Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Sichuan Earthquake - 四川大地震! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Gosh, this HAARP stuff sounds crazy, like something out of a James Bond movie. Man, if beaming billions of Mhz of radio waves into the ionosphere can set of geological disasters around the world, then this could be used as a potent weapon against any hostile nation that opposes the US, especially since the countries most hostile to the US also sit upon the most tectonically active regions of the Earth. Even better, I doubt the blame can be attributed to the US government, and the damage from each disaster is likely on the same scale as a 50 MT nuclear warhead. If al of this really is true, then this could be a conspiracy rivalling 9/11 in size and scope.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:23 am
IxianMace
Here's a hypothetical. Let's say HAARP was proven to be directly responsible for the Sichuan earthquake, and/or any other number of 'natural' disasters. What do you think would happen? What would you like to happen?

Naturally, I would want HAARP to close down and all things related to be abolished.

Though, I could say the same of all sorts of things, such as smoking and alcohol and drugs, and other things that aren't exactly beneficial to this world. You can't get rid of them, not really. Not forever.

In terms of 'compensation' to those nations that were wrecked by these 'natural disasters'... At least HAARP or whoever involved with them should issue a formal apology. Besides that, I don't know. After all... no matter how much they compensate in terms of money, what is done is done. People have died. They're not coming back.  

Chibito7

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:23 am
Minielf
if beaming billions of Mhz of radio waves into the ionosphere can set of geological disasters around the world, then this could be used as a potent weapon against any hostile nation that opposes the US, especially since the countries most hostile to the US also sit upon the most tectonically active regions of the Earth. Even better, I doubt the blame can be attributed to the US government, and the damage from each disaster is likely on the same scale as a 50 MT nuclear warhead.

Convenient, isn't it? It probably wouldn't be difficult for a weapon of this nature to be plausibly deniable. How would people prove that HAARP was responsible? They could just be labelled as scaremongering lunatics or radical conspiracy theorists. The idea that earthquakes could be generated artificially sounds so absurd that most people would probably disregard it.

Chibito7
IxianMace
Here's a hypothetical. Let's say HAARP was proven to be directly responsible for the Sichuan earthquake, and/or any other number of 'natural' disasters. What do you think would happen? What would you like to happen?

Naturally, I would want HAARP to close down and all things related to be abolished.

Though, I could say the same of all sorts of things, such as smoking and alcohol and drugs, and other things that aren't exactly beneficial to this world. You can't get rid of them, not really. Not forever.

In terms of 'compensation' to those nations that were wrecked by these 'natural disasters'... At least HAARP or whoever involved with them should issue a formal apology. Besides that, I don't know. After all... no matter how much they compensate in terms of money, what is done is done. People have died. They're not coming back.

Thanks for your response. I'd like to note that that question wasn't directed at you in particular, and that everyone should feel free to reply if they have any thoughts/opinions they'd like to contribute.

I asked because I was thinking that there would be little point in proving that HAARP or the US were guilty of anything if nothing could be done. I doubt that the US would completely dismantle/destroy any earthquake generating technology that had been proven to be effective.

As for me, I don't think it would be enough for HAARP and all related technologies to be dismantled/abolished/destroyed/disbanded. I'm concerned as to why anyone would go to such lengths to develop a weapon like this, and then actually use it on population centers. Perhaps it's so they have a 'clean' weapon that can cause widespread damage to a country's infrastructure while being able to maintain a 'peaceful' image to the rest of the world. Is there a Cold War that's still going on behind the scenes?

Even if the HAARP installation were dismantled, who's to say that the US won't build another secret installation somewhere else? It could be claimed that HAARP and all related technologies were discontinued, and the world would have to believe it because it's not as if the US would allow anyone in to check for WMD. Who watches the US? The UN? Even then, I'm not sure what the UN could do, or how effective an inquiry by the UN would be.

I just hope that the world is big enough for both America and China. Because if two superpowers can't co-exist, then sooner or later the inevitable will have to happen. And I don't like the idea at all, but if HAARP was really involved in the Sichuan earthquake, then maybe this is a sign of things to come.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:32 pm
omg. i feel so sad 4 the ppl who's involved with the earthquake.  

YoItsPaulineee

1,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Blind Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:38 am
my friend is spending summer there. she told me about the earthquake on facebook. i was so worried! i haven't really been able to get in contact with her any other way, but from what i can tell, she's at least doing fine.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff