Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 am
Ohnonono wait!

Watch that they have Wesker sprout angelic wings and carry around the severed head of the original Tyrant, saying he's the rightful ruler of the planet!

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

/sarcasm  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:42 am
REaceofclubs
I support this idea.
Hm. It wouldn't be terrible if Wesker just had some crazy mutation, but if CAPCOM does it, then you know they're going to be ridiculous with it.

I would like to speculate on how Wesker could still mutate and just not have some crazy weird massive 'transformation'.

He gets an arm chopped off: The stump throbs, takes on a sickly color as the stump swells, cause that is what usually happens if an amputation isn't cauterized. Then slowly but surely another arm grows in its place, discolored and slightly larger than his other arm, but not by much, with small talons on the fingertips. The rest of his body would in turn compensate for his arm off by strengthening him further and increasing his overall speed as it regrew his arm, all while at a price of some of his brain capacity. Then once he's dealt with whatever threat, he can begin consuming sustenance to bring his system back into check and gather enough outside energy to allow him the full use of his mental capacities with his new form.

On a further note he was impaled by a tyrant, so I would bet if you took off his top there'd be some nasty looking cancerous growth where the claws stabbed through his gut.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:06 pm
First of all, if he has his arm chopped off, I wouldn't be surprised... Because that would mean that the main character of the game is given a sword, something that I'm expecting Capcom to set up any day now.

Secondly, that's another thing, they show him right after he gets healed up, in Umbrella Chronicles, and his stomach/back looks perfectly normal.

@REaceofclubs:

Yes, the reason for him being in the mansion is even more stupid. Because apparently there was ANOTHER tyrant in the mansion labs all along, one that had more potential than T-002, but wasn't fully developed yet, so he was there to extract said tyrant. That was even more stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:40 pm
Resident Evil with swords. Oh, get ready. It's coming.
Okay okay okay. Wait. I must have missed something. What is this guy's purpose again? I mean, he's obviously an Umbrella something, but wouldn't it be more like Wesker to seek out the strongest power source, in this case, the better Tyrant?
Maybe if I knew more about this man it would make more sense to me...  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:52 pm
He's just one of Umbrella's higher soldiers, essentially.

And yeah, you'd think so, right?
Basically, first, when Wesker is escaping the training facility (the one from RE0), he meets Sergei near the end, and Sergei just automatically knows that Wesker betrayed Umbrella, so he... Okay, get this, he sends a Mr. X tyrant after Wesker.
This is just occurring to me now, but that makes no sense at all. Considering they were still developing T-001 and T-002 back then, Mr. X, a.k.a. T-103 should NOT exist. I'm pretty sure that by the time Raccoon City incident came along, T-103 was a very new model.

So, that doesn't make sense. So then, when playing as Rebecca in a bonus scenario where it shows her with Richard in the mansion, they watch through the window as Sergei drags away a body bag with that other tyrant in it. That tyrant would then become the last boss of the Russia scenario for Jill and Chris.

Again, like I said, I simply refuse to acknowledge these things as part of the storyline, because of how stupid and not thought out enough it is. It's like, "Ooh, let's make it like he was there all along so it's like he has a history with Raccoon City!" Very clever, Capcom.[/sarcasm]  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Did anyone read the one guys perspective on what he would do with the next RE game in GI? That's the direction they should take.

The genre for the new RE's has changed from survival horror to genocide. You don't avoid fights anymore, you kill every single infected you run into. It's not "s**t how can I kill this thing" its now "I only have 46 shotgun shells left, I hope thats enough to kill this boss, otherwise i'll have to start using my 146 pistol rounds".

Its not RE. Its something different. They should have slapped on another name, used other characters, and it still would have been a great game, but wouldn't have ruined RE for every hardcore fan out there.

Fury of Jude

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:57 pm
You're preaching to the choir, brother.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You're preaching to the choir, brother.

Meh, I gathered that from reading a few pages. But ranting is fun. Besides, my real conversation point was the had you read the article in GI?  

Fury of Jude

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Nope. Is it available to read online? And if yes, can I have the URL?  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

...I simply refuse to acknowledge these things as part of the storyline, because of how stupid and not thought out enough it is. It's like, "Ooh, let's make it like he was there all along so it's like he has a history with Raccoon City!" Very clever, Capcom.[/sarcasm]

Oh, wow. That's just horrible.
Like I said, there are good ways to insert characters and make them be there all along. They could have made this guy be there without actually BEING there, ya know?
Example, he could have been there moments before STARS arrived, or arrived moments after STARS departed. Sounds like it would have been better for him to not be anywhere EVER, but if they were going to insert him into the story line they could have at least done it in a semi-intelligent manner.
Wesker has this whole potential backstory that COULD be awesome if done correctly. This clearly wasn't the right way. Regardless, I'm now compelled to play this game to view its stupid.
I think that makes me a sado-masochist...

And, yes, The Tyrant plot line: Totally screwed up.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:29 pm
That's why I don't consider it a part of the storyline.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:16 pm
I can understand that.

Hey, why does Wesker throw off his coat in the snow and run toward a power plant? (I'm not really sure what it is, but that's what it looks like. o_O)  

REaceofclubs

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:49 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
He's just one of Umbrella's higher soldiers, essentially.

And yeah, you'd think so, right?
Basically, first, when Wesker is escaping the training facility (the one from RE0), he meets Sergei near the end, and Sergei just automatically knows that Wesker betrayed Umbrella, so he... Okay, get this, he sends a Mr. X tyrant after Wesker.
This is just occurring to me now, but that makes no sense at all. Considering they were still developing T-001 and T-002 back then, Mr. X, a.k.a. T-103 should NOT exist. I'm pretty sure that by the time Raccoon City incident came along, T-103 was a very new model.

So, that doesn't make sense. So then, when playing as Rebecca in a bonus scenario where it shows her with Richard in the mansion, they watch through the window as Sergei drags away a body bag with that other tyrant in it. That tyrant would then become the last boss of the Russia scenario for Jill and Chris.

Again, like I said, I simply refuse to acknowledge these things as part of the storyline, because of how stupid and not thought out enough it is. It's like, "Ooh, let's make it like he was there all along so it's like he has a history with Raccoon City!" Very clever, Capcom.[/sarcasm]
I'd like to argue against your rant. From what I've read of scenarios and events, I'd like to try and make Sergei and the Mr. X clones somewhat plausible.

RE0 begins on July 23, 1998, RE begins on July 24, 1998, RE2 begins on September 29, 1998. At most, that is a two month time span. The T-001 and T-002 were complete, T-001 being a failure with T-002 being successfully established as a T-number base. T.A.L.O.S. is in its early development stage by RE:UC's say so.

Wesker planned on stealing the completed T-002 and auction it to rival companies of Umbrella for the highest amount. This would be plausible if it is taken into account that the T-002 was complete although being improved upon, where as T.A.L.O.S. is only being started on. This means that Wesker decided upon the completed super-weapon which would have sold better than one that was only in its first stage of development. He would definitely be able to get buyers for the T-002 than he could for the TALOS.

From what I read about Sergei and him encountering Wesker after RE0's events, it says that Wesker's betrayal went unnotices due to the destruction of the Training Facility.

As for the Ivan itself, in RE:Survivor, it is said that the T-103 type is created from an excretion in the brain of developing teens being injected into a T-Virus compatible subject (the T-002 base) and then being injected with further doses of the T-virus. The current mass produced tyrants this way are 10 Sergei clones. This means that while the research facility in Arklay Mountains was trying to improve upon the tyrant base, the Sheena Island facility has been pre-established and has been developing the T-103 all the while. I base this assumption on the sheer magnitude of children the captured boy's diary tells about. There is no way a shortly created facility could have congregated that many teens in such a small time frame.

This means that the T-002 that Wesker released was already a long since completed Tyrant, with the unfinished improvements hampering its abilities and the Ivans being long since completed T-103 variants.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 pm
T-103 is superior to T-002. If T-103 was completed by that point, then T-002 would have been considered completely obsolete. Hence, useless.

Either way, Ivans and the whole TALOS ordeal were very stupid plot points. I mean, okay, so, let's say there's this TALOS creature in early developments... Shouldn't there be some sort of a containment chamber for it somewhere on the Spencer estate property? There was only one large capsule, and that housed the tyrant.
To say, "Oh yeah, this other thing was there all along," is a very stupid plot device. That's all I'm saying. And I'm not gonna buy into it, because if I chose to accept it as canon, then it would ruin the way I view REmake, and if that happened, then I might as well just sell off my whole RE collection and quit this guild.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
T-103 is superior to T-002. If T-103 was completed by that point, then T-002 would have been considered completely obsolete. Hence, useless.

Either way, Ivans and the whole TALOS ordeal were very stupid plot points. I mean, okay, so, let's say there's this TALOS creature in early developments... Shouldn't there be some sort of a containment chamber for it somewhere on the Spencer estate property? There was only one large capsule, and that housed the tyrant.
To say, "Oh yeah, this other thing was there all along," is a very stupid plot device. That's all I'm saying. And I'm not gonna buy into it, because if I chose to accept it as canon, then it would ruin the way I view REmake, and if that happened, then I might as well just sell off my whole RE collection and quit this guild.
Alright, I'll give you that about it. But the T-002 is a base for all other T-variants, or so the info says, so to improve on the base would be to improve upon all of them.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff