*~Boys Next Door discussion~* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

etrnlfoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:34 am
Bloodhound or maybe something like Cruel Fairytales. Short, sweet stories. ^^
BND is not something that anyone off of the street can just pick up and read. It has deep meaning and you really need to have an open mind and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:30 am
Sonoshi
I think it was one of my first Yuki-manga too...
One of my absolute favorites! I cry ev'ry time I read it... crying Even makes my cry when I just thinks about it..!
heart

me too, I cried each of my three times of reading it. It hurts to think about. However, I got this worst with Cain... For days after reading the last Cain books, I was in an odd state of shock. The same huanting image went thought my mind again and again. the image of Cain smiling as he was about to die. the concept was a little... overwelming for me.

Although The same thing happened in 'Boys Next door' when Adrian died, I feel that 'Boys Next door has a distancing effect, that Cain didn't. We had MANY volumes where we cried and laughed with Cain but 'Boys...' was only a short. 'Cain...' had a main character narrative that wasn't as so present in 'Boys...'

alicelights

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:44 pm
I don''t really have anything new to add that hasn''t already been said by someone else, I just wanted to add my two cents.
I read BND at work, so now I''m close to tears and really emotional (I just finished the first five books of cain too so I have like a double header) and I just wanna go home crying
Kaori Yuki is such an amazing story teller *sigh*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:52 pm
BND was great. It had such a deep emotional meaning, and was the first yaoi i've ever read sweatdrop .  

D.O.O.M.

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:17 pm
D.O.O.M.
BND was great. It had such a deep emotional meaning, and was the first yaoi i've ever read sweatdrop .

Ditto wink  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:56 pm
Wow, I finally read BND for the first time tonight... That was so touching. Sad and sweet at the same time.

I want to have Kaori Yuki's babies. T^T

(I don't care if we're both female...)  

dead.moki

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:41 pm
dead.moki
Wow, I finally read BND for the first time tonight... That was so touching. Sad and sweet at the same time.

I want to have Kaori Yuki's babies. T^T

(I don't care if we're both female...)

rofl hehehe biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:37 pm
I've never read it because I can't find it in English. If I did, I would buy it in a flash. I've seen sites about it and I've seen some scans for it, but I would love to buy it. It's such an emotional piece. It's amazing how much you can feel for Lawrence. And how much you kinda wanna pounce on him whee  

Twisted Illusions

fuhqul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:57 pm
Wahh~ That one made me cry a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:50 am
okay i have little to say becuse i havn't read it yet but oohhhh do i want to. when i found out that she atually made a manga called boy's next door, i ran to the book store to only find that no book stores sold the manga here...*crys*

so to you the dovoted ones....when is it coming to the us.  

Sesshie-chan

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:16 pm
There hasnt been any news of anyone liscensing it, but since the BL genre seems to be selling well, they just might one day.
But I think one of the hurdles is that its so short...its only about a little more than half of the tankoubon its in, the rest is Kaori Yuki's older one shots that I dont think many casual English-speaking fans are interested in.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:39 pm
Sai-kun
There hasnt been any news of anyone liscensing it, but since the BL genre seems to be selling well, they just might one day.
But I think one of the hurdles is that its so short...its only about a little more than half of the tankoubon its in, the rest is Kaori Yuki's older one shots that I dont think many casual English-speaking fans are interested in.

OOO I am! If I were to buy the Japanese edition would I be able to find translations for all the one shots? I have a couple of her one shot translations just because i've looked them up and printed them out, but I haven't found all of her one shots yet... I seem to have a hard time locating straight up translations on the internet.  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:22 pm
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun

OOO I am! If I were to buy the Japanese edition would I be able to find translations for all the one shots? I have a couple of her one shot translations just because i've looked them up and printed them out, but I haven't found all of her one shots yet... I seem to have a hard time locating straight up translations on the internet.

I havent come across any translations for the one shots yet mad i'll try and look when I get home, I dont have the manga on me now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:50 am
BND was the first manga I ever read and it really affected me so much! It was the first time I had ever read a story with love between two men in and I was all like xd , moved and a little sad. I love the art, story and simply just everything. BND was the reason I started reading manga and shounen ai stories in the first place and now I can't se how I could have lived without it! heart
Everytime somebody says manga or shounen ai I think about this manga. You can say it liturally changed my life to the better. whee  

Queen_of_the_random

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:11 pm
There is only one thing I can say about this one...
crying It was soo...beautifully sad... crying

heart heart heart  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas