Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
New Features for Guilds - Sneak Peak! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:02 pm
My thanks Wesden.

Aereliya - I will admit, that the friends I have met and the guilds are the only reasons I am here.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 am
PL - it's all good. I just wanted to say something about that.

I am glad to be getting feedback, especially on delays. The more you talk to us about it, the less we have to speculate on how much you don't love us. xd

btw... The code being that old and giving you that much trouble is the perfect reason to at least update it to the current code for the forums. That's also something we've been asking for. xd Never could figure out why the guilds never got that new coding when the forums did...  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am
HI all,
its another update. So we decided to fix some guilds bugs that have been around awhile and push them out at the same time as the new guilds search/tags. That means things are being pushed out another week.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it is making for a better experience overall.

I'll let you know as we get more info about launch. Hang in there. Its just as hard for me to see us so close!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 pm
As long as they come out @.@ I hope this is all really worth it sad Thanks for working so hard on this stuff anyways.  

churrlo

Silent elf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:38 pm
When is this going to happen ..again ?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 am
I don't mind seeing cosmetic changes. But I need to state that I only have a start-up guild, I have a grand total of 6 members. When you have so few tenants, you tend to want a few more. But I completely understand the need to make it easier to manage the minions, before acquiring more of them. There are three sides to most equations. pessimism, optimism. and the truth.

One of the little coding changes I personally hope for is regarding posting too soon. In forums, yes you can't post right away, but the message telling you so shows up right above the "post a reply" settings. In a guild, you are sent to a separate page, and have to hit back before posting again. Between the two, I definitely prefer the forum's method.

Regarding the changes. I'm a chronological newb, but I've already learned how to master some of the more intricate workings of Gaia (ie I'm already pretty darn good at making money in marketplace). And it's actually more depressing to me to hear about how "horrible Gaia staff are". Hearing all that kind of feedback is actually causing me to lose interest in Gaia. Those of you being downright critical are going to scare away some of the newer members of Gaia.

I was quite satisfied with the way everything worked until I found all these threads everywhere slamming the staff. Now I find myself adamantly wishing for changes that didn't even cross my mind back when I started my little guild. And I find my self low on patience regarding coming changes, just because everyone else seems to be.

You folks should be happy they're even willing to let us know of possible changes, with you blasting every statement with a big, fat, YEAH RIGHT! If I were in their position, I'd of kept it completely under wraps, and sprung it on all of you when it was announced to the rest of the community. Then everyone would be disappointed with rotten changes they didn't want, but you'd be pacified that there were changes.

I'll ask this...
Would you rather complain about a project being delayed, or about the end result of said project?
Would you rather there be a delayed (albeit, crazy delayed) release of stuff you gave feedback on, or a release 2 years ago of a bunch of crap that you'd just complain about anyways?  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm
I can't compete with that at all, so I won't even try. Good luck to those that do.

Anyway, I feel sadness over the loss of the purple buttons all over Gaia. Black&white is not anime-ish. Mangas, yes, but mostly because they'd have to have someone else color them. Animes are about color, just look at the hair.

emo  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 am
Quote:
Would you rather complain about a project being delayed, or about the end result of said project?

Complaining about the projects delay is pointless at least complaining about the end result has a chance of getting it changed ...

Quote:
Would you rather there be a delayed (albeit, crazy delayed) release of stuff you gave feedback on, or a release 2 years ago of a bunch of crap that you'd just complain about anyways?

That's the same question reworded ...

Wolffan -
You have to remember that some of us have used and moderated guilds since their antithesis, we have been told updates are 'coming' for just as long.

And I've never said the staff are horrible ... never. I've bumped heads with them a couple of times but I don't mud sling like that ...

Quote:
You folks should be happy they're even willing to let us know of possible changes, with you blasting every statement with a big, fat, YEAH RIGHT! If I were in their position, I'd of kept it completely under wraps, and sprung it on all of you when it was announced to the rest of the community. Then everyone would be disappointed with rotten changes they didn't want, but you'd be pacified that there were changes.

Why should we? Why should we be happy with what is essentially nothing? Actions, Wolffan, speak louder then words and we have seen no action. I understand that you as a newer member have yet to form opinions on certain aspects of guild maintenance but I repeat, some of us have been using them since they have been released and seen nowt.

I would rather be grudgingly glad of something physical then lamenting on nothing.

Sorry if any of that sounded harsh but ... a lot of us have seen Gaia through some very ... rough patches (Sushi database anyone? XD) and we want the site to excel; it's only through criticism and over coming criticism that things succeed.

To sound like an after school special - we're hard on Gaia because we care about it, we want to see it flourish.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Colinflower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm
Amen to the post above. The improvements were a huge step from what I have seen. The fixed bug list was a very very big eye-opener in some respects because I'm happy to see the roots were fixed for the most part. To close that many bugs is pretty impressive but it was about time. Kudos to wesden.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:32 pm
so you guys have hopefully seen the launch and announcement and new guild pages. We are working through the glitches, so bear with us smile

long live guilds! more to come....  

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 pm
I like the tags hehe. I already messed around with some of the settings ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:15 pm
Yes wesden_girl, I believe the approach you made was a correct one. The tags are something that will make the search engine much more interest-based. I am becoming more faithful in the guilds. However, I am faithful that you will keep your word since you have backed what you said with action. I hope this isn't the start/end of it. Keep up the good work with your team. I love the new guild shield, btw.  

Colinflower

ZRaashaq_gro-Kral

Ice-Cold Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 am
I just came back and saw the updates to the guild system, and I'm very glad. I'm content with how easy some things are now, but when will we get the broadcast feature I saw mentioned in the Guild settings?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:50 am
Updates have been talked about vaguely and easily for so long -- this time is so different. whee heart I really love the first changes, I can't wait to see what else is in the pipeline, and I think the developers in this update have just done an awesome job communicating with us. Thanks so much crying  

WindowOpener

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces