Books you hated. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When I read a book I hate...
  ...I don't finish it.
  ...I finish it.
  ...I finish it and rant for days about how much time I wasted on that POS.
View Results

D.Monica

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:48 pm
I can't stand Laruell K Hamilton after Obsidian either, which is a true pity. Her books were captivating before they became smut.

I don't like Tale of Two Cities, it was so boring. The only book through out high school that I couldn't finish.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:51 am
D.Monica
I can't stand Laruell K Hamilton after Obsidian either, which is a true pity. Her books were captivating before they became smut.

I don't like Tale of Two Cities, it was so boring. The only book through out high school that I couldn't finish.

I can't believe I forgot Tale of Two Cities. I like Dickens well enough, but that book was SO mind-numbingly boring.  

Volatile Rainbow

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:48 pm
themadwriter
Well, I liked The Giver, but I'm totally with you on hating Eragon. I'm going to finish reading the series, but I'm going to hate every minute of it. I've never read so much purple prose in my life. The only reason I'll finish reading them is so that if I ever meet Christopher Paolini I'll be able to tell him in depth why I hate his book so much.
User Image

What do you mean by "purple prose?" I've actually never come across this term before. o.o;

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 am
twilight. I put it down halfway through.  

deceitful_hearts

Completely Obvious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 pm
I'm with Hana Chan on this one, no one knows literary torture until you read "Ethan Frome". I actually finished, and it's tackles depressing situations in impossibly boring ways.

I also really don't like the "Daughters of the Moon" series, I started it and read pretty far into the series, but when I started up again I realized how stupid it was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:34 pm
One more night and we'll go spinning around the room

I absolutely despised JKR's The Deathly Hallows. I mean, 700 pages worth of filler?!?!? Ugh. Yuck. And a pathetic ending to it all, too. She was tired of it, I know, but at least she could have ended the series well, instead of pulling a crapjob out of her butt. Not to mention she left half of the ends un-tied, thusly putting her smack-dab in the middle of another series. Which, of course, she thinks a simple encyclopedia of characters will fill that particular void. Ha. Ha. Ha. Riiiiiight.

---

And Sara Douglass' Wayfarer Redemption series. Yuck. The first one was okay-ish, but after the second, I just got really really really tired of reading about the same immortal people over and over again. Her Troy Games was good until the third (blech), and I couldn't finish the fourth one. >.< Another yuck.

It starts with our hearts on fire cause every song is ours tonight  

MythicxConvolutions

Familiar Fatcat

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:49 pm
Haha, I give props to MythicxConvolutions and deceitful_hearts for publicly bashing two of the most popular, and somewhat overrated, book series known to our current generation. THANK YOU.

Like, I love the HP series and I like Twilight, too. But I hate how there're so many people who just seem to fangirl over both too much. Especially the latter since, y'know. It's GETTING to that HP popularity stage.

*prepares funeral*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:28 pm
User Image

I'm not going to lie; I loved the cheesiness of Deathly Hallows's epilogue, at least. It's the only Harry Potter book I've only read once, and before I make any final judgements on it, I'm going to have to read it again. Its character was so vastly different from the other books that I'm just not sure what my opinion is.

User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:07 am
irock708
Haha, I give props to MythicxConvolutions and deceitful_hearts for publicly bashing two of the most popular, and somewhat overrated, book series known to our current generation. THANK YOU.

Like, I love the HP series and I like Twilight, too. But I hate how there're so many people who just seem to fangirl over both too much. Especially the latter since, y'know. It's GETTING to that HP popularity stage.

*prepares funeral*

Took the words right outta my mouth. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 am
Volatile Rainbow
irock708

*prepares funeral*

Took the words right outta my mouth. smile

*high-five*  

irock708

jenna of awesomeness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:58 pm
whoa u people are dissing really classic and awesome books.
anne of green gables? classic
eragon? adventurous
seriously  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 pm
jenna of awesomeness
whoa u people are dissing really classic and awesome books.
anne of green gables? classic
eragon? adventurous
seriously
User Image

Are you suggesting that people need to like books just because they're "classic" or popular?

User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Crystal_rose777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52 am
Huh. I just realized, I haven't re-read Deathly Hallows either. Wierd, for me O_O

Books I hated? Well, I'm sorry to all fangirls, but Twilight was just the epitome of cliche. I mean, the vampire dude was cool. What was his name, Edward or something like that? It's been awhile since I read it. But Bella should just die. And I mean die. Oh, and the sequal to Peeps, which I forget the name of. It was just...too different from the first book and a little too melodramatic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 pm
Volatile Rainbow
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

How do you not like Eragon?

I think I've only had a couple of books I didn't like.

1. Miracles on Maple Hill by someone who's name I've forgotten
2. Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce
3. What Happened to Lani Garver by ...
4. The Outcasts of 19 Schyler Place by E.L Konigsburg  

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Spirit_of_Midnight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 pm
irock708
POTC4ever
irock708
POTC4ever

To Kill a Mocking Bird

O_O

OK, so when you explain why you hate that book, you'd better have a good reason besides "Oh, I had to read it for school" because that is a DUMB reason to hate a book.

But anyways...
You were saying you hated TKAM because...?

No, I was reading it on my own time. It was very dry for me. And I lost it...and it was a library book T crying T. I had to pay $15 for a new one even though it orginally cost $5...T crying T

What was dry about it? And that sucks that you had to pay for it, but it's not really the book's fault that you had to pay for it.. Lol.

still, it was a major turn off and i'm cheap. It was dry due to the simple fact that it was boring. enough said  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff