Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Tyrant Production Line *Updated* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:37 pm
All tyrants were once human (except the Sergei clones) so because the T-001 suffered from significantly low intelligence and twitchy movement * I assume * he was akin in his thought patterns to Frankenstein's monster... the movie version. GUN=BAD!!! GIRL WITH GUN=BAD!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:05 pm
Yeah, but... Does that mean that he wouldn't attack T-002 at all?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but... Does that mean that he wouldn't attack T-002 at all?
CLAW=BAD!!! CLAW MAN=BAD!!! Until he looked in the mirror, he wouldn't know he as *nearly* the same as T-002  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:37 pm
NotteRequiem

If they made them into separate lines of product. Let's just say that T-002 was a good design, but had too many flaws. So, they branched out and came up with a new model -- T-103. After T-103 was tested and deployed, they went back and re-thunk T-002?

Just a possibility.
***NEW INFORMATION HAS BEEN DISCOVERED***

I am temporarily reopening this discussion to input some info I have found on Wikipedia. Those with the RE:0 game, I kindly request you to verify this claim as I do not own the game.

On the Resident Evil: Survivor wikipedia page it states:

"Unlike other titles of the Survivor series, Resident Evil: Survivor is part of the Resident Evil canon, the Sheena Island outbreak having been referenced in the opening narration of Resident Evil Zero."

If this is true, then that verifies that the Sheena Island facilities had been operational just as long as the Spencer Mansion Facility and the Arkley Mountains Training Facility and the outbreak taking place in Survivor was going on long before the outbreak at the Spencer Mansion. Meaning they HAD been mass producing T-103s during the time of RE:0 and RE1 and therefore it IS plausible for the Ivan T-103 variation to have appeared so early in RE:UC much to your chagrin BIO, this also makes the sightings of Lickers on the island plausible as well...  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 pm
Umm... Sorry, but the events in Survivor happened like a month after the Raccoon City incident. In fact, the main character was sent to the island by Leon, and there's a file in the game, written by Nicholai, AFTER the obliteration of Raccoon City.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... Sorry, but the events in Survivor happened like a month after the Raccoon City incident. In fact, the main character was sent to the island by Leon, and there's a file in the game, written by Nicholai, AFTER the obliteration of Raccoon City.
Okay... I looked up the introduction to RE:0 and is mentioned Sheena Island as what would become the second Raccoon City in terms of an outbreak. I also looked up file transcripts from RE:Survivor and found one that was dated August 5 from one of the factory workers about drilling into the childrens' heads. Everything that starts the series off *chronologically* goes down on July 23... The diary entry occurs 13 days after the events of RE:0 and RE1... and since Umbrella employees are apparently an amoral workforce, that would mean that the factory worker would have to have been going at his job for a good long while before his conscience got the better of him. This would indicate that they had already found a way to mass produce tyrants and began to long enough before the events of RE:0 and RE1 to have fully functional T-103s and Sergei's stupid Ivan variations.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 pm
Well, the Arklay incident occured on May 11th. I highly doubt that they did anymore R&D on the tyrant after that. So the tyrant would be sitting there with no progress for a couple of months. So, okay, let's say all the data for T-002 that they needed, they had by May 11th. Which means they might have created the first T-103 prototype not long after. But since that file is in August, that was the way they found to mass produce the tyrants, which means, that's when they might've started doing it. But mass producing them still doesn't mean that there's a bunch of them already out walking around.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 am
Hey, what do you know? Wikipedia helps me find another point again. I'll be taking excerpts from the paragraphs on William Birkin.

"He was promoted in 1988 to lead the T-Virus project and completed the development of the Tyrant after he and Wesker assassinated their former mentor, Marcus.
When he and Wesker were conducting an experiment with the NE, the prototype of the Nemesis project, they used a female specimen, Lisa Trevor, as a guinea pig. Lisa was the only test subject to fully accept the parasite. Birkin examined her body structure and discovered that the variation of the Progenitor Virus that was injected into her in 1967 had absorbed all the mutagenic organisms that she had been implanted with since then and mutated into a new virus, which Birkin named the G-Virus.
He received approval from Umbrella's president, Ozwell E. Spencer, to initiate the G-Virus project. In 1993, Birkin and his wife were transferred to an underground research facility established specifically for the project."

This means that since his G-Virus research began 5 years before 1998, in the previous 5 years they had already created BOTH the T-001 and T-002, meaning that in the 5 years that he was researching the G-Virus, Umbrella would have been able to set up the Sheena Island facility and had already begun mass producing the T-103 lines. Your turn to cut down this possibility, BIO? ^_^  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 am
All it means is that Birkin was removed from the Tyrant project.
It doesn't mean that someone else wasn't assigned to it. Maybe it was John!

Either way, Wesker said that all that was needed from the Tyrant was the combat data. That means that there was no other tyrants who have been deployed, or even Tested before that time. T-103 is clearly superior to T-002. So if they were already testing and deploying T-103s, then T-002's combat data would be kinda useless, and there would be nothing amazing about it.
But at the time of July 24th, 1998, T-002 was revolutionary, and STILL not tested. Which means that there was no other tyrant superior to it, neither tested, not deployed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:54 am
That Wesker KNEW about.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 am
I'm pretty sure if there were T-103s ever deployed, Wesker would know about it.
Which, if you're trying to prove that what happened in Umbrella Chronicles was possible, Wesker has to FIGHT one of the T-103 Ivans right there, during the RE0 scenario, so yes, he WOULD'VE known.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:03 am
Also, hadn't Alexia already created the T-Veronica Virus and gone into cryo-sleep when T-002 was revolutionary? That would mean that the Bandersnatchers-the B.O.W. designed to be a cheap and easy poor mans Tyrant-had been created.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:06 am
Well, cheap and easy Poor man's tyrant dies after a couple of shots from a shotgun. First of all, technically it's not a Tyrant, it... MAYBE measures up to a Hunter. And as such, there's nothing revolutionary about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, cheap and easy Poor man's tyrant dies after a couple of shots from a shotgun. First of all, technically it's not a Tyrant, it... MAYBE measures up to a Hunter. And as such, there's nothing revolutionary about that.
But it was designed as a cheap alternative to a Tyrant. Plus I want to look at the T-078 you battle in RE:CV(X). It was one of the mass produced T-103 variations. It was used to train the Umbrella's special forces. The game takes place 3 months after the events of RE2/3, so if it was used for training the special forces, then it would have probably been used longer than when the events of the RE0 occurs.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:22 am
Not necessarily. It might've just been like.. "Here's the new thing we're gonna use to train our guys." I don't remember it stating any particular timeline. For all we know this was only a recent addition to the training exercise. It doesn't mean that they had no Special Forces before that tyrant was made.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff