Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
You're Asked To Say Grace... What Do You Say? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:53 pm
I'd say "Grace" or "Duh IDK, how. Pass?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:20 am
I entertain their ignorance with my own. A lunchtime grace I learned at a scout camp I work at.(I have to say grace sometimes, 12th point of Scout Law is reverence. So I pretend.) I sing this grace everytime they ask, keeps them from asking again. Even better it's been rumored to be bad luck because it brings rain.

Johnny Appleseed Grace:

Oh the lord is good to me,

That's why I thank the lord,

For giving me the things I need:

The sun, the RAIN, and the apple seeds,

Oh the lord is good to me, GO LORD!

After it's been done they usually stare daggers, hilarious at dinners with my other half's christian-conservative grandparents.  

JohnnyRingo45

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

55may55

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 pm
Being that I go to a Catholic school and hear them saying prayers all day long anyway, I have learned that you can say pretty much anything you want as long as it includes the words "thankful/thank you", "help me", and "God." Keeping all this in mind I would probably say something like this:

So did you guys see the new Star Trek movie? I am so thankful that it turned out as well as it did, because if they had screwed that film up, God help me, somebody would be in trouble. Well enough of me ranting, what's up with you guys? Oh, and go ahead and dig in.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Dear God, we paid for all of this food, so thanks for nothing. Amen  

adolfchrist

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm
"Hey, Big G. How about a bit of fancier food for this meal, huh? What, me bustin' my nuts ain't good enough to get some lobster, or at least some dinner rolls that aren't stale."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Ill Say something like "Let us praise the Cheese Helmet For the Cheese Helmet loves us all even the Lactose intolerant and don't forget to cut the cheese in the face of Christ" yeah something like that.... biggrin  

LALO_ONE

TheSeeker1488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm
"Dear Invisible Sky Genie..."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:17 am
ok well id be laughing my a** off trying this.. but id probably say " THANK YOU BABY JESUS I ******** LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!"
and then get kicked outta the dinner table..

But something like this happened to me once.. i was at a friends house last year and they said i was a guest so it would be nice for me to do grace.. uhh.. i told them i was atheist and the parents hate me now -_-" well that family was a push over so who needs them  

Nardone

PolityOfQueens

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:43 am
"Hare krishna, hare krishna..."  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items