Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Characterization most butchered Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:45 am
Of course I'm right rofl ......yes.....

Alot of people have been saying that Cate Blanchett wasn't beautiful enough to play as Galadriel. However I think she's a great actress and played the role really well, at least she was more elf like than Orlando.... Neways lets not get into that shall we? If you really wanted her more beautiful they could have always changed it digitally, although then she would loss her 'realness' to her...if you get what I mean.

btw is there an actor butchering anywhere cos there are a couple I'd like to butch....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:55 am
I do believe she did a wonderful job as well lol. And go ahead and butcher whoever you want... I don't think it matters.  

churrlo

Londo Mollari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:44 am
It's never stated that Galadriel was the most beautiful of the elves, and Eomer even goes so far as to say that he thinks Arwen is more beautiful. Galadriel is supposed to have radiant hair (which I thought she did) and be the most powerful Elf left in Middle Earth (which she did seem to be). On the other hand, Arwen is said to be the likeness of Luthien more than once. So, I don't think any contests of beauty between Liv Tyler and Cate Blanchett can settle any characterization disputes.

I agree that Faramir lost a lot, as did Denethor, but I never thought Denethor was portrayed as evil, simply more crazy than he was in the book.

The thing I missed most in the characterizations of the movie was the change that you get to see in all the Hobbits in The Scouring of the Shire, which was left out of the movie. Seeing them rouse the Shire to fight off the invaders is, I think, what really culminates their journey.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:39 pm
I agree sad I wanted to see the Scouring of the Shire sad  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:41 am
Yeah I agree with Adib, I don't understand why so many people dissed the movie. Peter Jackson did a really good job doing a trilogy movies consecatively three in a row from the books. Everything he does new or misses out he was able to justify, the movies deserved every award they received.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 pm
So we basically all agree ^_^  

churrlo

Soloikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 pm
Treebeard. They emasculated Treebeard by giving him Goldberry's lines.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:23 pm
What now? O.o  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:53 am
Lol, just because she female, no need for sexist comments  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:22 pm
sweatdrop  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:22 am
O right....I'm sorry please don't be offended, come back and post more!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:59 pm
xd  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:24 am
crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:39 pm
I'm confused, I forgot what was going on here xd  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain