Reply Classical Musicians Guild
A Musicians Nightmare Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whitegoddess_dawn06

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 am
You know what? interpreting your dream...

Maybe it means that you have this great skill but no one notices it so you give up on it.

Hmm... I'm sorry to hear about your dream BTW.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 am
I had a dream where I wanted to try out for the High School Symphony, and I found out about it the day of! I was like, I'm not ready! I don't even have my song ready! I don't even know what song I was playing! Then I woke up. 3nodding It was scary, SOOOO glad it wasn't real! But now >.> in real life, sophomores can't try out for the Symphony >.<. Stoopido, I'm stuck with an Orchestra, not that it's bad, I just like hearing woodwinds too razz .

In real life...just a couple days ago during my concert, I was sooo nervous during the last song, that I was shaking sooo badly I couldn't play the song DX. I practiced it so hard to!  

Mitang1541

shima violet

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:53 pm
When i was 11 years old, there is a competition between every students in my school.I was da only da youngest among all of them (all of them age 12 -15) so, i quite nervous though.. When its my time, i just stood there.. I didnt move at all.. When i tried to play, my hand is shaking like hell n i made some horrible sounds out of it.. Im soo embarrassed and i juz ran out from da stage.. Diz is not a dream though.. Its true.. Until now, i nvr played my violin in public anymore..  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:24 pm
I had a nightmare... I couldn't play the violin anymore because I forgot how to play it. I was standing in front of some big room filled with audiences. I don't even know what I was doing there!!!

They were waiting for my music. I was so eager to play it, but when I used the bow and the bow touched the string (E-String to be exact... I think), a shriek-like noise came out! It made the audience feel dazed fr a while, but after that, they were laughing at me saying that I'm a fraud. A fake trying to play the violin.

I woke up, trying to tell myself it was only a dream, but I still cried about it... It's so depressing to see that I played that kind of tune in front of many audiences....  

xHajixbloodplus

Xxgoth_puppyxX

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:10 am
I'm sorry about your dream It's probly better than you having a dream about your teacher running over your precious insterment in an angry fit....I had one like that before.....I woke up crying, my violin is my life, without it I would die.... burning_eyes or explode...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:56 pm
I've had two instrument nightmares in my life time. The first one was when I was just starting to play the violin, and I was playing and my bridge fell off. The second one was in the eighth grade, I was walking on a very blue and purple-ish stage and just as I was walking, I tripped, fell backward and woke up. Those dreams where you fall are scary as hell, cause your legs twitch violently or something, and with an instrument in your hand it's very scary.  

13Mizu-Chan13

Requiems Lullaby

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:08 am
._.
I had a nightmare about a piano being pummeled with a sledgehammer and being burned with arson.

>->;; Yeesh.

EDIT-

Horrible and absurd.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:55 am
I had a nightmare that I was playing on stage and two of my violin strings broke and hit me in the face (that's happened to me before). The audience began laughing at me. Then some ferals from my school began throwing rotten tomatoes at me. I turned and ran off thestage, strangely finding myself in a forest. Tears blurring my vision, I ran to a clearing and fell down (ut not on my violin) onto the grass. I held my violin tightly to my chest and sat there, huddled, humiliated and crying.

Its the worst dream I've ever had, so much emotion behind it...  

Dark Genosha

ClarinetGoddess

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:12 pm
I once had a dream that my reed broke. I'm not kidding. Nothing happened. The entire night i'm just having a dream about a broken reed. Not about what happened when it broke. Just that it did. it was weird.

The day of my first and only solo, i had a dream that i would mess up. I ended uop messing up really bad during the school performance but i did really well at the night concert.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:25 pm
i dreamed that i was playing in a concert and the conducter just came up and took my violin. He then smashed it on the floor and luahged at me. I woke up and i was close to crying. Jeffy the violn is my most prized possetion.  

Vampire_Panda14

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Alphabetical Elegancies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm
Well no ones posted on this one for a while, but I want to share.

First I had a nightmare that my sister took my flute and was smashing it against the wall and just like, completely destroying it.

Then, a few weeks ago, I had a sleepover and in it I was fingering music and then was doing movement from marching band. I was completely asleep during it, but my friends couldn't stop laughing. So about an hour later I woke up from them laughing...

And THENN I had a nightmare I had a marching band competition and we had rehearsal and this girl from my school that isn't even involved with band was in marching band and she kept missing her dot and I wanted to smack her. Very hard.

And I constantly have dreams about having competitions, but I forget to dress in my uniform. /:  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Have you ever had a dream in third person I did.

I was sitting in the pews of a cathedral and I saw someone directing a choir. As I walked down the naive I heard an elegant piece that I didn't recognize. The lyrics are still in my head, it was a beautifully complex piece. I continued to walk to the choir and saw it wasn't a man, as I had first perceived but a woman. She was standing in dress slacks, a button down shirt and loafers. Suddenly she cued them to stop and turned and looked to a young man off to the side who was playing piano.

He shrugged and said, "I'm not sure, are you sure that there is something wrong there?" She responded, "I am certain unless I change a cluster." She turned and I saw the scariest thing...

She looked just like me... only like ten years older but it was me none the less. At first I wasn't sure until the man at the piano said, "Alexandra, maybe you’re over thinking it." She said back, "No I just want the full effect of the piece." She smiled and looked at me. Suddenly I woke up and the strangest thing happened at school that day.

My music teacher suggested that I try my hand at directing and check out Ithaca University if I was interested. Is that not the weirdest thing?  

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Rosa Cantante

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:20 pm
That's terrible! Aw! Well, I guess you can take solace in the fact that it didn't actually happen to you! ^-^

I remember singing the National Anthem in front of large crowd at the grand opening of a new athletic building on campus, and my worst nightmare came true ... I was singing a Capella and my starting pitch was really high ... I am a soprano, so I knew I could handle it, but just when I started gaining some confidence - in the middle of the song my voice cracked and I changed key to an even higher key ... I finished the song, calmly walked out of the building, and the moment I got out, I ran to my dorm and cried. I was so devastated. People made fun of me here and there. But I got over it.

Looking back on it now, it's kind of funny. But a big learning experience! XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:11 pm
ive repeatedly had freaky dreams where something terrible happens to my violin
in one dream, it swelled as fat as a watermelon and the bow tightened to the point where it snapped. then my mom, in the dream, was like, "should i take it to the shop?"
then in another dream, it exploded. eek
(this one was based on a horrible experience, back when i first started, someone's little sibling got a hold of their violin, drew on it with crayons, cut the strings with scissors, ripped the fingerboard off, and snapped the bow) and my dream was basically that
and then i have these horrible dreams that the conductor will break the baton on my head. (he tends to bound the fat end of the baton on anyone's head to create a metronome, and he's broken it before)  

Katherine Gray

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:24 pm
i had a dream one of our band's sousaphones got run over by an idiot jock in a pickup truck, right over the valve section, and this was the first time in a long time where we actually needed all our sousas.
oh wait.
that really happened.  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas