Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Have you ever been banned or demoted from a Guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  yes
  no
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:30 pm

The captain and crew are responsible for keeping a guild from not compliying with the ToS.

If it is a big problem with a member, you could PM a GGN moderator.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 am
Metalic_Noodles

What's wrong is that there is any discussion.

You can ban/dismiss anyone you damn well please for the sole reason that you are the captain. :/

Crew get demoted or banned if the captain gets pissed at them banning members, same with a VC.

But a captain has the say in what goes on in the guild, unless they lose the guild because the guild, or something in it, is breaking the ToS of Gaia.

Not that hard guys.

If you are the captain, and you want them gone, ban their asses.

~Metalic_Noodles

Amen!!!  

pheonix20222

Nikolita

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 am
I've been demoted for inactivity and the guild was cleaning out members with few or no posts. I don't think I've ever been banned from a guild though...?

As a guild captain, I've had to ban users for trolling, lying, and inappropriate behavior (usually cybering or other above-PG-13 behavior) that's not allowed on Gaia.

If you have a situation of guild hijacking or guild stealing, you can try PM'ing a GGN moderator. I know they look into it if it's brought to their attention.

Generally the rule of thumb is to have people you trust as VC and Crew. For that sole reason I have only one Crew member, and she's a mod. I don't trust anyone else to run my guild the way that I like it, and so I stick to just me.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:13 pm
No i actually never have, guilds is pretty much all i do on Gaia x3  

PiercedPixie2

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

No I haven't.
I have banned one vice-captained, and demoted people from vice-captain to crew, or vise-versa.
It is as simple as me needing to change what needs to be changed.
I give me crew fair warning, so if they have done something wrong they can correct it, or we can talk it out, but if they do it again after I have set down rules then they need to learn a virtual lesson.
As plain as that. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 am
I've been banned from a guild for the stupidest reason ever, or at least in my opinion it is... anyway a bunch of people in this one guild i'd been a member of decided they didn't like me and didn't want to be in the guild because I was there. So the guild became inactive and so these people said if i was banned they'd come back.. so the Vice-captain at the time banned me. As for those people coming back to that guild... they did.... for a few hours... and then the guild became inactive again. I laughed. But i was hurt at the same time. I mean did the VC honestly think that by banning me they'd come back. >.>

That guild pretty much died after that... I think... honestly don't know, and don't really care.

I've done my fair share of banning as a guild captain but mostly for Inactivity. It gets really annoying that you invite people to join your guild. They join and then they don't participate in anything or they introduce themselves and then disappear for months on end.

Kahara Michiyo

6,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 pm
Arkangelstar1
I have, from a Guild I helped create, and i was Captain and booted or demoted by my Vice-Captain!!!!!!It was kinda unfair the way my crew turned on me, and demoted me for a silly thing!!!! sad
I tell my members if I break any of the rules I have set up that they should ban me them self!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:12 pm
I was demoted in this guild for inactivity. ninja heart  

WindowOpener

dddaren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:51 pm
This is sort of off topic, but I didn't really want to make a new thread for just this one question.

Do captains/vcs have the power to not let certain people (crews) accept people's requests in the guild? I hope that made sense..  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:18 pm
i was banned from a couple of guilds simply for not posting as much as they wanted me to...i'm sorry i had a life to live.....  

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100

daviderentxun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:56 am
Nope, never. But I made an auto-coup d'état by making the Captain a mule that I don't use anymore, and demoting myself. That was in order to flee from some responsibilities. Bad me. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 am
I can say that I haven't been banned from any guilds. sweatdrop

But there have been times where I have been demoted for the simple fact that I did not have any time to do anything in the guilds. sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Heavenly Floetic Sins

spotfred93

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:02 pm
i was once demoted from crew to member but i got a spot back as a vice captain  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 am
Arkangelstar1
Yeah I kinda need advice, since I got the Guild back, since my Vice-Captain demoted me sweatdrop , but people hate me in that Guild, I really don`t know why, since all i did was edit a guys post, since he kinda politely insulted me in a PM, and then I apologized for my fault, and then people started saying hateful things on me emo , for editing the guys post. They didn`t even accept my apology sweatdrop . I had even though if they (the members) don`t like me for discrimitnation against religious people, that they may discriminate against me , or when they see my profile, I dunno, Don`t Know gonk !!.So I Pmed a Mod and got my Guild back, and they don`t think I`ll make a good Captain, but I said I`ll try, but the idea for making the Guild was mine. In other words if I never had given out the idea in the threads, then the Guild would not exist, well it would exist, it just would have been an empty Guild with no members. And even the Mod that helped me get the Guild back wants or thinks now I should give it back to the Vice-Captain, but he/she had told me in the past that to not have Vice-Captains just to be safe ninja . But now i guess the people that Pmed him, changed his Mind, saying bad things about me that are probably not true. I won`t say names to stay on the safe side. He/She later sayd:
Quote:
Do what you want. I don't want to be involved in your decisions anymore. If all of your guild leaves, don't try to blame anyone else.
I can`t make the ex-Vice-Captain, Captain or Vice-Captain again in the Guild, if he did it once he can do it again, demote me or ban me, even if i wanted to. If I do do that, then he`ll make Crew again the people that hate me, and they`ll ban me for sure. I was thinking of giving 20,000 gold to the ex-Vice-Captain so he doesn`t feel like i took away his Guild, but the Gaia Mod thinks now that i should give the Guild back instead, to show maturity. I even need donations to get the complete 20,000 Gold gonk , which i was planing to use to buy another Guild sweatdrop , just in case I get banned again gonk , to have a place to go to, just in case ninja sweatdrop !! Look, the Vice-Captain kinda did steal it, since he demoted me, and let his crew ban me emo , and the guild was my idea, so i feel like he used or stole my idea, and used it for his own, like if he thought of the idea. I asked the ex-Vice Captain in a PM if he could make me crew when he demoted me, and put anywhere in the Guild the link of the thread where is says how the Guild started, which was me who gave him the idea for that Guild, but he didn`t answer back anything. A short time later his crew banned me. If I give it back, and he demotes me again, I can`t claim anything gonk , since it is Captain demoting Vice-Captain.
I need any type of Help you guys can give me. You are experienced in this type of thing.I didn`t mean to make the Gaia MOD mad or angry either. Look, I`m just afraid sweatdrop of getting banned by a Mod or something, or loosing My guild again!HELP!!!!! gonk

Dang in times like this I wish I was a Gaia Mod, to not be afraid of sweatdrop everything! sad

the members or users might have Pmed other Gaia Mods saying their version of the story, which might not be completely true at all, will this affect me in anyway?? sweatdrop surprised gonk

and sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, since I am kinda new to this Guild!!!!! sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
I would ban them just say your selling it and do so and clear out the the idea or story out completely and make a new one from the gold you got from the old one and dont invite the people who hate you  

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am
Kahara Michiyo
I've been banned from a guild for the stupidest reason ever, or at least in my opinion it is... anyway a bunch of people in this one guild i'd been a member of decided they didn't like me and didn't want to be in the guild because I was there. So the guild became inactive and so these people said if i was banned they'd come back.. so the Vice-captain at the time banned me. As for those people coming back to that guild... they did.... for a few hours... and then the guild became inactive again. I laughed. But i was hurt at the same time. I mean did the VC honestly think that by banning me they'd come back. >.>

That guild pretty much died after that... I think... honestly don't know, and don't really care.

I've done my fair share of banning as a guild captain but mostly for Inactivity. It gets really annoying that you invite people to join your guild. They join and then they don't participate in anything or they introduce themselves and then disappear for months on end.
Thank you for saying that
"I've done my fair share of banning as a guild captain but mostly for Inactivity. It gets really annoying that you invite people to join your guild. They join and then they don't participate in anything or they introduce themselves and then disappear for months on end." and then they bombard you with PMs saying they posted and they donated a lot of gold and stupid s**t that just goes on and on.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff