Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Home Away

Back to Guilds

Our guild is a quirky and sometimes incoherent critique and discussion group for writers looking to get some feedback on their work. 

Tags: writing, critique, discussion, literate, authors 

Reply something peaceful.
your favorite authors. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 am
Are you like writing a story. Or a poem. Or what?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:57 am
I have too many to name, but fresh on my mind is Terri Windling. I just read a book by her called The Wood Wife. It was amazing. eek

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:01 am
HammiBee
I've read a few "classics". Though I'm not much for them.
I never got past the first chapter for The Giver.....
personally, I prefer Gathering Blue. I read that in fifth grade by choice, and again in seventh because it was on our reading list. I love it! blaugh

I love your story idea by the way, The Thirteenth World. Let me know if I can be of any help! I've got a couple of projects in the works now too, so maybe we could compare? Your story sounds very science-fiction, which I'd be interested to hear more about. I'm more of a fantasy writer, myself. But I've read a few sci-fi books... whee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 pm
Never read The Giver. I'm pretty sure some people in my grade read it last year, but i read Fahrenheit 451 instead, and god am I happy I did. -idolizes Ray Bradbury-
@emily: wow. how incredibly silly those people are. tsk.

that's absolutely crazy. xD its the same way with me! my mom had a friend who had a daughter named... -insert my name- so she named me that too. xD -doesn't divulge name because she thinks its weird- o:

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 pm
QueenElizabeth3
HammiBee
I've read a few "classics". Though I'm not much for them.
I never got past the first chapter for The Giver.....
personally, I prefer Gathering Blue. I read that in fifth grade by choice, and again in seventh because it was on our reading list. I love it! blaugh

I love your story idea by the way, The Thirteenth World. Let me know if I can be of any help! I've got a couple of projects in the works now too, so maybe we could compare? Your story sounds very science-fiction, which I'd be interested to hear more about. I'm more of a fantasy writer, myself. But I've read a few sci-fi books... whee

I write just almost anything. That would be cool. We should compare sometime! Though I don't write until I got all the kinks I can find out of the system.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:54 pm
@hammi: i do pretty much the opposite. ><
mainly because that's the advice that Bradbury gives in his book Zen and the Art of Writing. >>
<<
-continues to idolize-
xDD
now if only Billy Collins would make something like that. -w-

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Sure thing, Hammie!

Panda, Ray Bradbury came to our local Barns and Noble one time...but they line was too long so he didn't get to sign anything of mine crying

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 pm
I've never read Ray Bradbury. ><  

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

NocturnalMuse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 pm

I have a lot of favorites. But a few of mine are:
Stephenie Meyer, P.C Cast, Richelle Mead, J.K Rowling, Susan Wiggs, L.J Smith, Ellen Schreiber, Scott Westerfeld, and Rachel Caine. I have many more and even more favorite books. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:47 pm
I didn't like Stephenie Meyer until I got this book called The Host. Its pretty good.  

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:24 pm
hollyannabar
Neon~Starshine
Orson Scott Card, hands down.

Apparently he's very good, I hear it from everyone.
Could you reccomend a book?
Ender's Game. Or Shadow of the Giant. Its the same timeline from two different perspectives. Both books made me cry, which is really a big deal.

Everything else I've read that he's written came as a sore disappointment because those two were so mind-blowingly fantastic.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 pm
@queenie: OH. MAH. GOD.

DDDD':

that's absolutely incredible!!! ._. at least you got to be in the same room with him. xDD

he came to the LA Book Fair this year. that was at the time i was reading Fahrenheit 451, so i had no interest back then. this would be when a time machine could really come in handy. ;o;

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 pm
Neon~Starshine
hollyannabar
Neon~Starshine
Orson Scott Card, hands down.

Apparently he's very good, I hear it from everyone.
Could you reccomend a book?
Ender's Game. Or Shadow of the Giant. Its the same timeline from two different perspectives. Both books made me cry, which is really a big deal.

Everything else I've read that he's written came as a sore disappointment because those two were so mind-blowingly fantastic.

Shadow of the Giant is more commonly known as Ender's Shadow though.

something peaceful.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff