no....
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 pm
Crazy Cray
mallak_kahn
well... tomorro is the day i trade in my beloved gamecube. I have fallen to dark side and now own a wii. My gamecube was awsome. But.. I dont understand.... why was it such a flop?? there were some AMAZING games!!! LoZ Windwaker, Chibi robo, all those sorts of things... why oh why did it fail? It was actually more advanced that the XBox and PS3.... i have been hardcore gaming on my lil GC right up untill crimbo 08. it rocked.
I'm just gonna point this out...

Dude, didn't you know? The Gamecube was a God damned powerhouse!
I use it to power the secret lab in my basem--I mean...it's in a box in my closet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm
Well anyways, I still actually play my Gamecube. I have a Gamecube and Xbox in my room, and my Wii is downstairs. I play most of my Gamecube games on the system, despite the Wii being compatible.  

Dude-LAP

zuliajana

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 am
My neighbor has a gamecube, and even though we both have a Wii, we still grab all four of the Gamecube controllers and play Super Smash Bros. Melee.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 pm
zuliajana
My neighbor has a gamecube, and even though we both have a Wii, we still grab all four of the Gamecube controllers and play Super Smash Bros. Melee.

There you go wink

...And my favorite Super Smash Bros. is the Nintendo 64 one. I still play it occasionally.  

Dude-LAP

Awesomedeltaextreme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 pm
Allegro
It used an expensive, hard to work with alternative to what the PS2 and XBox were were, and had no online support.

If I remember right, Kirby Airride can go online, just with a broadband modem.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm
Awesomedeltaextreme
Allegro
It used an expensive, hard to work with alternative to what the PS2 and XBox were were, and had no online support.

If I remember right, Kirby Airride can go online, just with a broadband modem.
Through Project Warppipe, which is unofficial.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:04 pm
Angelic Darknya

As for the PS2, I can understand why it won, and I don't have any problem with that. I mean, it's pretty awesome. It's got tons of variety, not JUST of shitty games xD. The new model (which most people probably have now) is smaller/lighter than the Wii, so it's really portable. The old one was a monster, of course. And I have to admit, although I spent years hating on Sony for having features that didn't have to do with gaming and thus potentially selling more than they deserve for their game library, the DVD player feature is a pretty convenient extra. Now the PS3 selling systems solely for the whole Blu-Ray thing, THAT is retarded.

I concur. "OMG! HIGH-DEF BLUE RAY!! LOL!!"

I don't even care about the whole high def thing. And those small PS2s were SO easy to break! All you need is a seven-year-old with anger management issues.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 pm
GrowingDandelion

I don't even care about the whole high def thing. And those small PS2s were SO easy to break! All you need is a seven-year-old with anger management issues.

The main reason why I bought a normal PS2 was because I heard that the slim one didn't have some kind of internet or ethernet adapter or something. Not that I've ever used it, but it's always nice to have the option. Which reminds me: I heard that PS3s nowadays are no longer able to play PS1 or 2 games. How ******** retarded is that? Man, Sony is really killing off all of the good stuff that went with the Playstation name. I would like someone to explain to me why it's such a good idea to not be backward compatible with a company's previous consoles when the Wii is backward compatible with the gamecube and the XBox360 is backward compatible with the original XBox. Does Sony know how pissed Nintendo fans would be if the Wii couldn't play gamecube games/Microsoft fans would be if the 360 couldn't play XBox games? I don't want to know.
If you agree with what I said, please quote.  

wariodude128

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:09 pm
wariodude128
GrowingDandelion

The main reason why I bought a normal PS2 was because I heard that the slim one didn't have some kind of internet or ethernet adapter or something. Not that I've ever used it, but it's always nice to have the option. Which reminds me: I heard that PS3s nowadays are no longer able to play PS1 or 2 games. How ******** retarded is that? Man, Sony is really killing off all of the good stuff that went with the Playstation name. I would like someone to explain to me why it's such a good idea to not be backward compatible with a company's previous consoles when the Wii is backward compatible with the gamecube and the XBox360 is backward compatible with the original XBox. Does Sony know how pissed Nintendo fans would be if the Wii couldn't play gamecube games/Microsoft fans would be if the 360 couldn't play XBox games? I don't want to know.

I agree fully. Backwards compatibility is always a plus, all around.

Let's say I took a boot to the head and bought a PS3. Now seeing as I have a playstation system, with knowledge prior to knowing about it, let's say I wanted to play a game I've always wanted to (and actually still want to) try out; Battle Arena Toshinden.

Then I find out it wont play, because BAT is a PS1 game and the PS3 has no backwards compatibility! PWNED.

Now my only solitary complaint about the DS is that it doesn't play GB/GBC games, but hey, it plays GBA games, and that's still cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:24 pm
TtheHero
wariodude128
GrowingDandelion

Let's say I took a boot to the head and bought a PS3. Now seeing as I have a playstation system, with knowledge prior to knowing about it, let's say I wanted to play a game I've always wanted to (and actually still want to) try out; Battle Arena Toshinden.

Then I find out it wont play, because BAT is a PS1 game and the PS3 has no backwards compatibility! PWNED.

Now my only solitary complaint about the DS is that it doesn't play GB/GBC games, but hey, it plays GBA games, and that's still cool.

I once again concur. Seriously, who was the idiot who decided to leave that out? It was probably interferring with the Blu-ray thing.

Idiot in Charge: "OH, GOD! OH, GOD! IT'S EITHER GONNA BE A BLU-RAY PLAYER OR ALL THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE OLD GAMES FROM THE PAST! I CAN'T DECIDE!!"

Some Random Guy: "It's called backwards compatability."

Idiot in Charge: "BACKWARDS?! WHO WANTS TO BE BACKWARDS?! THAT'S SO LAME!!"

And there you go.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 pm
GrowingDandelion
TtheHero
wariodude128
GrowingDandelion

I once again concur. Seriously, who was the idiot who decided to leave that out? It was probably interferring with the Blu-ray thing.

Idiot in Charge: "OH, GOD! OH, GOD! IT'S EITHER GONNA BE A BLU-RAY PLAYER OR ALL THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE OLD GAMES FROM THE PAST! I CAN'T DECIDE!!"

And there you go.

Well the PS3 initially had backwards compatibility so it probably has something to do with manufacturing costs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 pm
That's exactly what it was about.

Earlier model PS3's actually had partial PS2 hardware inside them. The first models had the PS2 CPU and GPU on the motherboard along with the PS3 components, after about 6 months they replaced this with a single smaller chip that contained both CPU and GPU, reducing costs and part count. However, it wasn't cheap enough just yet! So they put all remaining funds in their software emulation department and left out the PS2 hardware completely. This reduced production cost by about $40, I think it was calculated, but so far the software emulation department hasn't done squat!  

Bodewyn

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 pm
Waynebrizzle
GrowingDandelion
TtheHero
wariodude128
GrowingDandelion

And there you go.

Well the PS3 initially had backwards compatibility so it probably has something to do with manufacturing costs.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that, with the resession and the cost of the system and everything like that. . . .

I feel stupid. *facepalm*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:24 am
I loved the Gamecube. I got mine at christmas, and it made my day. I think people got bored with it, like all things, except cookies. Cookies stay popular forever.
Most of my favorite games were on the gamecube. Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., and Wind Maker.  

MsTweet

Bashful Genius

10,325 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100

Xx_DemonFowl_xX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm
Ah, the gamecube days. I remeber just sitting there on boring afternoons just playing windwake, paper mario 2, and such. But then i got the wii, and thats online soo...im up later now razz  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff