Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Age gaps? How big is too big? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tayi Monster

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny

These kind of relationships never last. >.> repeatedly.

My baby sister's gonna be 18 in a couple months and she's in this long-distance relationship with this 32-year old she's met only once in real life and came across on Everquest. rolleyes Since then she's probably broken up with him over 150 times. -sigh-

I don't give a damn either way, since we've agreed we both hate each other, but considering our eldest sister is old enough to be our mother, and is only 4 years older than this guy she loves..it's just ridiculous.
Mom is all for it, but her dad [ and I, because I'm a b***h ] are telling her no because he's essentially a *****. :/

I think a reasonable age gap is like a few years, not 10-20.

Okay... THAT'S GROSS!! I mean... if you were 22 that would be a little better... and I would say that if you are a teen (19 or younger) the gap should be AT MOST 5 years. If you were older like say, 45... and you were dating a 57 year old I think that that is better! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:36 pm
For me, it's sorta depends...if one person is 25 and the other person is 31 then it's okay with me--odd, but okay. But if the person's 16 and the other person's 22, it seems insanely wrong....do the math, that's the SAME age gap.
I think my brain says this because if the younger half is a teenager, they won't be entirely sure what they're getting into, and may get hurt, but if they're older, they can take care of themselves and know how to handle things if they get a little too spicy.  

x_Silver_Starlight_x

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

xoCherie

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm
User Image
The name's Flavour Gasm
User ImageCurrently listening to: Whatever’s on my iPod <3

I'm 15 (16 in August) and dating a guy who's 20 (21 in May)
We've been together over a year
Technically a year and 4(? almost) months <3
Mum thinks he's 17 turning 18, his mum thinks I'm 17 turning 18
If they both knew our real ages we'd be separated and he's the only thing keeping me here atm
I'm serious. My life is so shitty. Mum makes me rely on him for money to buy food and clothes. Which is against the law until I'm atleast 16 .___.

I'm a party in your mouth bitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:00 am
I have a three year limit. it's as simple as that!  

Umi_Goddess

ExGon

5,025 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 am
Once I dated a 12 yr old but i was 13 so ya.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:26 pm
I think it depends on your age. Like if you'r 30 something it's ok to be with someone who's 40 something. But usually when you're a teenager it seems best to be with someon closer to your age I guess. Like a two or maybe even 3 year limet. Three is too much in my opinion

Illenial

midnightrhose

5,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:07 am
Age gaps are a tricky thing to navigate.
Like, I'm 21. But I refuse to have anything relationship-wise with anyone under 18. Can you say *****? Like, If you're 19 or 18 and interested in a 16 or 17 yo, that's ok.
Like, I have a friend who's 25 and his girlfriend is 16. Like, they get along really well, and they make each other happy, but the age gap thing creeps me out, hardcore.
Personally, I like older guys. xD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:38 am
When I was 17, I dated a 32-year-old. It was a little awkward, but I ended up breaking up with him because he was just a little too weird for me. He was just a little too obsessed, and while I considered it more of a fling, he was always talking about getting married and having kids, which I just wasn't ready to focus on just yet.  

bridgetthewench

Anoha Vestala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:13 pm
This reminds me of some massive emotional mayhem that went through my family. I still shudder every time I think about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:44 pm
I personally think people should date people who are either one year older, the same age, or one year younger. But in a world like today that's very uncommon so if you have to date someone outside of my range i would say your maximum difference should be 5 years.  

Breaking The Skyline

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces