Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Onslaught the Wii's First Online Co-op FPS. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So what do you think?
  Needs more Bomberman.
  Needs a crazy guy to bomb it.
  Looks good.
  HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!
  ^ What a f**.
View Results

Syn of Sin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:44 am

When will this beautiful piece come to us? gonk heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:43 am
No ruined cityscape, no "gritty" textures, no sniper rifle fire fights. Just good old fashioned cave corridors, green lighting, and shooting wave upon wave of inferior foes. It is like we are going back to the N64 days.  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:13 am
Owwin
No ruined cityscape, no "gritty" textures, no sniper rifle fire fights. Just good old fashioned cave corridors, green lighting, and shooting wave upon wave of inferior foes. It is like we are going back to the N64 days.

It's funny how people are complaining that this looks like an N64 game.

The same people who turn around and say Goldeneye is the greatest FPS ever made.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am
Waynebrizzle
Owwin

It's funny how people are complaining that this looks like an N64 game.

The same people who turn around and say Goldeneye is the greatest FPS ever made.
Yeah screw them. N64 was awesome and they need to take a hint.

Also Perfect Dark kicks Goldeneye in the mouth.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm
I would have s**t if I saw these graphics on an N64.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:45 pm
Meta_Fish
It isn't as much graphics as it is visual style. Even the HUD is reminiscent of an older game. It fells very retro. I love it.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:55 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
It isn't as much graphics as it is visual style. Even the HUD is reminiscent of an older game. It fells very retro. I love it.
I'm not saying the graphics are anything Earth-shattering, but they're worthy of more than being called N64 graphics. I agree though, that it does feel like an older game. It doesn't take itself seriously, and I'm sure at one point the designers said "Wow this is a ******** cheesy-a** premise."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:05 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm not saying the graphics are anything Earth-shattering, but they're worthy of more than being called N64 graphics. I agree though, that it does feel like an older game. It doesn't take itself seriously, and I'm sure at one point the designers said "Wow this is a ******** cheesy-a** premise."
I find that offensive to the 64. It's graphics were okay. Also the premise is cheesy, but that is part of the retro feel. So long as it is fun you can make a game with a flimsy pretext story. I mean it is just WiiWare.  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm sure at one point the designers said "Wow this is a ******** cheesy-a** premise."

Did you consider that before or after the one liners?

Really though, this could pass for an early PS2 or Dreamcast game.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 pm
Owwin
I find that offensive to the 64. It's graphics were okay. Also the premise is cheesy, but that is part of the retro feel. So long as it is fun you can make a game with a flimsy pretext story. I mean it is just WiiWare.
The graphics were okay, but this is definitely better. I'm not dissing the N64 either. And it being Wiiware gives it a great excuse to not have a good storyline. People can forgive game for their shortcomings on WiiWare which is pretty cool in my eyes. I don't mind if a game looks like it's a few years older, as long as its cheap, easy to get and fun.

Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
I'm sure at one point the designers said "Wow this is a ******** cheesy-a** premise."

Did you consider that before or after the one liners?

Really though, this could pass for an early PS2 or Dreamcast game.
Before. XD That's why you're still a kid.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm
http://www.wiiware-world.com/reviews/2009/02/onslaught

9/10. I was going to get it despite reviews but this is good reassurance.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 pm
Quote:
The game really excels online and co-op is pretty much flawless. There is not lag to be found and the matchmaking is fast and without issues. Hudson has even provided online leader boards on their website which should keep score freaks happy.
HELL YEAH!  

Owwin

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm
Definitely looks like it'll be one of the best Wiiware titles so far. It's not even released here, and it's already got my money. I wanna whip some cyborg aliens so bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 am
It didn't come out today. ;_;  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 pm
Expect me to put up my own review tomorrow.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff