Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which story would you like to use?
  Kess' "The Empire of Steam and Steel"
  Teddo's "Feud"
  El's "Out of the Dark"
  Let Teddo pull some mad scientist crap and make us a deranged, psychotic combination of the three!!! (Me: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!)
View Results

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm
I have to say I'm very partial to Ellenoir's idea; balances the field well, puts everyone in their place, and so on. I just have to say I'm not to keen on the whole disease, but I do understand its place, and it all follows a very logical stream. Bravo!

Oh, and I definitely roll Lycan. Maybe a Human too, but definitely Lycan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 pm
Nice map El, oh and I didn’t take the Lycan eating part from yours, ad that’s what I thought you meant with the state idea I just wanted to double check. I really like what you have going there, Teddo can we play there? Please oh please? It seems like a nice compromise on all areas for each Lycan and Vampire who want to run a certain way. I didn’t have a large opinion on the whole humans knowing or not but I kind of like how El did it. Humans are just the middle man, so playing one allows just as much freedom without the ignorance. When you start on the Lycan part give me, Alaundria, and maybe Fen a PM, we both have some ideas there. Fen if Lady Z lets him. lol ( I only joke Fen because Kaewyn would probably do it to me.)

I see your meaning in Lycans integrating into society and I could see some doing that, but not a large number. With the idea I have set the Lycan love there way of life and enjoy it and all its perks. Just in my mind I don’t see them wanting to meld with society when society is going so far from nature. I see them very druid in life style and culture and actually think it only strengthens the werewolves rather than weakens them. It makes them resolute and proud of what they are and what they do. I think the idea of being the Lycan should be wanting to protect what you love with fang and sword to the end. The whole idea is very much native-American based and I love that idea. I’m very lucky to have an uncle who is half….you know he never does tell us which half he is…but he does like to tell how he lost his TP in a poker match, but then stuck rich in the stock market. The only downside is he’s my uncle by marriage and not by blood so I got nothing, darn. Anyways rambling aside I think letting the Lycans stay rustic just ads to there mystic an wonder.

edit: Ah, you ninjad me Mr. Lore ninja . Woot for Lycan, so ad the Birdman to the PM list please Lady El. Anything on my Lycan idea Mr. Lore?  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 am
Just an FYI, I was planning on making this RP multi-lateral... setting parallel RPs up in different time periods, using the same characters only older/younger. (ex. playing in a setting that is 2000 years before this one, in which the ancient vampires in this RP are only fledglings, and they are fighting the great-great-great grandparents of the modern lycans)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:02 pm
Ok, now you lost me. I guess my first question is why?

It seem fine just playing it straight with everyone’s ideas nicely compiled together. Besides that kind of hit’s the Lycans, since they are not immortal. I realize the generations would keep fighting but I had one character in mind to play as.

Second would be, why tell us now after we thought everything was going to be semi-normal. (as normal as a Vamp-Lycan Rp can get.)

Just question, not really complaints. Just thought I would get some more information before I went…

WHAT!!! xd  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm
The next segment about Out of the Dark:

Separated only by a short stretch of water, bridged by railways of course, the purple and yellow Cities could nearly be considered one. These two cities are the manufacturing hubs for the whole alliance. With plans sent in from the blue City, raw materials from their metal mines, and the coal from the red City, they are the booming centers of vampiric culture.

Raw materials are sent to the purple city to be refined, and the basic parts are made here. The refineries form the ground floor of the city, and cover nearly the whole surface of the small island. Water is pulled in from the bay and either sent through it’s own refining process (to become drinking water), or used to create steam power. The materials made here are then sent over to the yellow City to be assembled and tested before being traded to the rest of the Cities for yet more supplies.

Both cities are built straight up, in towers and spires. The human residents live just above the refineries and factories, and atop this level are schools and entertainment halls that the mortals are allowed to attend. Above even that are the halls of the Vampires, shuttered windows blocking out the light of day, but thrown open to enjoy the moonlight.
Life in these cities is intense. The days full of hard work, and the nights full of music and dance and art. The humans know that their lives are likely to be short, as they are a prime target for the Lycans and the simple fact that factory life is dangerous.
~~~
Now, as for the Lycan's I haven't fleshed them out too much yet. I figure that they would be nomadic, and have a pack/tribal clan structure. I figure that there would be three distinct groups. Those that live in the mountains where the Vampires are mining for Ore, those that live out on the plains that the Humans are domesticating(agriculturalizing isn't a word is it?), and those that live in the forests and hills where the Vampires are mining coal. (M' brother and I came up with cheesy names: Plains Runners, Mountain Stalkers, and Forest Walkers)

How different to make these groups is up for grabs. I can start working on ideas for them, but if anyone wants to jump in and build on that little bit I'm cool with that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:45 pm
Let’s see here….

Plains Runners:

Are generally either seen with light colored fur and even sometimes white. The main source of food and supplies for the Lycan’s of the plains are herds of large animals like buffalo, and a small source comes from minor trade with the humans who live close by. The Plains Runners are more tolerant of human culture and see them just occasionally annoying instead of threats to nature. Plains Runners also tend to be more spiritualistic and many of the tribe members learn deep magic and learn to commune with nature easily. The warriors of the Plains Runners tend to move quickly and strike hard. Using bows and arrows in the wide open areas and then strike in close with a spear, most of the weapons and armor of the Plains Lycans tend to be made from the animals they kill and off the land around them.

Mountain Stalkers:

These Lycans come in more earthy tones of dark browns and blacks. These more rustic Lycans hunt some of the other large predators of the mountain areas like bears and mountain lions, and such action have made the Mountain Stalkers more aggressive. The Lycans here see the humans just how the humans see them, pests. The Mountain Stalkers raise their kind to become warriors and rely on their own natural prowess than on magic. Since they are so close to the coal mines of the humans they have been able to steal and even make steel weapons of their own. Many carry large axes and broad swords into the many raids upon the human and vampires. The best equipped and most well armed Lycans come from the mountains.

Forest Walkers:

These Lycans tend to appear in mixed colors of gray, brown, and even a few red furs. These Lycans hunt as their normal cousins do, for deer and elk. Most of the Forest Walkers have mixed feelings about the humans and the nearby cities that shoot up higher than the trees. Many Lycans here have learned how to hide and stalk among the foliage and watch humans that are brave enough to venture near. Most of the weapons and armor among the Forest walkers is a combination or natural and man stolen. Short bows, bow staves, and twin weapons are favored here and the Lycans use them spend hours practicing. The Forest Walkers have found a balance between their spiritual roots and their combative nature. Most young Lycans choose which path they wish to follow and then are trained by elders in each field. The Forest Walkers try and stay out of the humans endeavors unless its something against the forests they protect.

How’s that El? Anything you wanted to ad? I matched the color of the names to the colors on your map, to make things easier to stream together.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 pm
Re: Ronyo

It was just something I was planning on doing in the considerably distant future. Continuity doesn't even matter right now, I just want this RP to get off the ground soon... so just disregard what I said. It won't matter for a looooong time.

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance
Okay guys, this is it. The final phase of polling rolleyes Here's how it'll work: I've given sufficient time, and it seems that there's only 3 suggested stories. Everyone will vote between the stories of Kess, El, and myself. Whoever wins, I'll make some slight variations to their background information (don't worry, I won't gut your story) so that... well, so that I'm satisfied that it will better go along with the tone I'd like to set. Sorry if it sounds a bit dictatorial, but I'd rip my eyeballs from their sockets if I didn't get to tweak it just a little....

oh, did I actually type that? You know what, I'm gonna shut up now. Please vote.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 pm
Nope, Ronyo, you've hit the exact feel I wanted for the Lycans in Out of the Dark. Nifty thing about the map is that we can swap the territories of the Mountain Stalkers and the Forest Walkers, however we want, because there are two mountain ranges and so much forest.

And a note about the map, I don't remember if I clarified. The coal mines are inland, near the red City, but the majority of metal ores are in the coastal mountains near the yellow and purple Cities.

Also also, I didn't vote for it, but the I am intrigued by the idea of blending the three settings... How on earth would you go about doing that?  

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 pm
Honestly, I have absolutely no clue. The scary thing is that everyone voted for it, though...

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at the irony. Time to go all mad scientist on this thing. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:07 pm
So how long is the voting going for? Or is this Teddo stalling to have to create this concoction of chaos?  

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:48 am
Hang on, hang on... I've been busy. The voting clearly tipped in the "Let Teddo BS something crazy using all 3 stories" direction. Hopefully this weekend...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 am
Heh, I understand the busy thing >.< Good luck!  

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am
So quiet…

*Watches a pin fall from the sky and head towards the ground*

Huh-oh

*Pin hits the ground*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:00 pm
*Stands, missing an arm and covered in shrapnel and ash.*

"OOOOhhh... Throw the Grenade! Not the pin!"

XD  

Scouter Kai

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic