Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
I feel like I don't know some of you. (Moved...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 pm
I demand more questions!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:02 pm
I'm just dying to ask who the other Watumelon member was that you got to meet on your trip, but you don't have to answer that (privacy issues considered,) but I'd love to know how your trip went and what you got to see and do!?  

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:44 pm
Fine then! eek

I can take a hint. sweatdrop

Just joking around. wink

Do you like to go hunting?
Sports, hunting, fishing, boating are big around here, particularly for the men.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
It's not that I wasn't going to answer you question, I just don't want to type out everything... because I'm lazy.
really, really lazy.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm
I would like to go hunting, if it didn't mean the fact that I'd have to first kill an animal, then drag its corpse home, cut it open, and tear out all of its internal organs, etc., etc. Plus, my parents don't want me to have a gun while I still live in their house. If I had a gun, I'd go to the shooting ranges very often.

Fishing is the same thing... with the gutting. Plus, I don't like to eat fish. I like to do catch and release, though.

I would go boating, but I don't own a boat. To be completely honest, I like to row a boat. I find it enjoyable to row a boat. You have a nice cadence, so you can sing, think, look at the scenery... whatever. Plus, its exercise that I actually enjoy doing.

I don't play sports. I used to like to play baseball when I was younger, but I'm only good at hitting.

I do like to swim.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:00 am
That's cool. I can relate to that. I don't like to hunt. I'm kind of scared of guns. The fact that a life can be taken in the blink of an eye freaks me out.
But I do love to fish. But I don't because I hate the cleaning of the fish. It's just too yucky; all the scaling, gutting and filleting... too much work, because even after all that, you still have to cook it!

Have you ever been in a pirogue? They're common in this area. I'm not bad in one once I've gotten used to it, but I much rather prefer a canoe! It is very peaceful to go rowing merrily along. And it is quite the upper body work out!~ ouch! But I have watched to many documentaries on things in the water to swim in anything other than a swimming pool.

Do you have a batting cage in your area? If all you like to do is hit, it's the perfect place! *remembers the driving range* Now there's a "sport" that left me feeling as uncoordinated as a drunk in a chapel.

So why no guns? The shooting range can be fun. (although I've always enjoyed archery)

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 pm
I was a very destructive and impulsive child. My parents just really don't think it's a good idea for me to have a gun yet.
I'm almost inclined to agree with them, but I'd really like to be able to go to the shooting range.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 am
I thought all Texans were issued a gun at the age of ten.  

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 am
But I was born in California.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 am
Ah ha! So you have a little "peace-loving hippie" side to you after all?  

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:19 pm
I don't believe you know that much about California. I would never describe California as a land of peace and love... especially Southern California where I grew up. I am so glad I left... because I would have had my a** kicked in school out there pretty much every other day.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:12 am
Naw, I lived a few years twenty minutes outside of San Fransico; Haight-Ashbury was a big hippie scene. alot of gay rights/ pride movement, too.

I guess the Los Angelos area is known for its gangs and violence. Thank goodness you were able to leave.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:15 am
San Bernadino area. Not necessarily as bad as Los Angeles, but still not a cakewalk...
Plus, the schools sucked.

I'm just glad I was able to move out of there while I was young... before anything too bad could have happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:52 pm
Yesterday, while I was driving, I was thinking about what you said, and I remembered our family trip to Disneyland. We also went to see the stars on Hollywood Blvd. But I remember there seemed to be so many homeless that it seemed like you had to push a sleeping bum over to read the name on a star. Maybe it wasn't that bad. But that's the image I have in my mind.

I remember we were excited to run across a Popeye's there. It was a taste of home for us. Every once in a while, for a special treat, we would take a 45 minute ride to go pick up some Popeye's chicken from where we lived outside San Fran. But, anyway, I remember that there was a guy outside the place bumming money. My Dad didn't give him money, but went in and bought him his own little meal. I remember it made us kids feel happy when we saw him sit down and dig in.

Just thought I'd share. It's something I haven't thought of in forever! I remember being so out of touch in the fashion sense and music in the first year that we had moved from Louisiana to California. They get trends there a lot faster. And I was surprised that there were absolutely NO country music stations!~ not that I minded, but I thought it was weird when at home they had even played at least a few country songs at every dance.

Did it feel like a culture shock for you?

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:17 am
Not really... considering at the time I didn't give a flying f*** what trends, cultural, musical, or otherwise were flying around at the time... regardless of where I was. What probably got me the most was that... other than the people seemed a little nicer here in Texas (btw, the people working at Disneyland are really freaking nice, now...) and that there are less bums (and people), is that there weren't any mountains in the distance... or even hills. Flat as a pancake. That's all I really noticed at the time... but then again, my memory is a little fuzzy because it was quite a while ago. And I could swere we had at least one country station where I used to live... although, I don't know if it's still there. Somehow I doubt it. ... no... wait... it's definitely still there. I just remembered its name, and it was a really popular station. Huge. KFROG.

...All I can really remember about then is that... after we sold our house, but before we moved, we were living in my grandmas house... and it was crowded... and then Our Dad, who had moved ahead of us to get apartments and scout for homes (not to mention the main reason we moved was because he got a really good job offer inside the same company). Then we rode the train for 3 days... and lived in an apartment. It was summer vacation at first... and I can't remember my first impressions when I got to school. I think I was treated about the same by the kids in the school (which says a lot about how well liked I was in my other schools... not a lot) , but I think I liked the teachers better, for whatever reason. The only thing I really cared about back then was games and technology... and learning. That stuff hits Texas about as fast as everywhere else... since we have a lot of nerds. There are more nerds here than you would think.

I probably could think of more to say, but I should get some sleep. I have to get up in 5 and a half hours... and it takes me 15-25 minutes to fall asleep... sometimes longer... 10-15 if I take my Sonata.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff