Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jesus is Lord!
  Amen!
View Results

Sabeine

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:25 am
I understand the confusion with that. When I was little I used to think that you should pray to angels and God because they all work up there lol. But, just as you have, I learned that we are to talk only to God, which if you think about it, is really awesome!! Here God almighty wants us to talk directly to Him and not to the angels...that makes me feel pretty special. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Two questions that reading my bible has brought up:

Proverbs 26:4-5

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you will be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Uhhhh? What's going on here?

And also...

Ezekiel 36 is a beautiful passage of deliverance, but in the middle of it...

Ez. 36:32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, O house of Israel! (Emphasis mine)

What's going on there, too?  

T E H x M U S E

Monkeynathan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:07 pm
T E H x M U S E

And also...

Ez. 36:32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, O house of Israel! (Emphasis mine)

Proverbs 26:4-5 does sound contradictory and confusing, But if you read it carefully and think on what it means with each passage then you will understand. "4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him." Careful reading showed me that it is saying not to do or act with foolish people or else you would be foolish as well. As well as verse 5 "Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes." by carefully reading this verse, I understand it saying that you must tell a fool of his foolish ways and to change them from their foolish ways.
Ezekiel 36:32 is actually quite simple. If you understand everything God has done for Israel and how Israel has given back to God, you will see that God is rebuking them for their evil trespasses to Him despite all that He did for them.
I hope I helped you understand the Bible verses. ^_^ even though I am young in the Bible, God has given me good understanding of things ^_^ at least I think I have decent understanding >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm
In wensday night class...we had our game night. Welll we decided to finnish up our prior game of Bible football. Well one of the questions that our teacher had asked us was...."WHO told JESUS to fill the pots with water?" my team and I thought hard about it and could not figure out the anserw. When the time was up...our teacher had told us the anserw. " No one told Jesus to Fill the pots with water....becuase HE told the SERVANTS to!" I havn't heard that story since I was a kid in sunday school when I first started going to church.  

gummybear380

2,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm
T E H x M U S E

And also...

Proverbs 26:4

Here, the passage is saying that if you decide to join a fool, you will begin to act foolish.

Proverbs 26:5

Here, the passage is saying that you need to point out a fool's folly or he will continue to act foolishly.

Sometimes, the Bible can be difficult to interpret or understand. Words can be used that are the same in two different passages and also mean two different things. But at first glance, they may not seem to be anything but a contradiction. Thank you for coming to us with these rather than simply believing the Bible contradicts itself. I promise that all alleged contradictions can be explained.

Ezekiel 36:32

Well first, let's look at what He's doing.

Ezekiel 26:26-32

((New Living Translation))

And you will live in Israel, the land I gave your ancestors long ago. You will be my people, and I will be your God. I will cleanse you of your filthy behavior. I will give you good crops of grain, and I will send no more famines on the land. I will give you great harvests from your fruit trees and fields, and never again will the surrounding nations be able to scoff at your land for its famines. Then you will remember your past sins and despise yourselves for all the detestable things you did. But remember, says the Sovereign Lord, I am not doing this because you deserve it, O my people of Israel, you should be utterly ashamed of all you have done!

I think you're getting confused about God giving Israel all of these things, these blessings, yet He is not doing it for them.

God is angry with Israel. They have been disobedient, as they are many times. So God has decided to pour out His blessings. But He is not doing it because they've earned it. He's doing it so they'll feel ashamed about what they've done.

It's like talking about somebody and saying some really nasty things about them, and then that somebody turns around and takes you out to a really nice dinner and buys you a gift. You'd feel pretty bad about all the nasty things you said, wouldn't you?

This is the same thing. God isn't giving Israel these gifts because they've earned them. He wants them to turn from their ways. He wants to make their hearts feel guilty so that they will repent.

I hope these questions have been answered. God bless. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:00 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

This is for you when you're dealing with Questions on Sin.

Q: Sin doesn't exist. You only learn what is right and wrong because you're told. You aren't programmed to know what is right and wrong. So why should I believe that sin exists?

A: Answers to sin can be found in the Bible. This person is right. You learn what is right and wrong through being told. That is why the Bible is such an enlightening book. Because we are born of sin nature, we don't know any better. But when we receive the light of Christ we come to know what is sin and what is not.

My Pastor always responds to that question of sin by saying, 'what if I punch you? Is that wrong?' Course they say yes. 'Why though? Cause someone said so?' They usually respond that it's because it hurts someone. 'So you don't have to be told it's wrong to hurt someone? That's sin."  

Alexya Starr

sweet lost Lanore

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:19 am
Heres a question we have always been told to obey our parents. What if they tell you to do someing thats wrong? Or they try to stop you from doing someing thats not wrong? My parents are very controling always trying to stop me from being friends with people that they dont like the look of even if they have proven that their good people they even tryed to make me stop coming here becuse they didnt like the name of the site. any sugestions  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:07 pm
T E H x M U S E

And also...

there are two different things going in here. in verse 4 he is talking about being a fool to answer a fool and in verse 5 he is talking about make sure the fool understands you with out brining your self down to that level. talk to the fool as if the fool was a child. not as an equal.  

lizyboo

lizyboo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 pm
Jersey Raven
Heres a question we have always been told to obey our parents. What if they tell you to do someing thats wrong? Or they try to stop you from doing someing thats not wrong? My parents are very controling always trying to stop me from being friends with people that they dont like the look of even if they have proven that their good people they even tryed to make me stop coming here becuse they didnt like the name of the site. any sugestions
you should honor your parents wishes but do what you know is right in your heart. and show them some of the christian forums on here. my mom thought i should stop comming here till i pointed out that there were christian aspects to the sight too  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 pm
The Lord wants you to honor and obey your parents...as long as it does not interfere with God's rules and laws. So if your parents tell you to do something that you know is against God...God comes first, but all other times obey them. 3nodding  

Sabeine

Vampire

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:44 pm
Jersey Raven
They're trying to look out for you. That's what parents do. Mine are the same way, though they've stopped me from coming because they didn't like how Gaia's avatars have an anime theme to it. They believe anime is for kids. Though I've countlessly brought up that there are adult themes in anime along with violence.

But seeing as hoe you're not old enough to move out, I would listen to them for now. Take what they say to heart. They just want to make sure that you're safe and nothing will harm you. They are your parents and you are their child. It's their job to make sure you're alright.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:19 am
lizyboo
T E H x M U S E

And also...

there are two different things going in here. in verse 4 he is talking about being a fool to answer a fool and in verse 5 he is talking about make sure the fool understands you with out brining your self down to that level. talk to the fool as if the fool was a child. not as an equal.[/quote
I had been wondering about that forever too. thanks for answering ^_^

Short Melancholic

mexbiv671

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm
i want to know something u know before jesus came u could drink , have alot of womens
y did that changa ? confused  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:34 am
Monkeynathan, you were stating that most of the christian music was to happy for you, correct? If so, I suggest thst you listen to Ressurection Band (They also are called Rez Band or Rez). Other ones include Whitecross and Guardian. They range from Hard Rock, Hard Bluesy Rock, and Heavy Metal.  

Vetrona

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kalai3

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 pm
mexbiv671
i want to know something u know before jesus came u could drink , have alot of womens
y did that changa ? confused

With the drinking thing, I assume you're talking about the wine they drank for ceremonies. Back then, what they called "wine" was actually more like grape juice, from what I understand.

The thing about having a lot of women is a little more complicated. I'm Mormon, so this is a question I get a lot. From what I understand, certain people in the Old Testament had multiple wives, and some of them were sinning while others weren't. For example, Isaac married both Rebekah and Leah, but David got in trouble for having more than one wife. The reason one was okay but the other wasn't is that Isaac's multiple wives were given to him by the Lord, but David's were not. He decided that he wanted to be greedy and lustful and take them without asking the Lord if it was okay. So basically...it's not okay to have more than one wife unless the Lord specifically tells you to.

And before I get the inevitable question, no, Mormons don't practice polygamy.  
Bible Questions and Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff