raised to believe Jesus is my savior and i really do believe that he is. I dont believe that you have to be a full time Christian to be a conservitve. I am Christian, but my dad's Catholic and he's the one who taught and is still teaching me everything about the political world. And he's a HUGE conservtive, so whoever thinks you have to be a Christian to be a true conservtive I beg to differ.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 pm
Quote:
I dont believe that you have to be a full time Christian to be a conservitve. I am Christian, but my dad's Catholic and he's the one who taught and is still teaching me everything about the political world. And he's a HUGE conservtive

You do know Catholics are Christians, right?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:32 pm
yes, but from what my dad, grandma, and grandpa say is a little different about it that it is supposedly more strict.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:07 pm
Not necessarily. All the different denominations of Christianity have differing interpretations on the requirements for spiritual salvation. Even within denominations there are seemingly divisions to the point of being separate religious denominations. ELCA Lutherans, for example, practice that belief in God's grace is the sole requirement to spiritual salvation. Anabaptists, on the other hand, believe that one must undergo spiritual rebirth and then lead a sin-free life. So, there are some extremes. Catholicism teaches simply that one needs to seek the remission of sins, and that the church is the legitimate body on earth to sanction this. Other than this very technical difference the main tenants remain the same.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:12 am
Ok then, I was just going by what i was told. I knew the relgions were mostly the same, but there are some minior differences. I am agreeing with you that they are the same for the most part. 3nodding  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff