The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:46 am
Galatea stopped the second Bastion did, and turned with exceptional precision to stare at him intently until he was finished speaking. Then she studied him for a moment before closing her eyes and letting her shoulders relaxed, as if composing herself. However, when she opened her eyes once more a stream of data was once more visibly flowing across her blue orbs. "According to filing record data, the earliest data recovery of your information began at the moment of your capture by the Vatican government by an inside field agent. However, ten years before the start of World War 1 the attention of the United Global Forces was shifted to the upcoming war and although continuing records were noted they were not precedent until the nineteens-eighties when Dr. Evelin Thantos, head of scientific development re-activated the super-natural and magical branch of the United Global Forces. Through careful study of your files Dr. Evelin used the vast resources of the United Global Forces to not only track you down, but to also acquire as much data as possible. However, you were not the only subject of this search. According to my data all of your brothers as well as those connected to you were heavily researched as well. However, due to the United Global Forces stance at the time no action was taken to apprehend or terminate you or anyone else under file." Then Galatea straightened and shifted her head to the side, her expression becoming somewhat quizzical or strained.

"As for your selection in project 'Collective' you were not even a candidate until your association with Lilane Rhyvs...mostly due to your previous mental instability. However, after receiving this new data head-quarters has decided to clear you for the project. There are several others listed under possible candidates for project collective and several who have already been cleared but not de-briefed. Of those who have been cleared and de-briefed so far there are...nine in total. The most recent being Fredrick Basilica as of...today."

Lilane's head instantly perked up and her expression went to one of intense thought and mixed confusion. "My brother? But I thought-?"

"After your departure Panderas Thantos escaped and your brother engaged Julian Newfame in battle. Before damage could be done Julian moved Fredrick Basilica to head-quarters where the situation was explained and he was de-briefed and cleared for the project. Currently my data states he is being examined by one of our super-natural and magical experts, though I am afraid you do not have the proper clearance for me to tell you who." Galatea stated, interrupting Lilane's question before things could get too complicated. "Now...as for your clearance into project collective. I am currently leading you back to head-quarters where you will be de-briefed on the United Global Forces to the limit of your security clearance. Then it will be my duty to pass you on to my commander who will explain to you the details of project 'Collective'." Then the data stream stopped and Galatea turned back to Bastion with clear if somewhat rebellious eyes. "Was my answer clear enough or do you require more information?" She asked him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:14 am
Before he could sneer much less respond he'd feel his lungs tighten and soon his breathing would cease, as would all time around him. He knew what it was, thus his stomach would knot up once more and sweat would try exceedingly hard to pour from him. And soon enough, he heard the cursed snicker.

"If you're here then it's obvious that this place is of some interest. Still...what are you doing, little Hiro - "

"Don't call me that..."

"Is that not the name the Vatican assigned you; is that not the name you worked under as a slave to God? What are you doing now, little brother? It wasn't so long ago I saw you free for the first time and now you're walking right back into something that will just use you."

"How do you know? I know you don't even know what it is!"

"You're correct...and I personally don't care, though I'm none to happy to hear Freddy's name mentioned. You know that means I'll be following you - "

"You're a parasite. I haven't said yes or no to anything, but I'm not gonna sit here and be a pawn to you!"

"How cute...you think you have a choice. You don't know where to go in this world, do you? All you can think about is where to go now, and the only thing that feels right is a church. Are you looking to your little whore -"

"Hardly a whore; jealous she was able to keep her cool while your little b***h got all ******** up in the head?"

"You've almost learned to form a comeback! How cute. This is becoming pointless, though, isn't it? I'll end our conversation here...go little brother. Have fun becoming the tool to a whole new organization!"
With that, he'd allow Bastion to slip back into the normal world and pat him on the back. "Just keep telling yourself they're not enslaving you; just keep telling yourself you're doing this of your own free will." He'd look about the little group and shake his head before...simply walking away, hands in his pockets back towards the bar.

"...No, it wasn't clear enough. I'm being lead somewhere I have no idea about to do something I've yet to be told about and...Christ, is this how the world runs? Keep all the secrets possible until you run like rats into your holes then share your gossip and plans?" He'd shake his head and reluctantly look over his shoulder to his brother who was nearly out of sight before looking back to Galatea. "For all I know this is all a load of s**t and I'm being lead into some trap..."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Kain would only have wandered so far before being pulled, quite literally, into a dream. Before him would be a twisted fair-tale like world which only Lewis Carroll could imagine. There was an odd and twisted table set as if for a tea party, and beside it a chess-board with a game already half-finished upon it. Surrounding him would be a garden filled with flowers both beautiful and slightly grim, an old blackened tree twisting over Kain and the flowerbed as if to provide shelter from the sun, though they sky was filled with nothing but stars and a crescent moon. In the distance, passed an orchard of first silver, and then gold, then crystal trees, was a dark tower which twisted up into the sky as if the tower had been a tree which had twisted round in growing. And then from behind Kain would come a voice, both ancient and young. "You know...even the strongest people who guard their minds as cautiously as a heavily armed bank-vault can never protect their unconscious mind. It's what makes slipping into their dreams so easy for me."

And then, a woman dressed all in black and red would come from behind to stand beside Kain. She wore a long black skirt, slitted up to her upper thigh, a thin chain belt garland with upside-down crosses standing out against her upper waist. She wore black gloves, like those of a biker which were winged with the leathery appendages of a bat. And she wore a sleeveless, black coat, which was zipped up to show off her fine flat stomach and held a black hood which currently hid most of her face from sight. Around her neck was a black band a Crescent moon centered in the middle. And so that she came to stand a little above Kain's shoulder it was evident she wore a pair of wedge-heels, winged like the sandals of Hermes, though the wings were black and webbed like those of a demon.

Long red hair could be seen peeking out from underneath the black hood which covered her head, and as she spoke next she slowly lowered this to reveal a lovely face and long beautiful red-hair which curled and flowed over her shoulders like strands of flaming gold. From behind a thin black mask eyes as blue as the ocean, and just as calm could be seen, though there was humor behind them just as there was upon her lips. "No doubt by now Draega has already told you of my visit to her dreams and shown you the key I left her. She's a beautiful, intelligent, and remarkable young woman...she'll no doubt figure out the clues I left for her. Now...you on the other hand." And to this she gave Kain a side-ways sort of smirk. "You are a thorough-bred a** and you know it. Even your dreams reek of your power and attitude. And if Draega didn't love you so much I might have had to consider sending you into a coma. But there's hope for you yet."

And then the woman took a step forward, and shifted her hips to the right as she stood and placed her hands on her hips, looking up to the dark tower in the distance. Then, with a tilt of her head she'd look to the chess game and smile. "Still keeping score with Panderas and your brothers I see...one of these days you're going to have to learn to not hold a grudge." Then, turning back to smile slyly at Kain the woman reached out her hand, closed in a fist, before opening it to reveal another key, this time purely silver with a set of black onyx running along the body of a beautiful but dark praying mantis. "That's for you. And I'd suggest cutting your brother some slack...you're both headed toward the same place after all. Oh yeah...and one more thing..." And at this the woman's body bristled and her eyes shone as the world around them shifted once more to reveal a world that could only have come from Kain's nightmares. "Don't let me catch you talking to my great-grandchild like that again. Because believe me when I say this...I'll make YOUR nightmares come alive. Not mine, not anyone general nightmare....yours...specifically. "

And then the world shifted back and the woman smiled again, though it was a bit wry and held out the key once more. "But I'm willing to give you a chance seeing as you've made Draega so happy." Then she'd sigh and run a hand through her red hair and smile almost devilishly. "Listen to me...I almost sound like a worried mother again. Reminds me of how old I'm getting. "

Galatea turned toward Bastion, mostly ignoring Kain and found her face became one that mirrored annoyance. And her tone was a bit sharp as she spoke again. "I am not here to cater to your emotions...especially when they have been riled so illogically by your brother Kain M Sh'Zual. Our 'plans' are kept secret...especially here...as they've always been...for the benefit of our organization and our cause. Those who would wish to destroy us have long arms and an even longer hearing range. Words said lightly out in the open would spell our own ruin. So please give me a more logical reason as to why I should toss aside perfectly good protocol designed to protect my organization and you from our enemy just because your suspicions were raised due to an illogical obsession with your brother." Then Galatea sqaured her shoulders and held out a hand to indicate Alexis.

"IF it were a trap...which is illogical...it would not be a very good one. After all we COULD have ordered Alexis to try and either capture, kill, or chase you off the moment he arrived. However...since project 'Collective' is based simply on a vague goal orchestrated by our last commander ...not only does Alexis have the free will to deny our request...but does so...regularly...as he has the freedom to do so under his...very loose...contract. Julian P. Newfame agreed to a much more constrictive contract and so acts according to orders so long as he is both paid and is provided with the other terms and conditions he asked for. Either way IF this were a so called trap it would not turn out well for us considering the fact that we are literally asking an would-be enemy into our den. And...to be quite frank...at the moment we are not equipped to deal with the situation should you choose to destroy us. Now do PLEASE stop being so illogical...I find it most...delaying. Or do not come at all if you are so convinced it is a trap...either way I do not have the time to sit here and argue the pros and cons with you." Galatea stated firmly, turning on her heel and continuing with her brisk pace whether Bastion followed or not.

Lilane hesitated at Bastion's side, seeming a bit flustered, both by Galatea's obvious irritation as well as Kain's arrival. Either way she turned her eyes to Bastion and simply waited for him to decide.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 pm
He'd look about his new surroundings and arch a brow while mentally deciding to never act like an idiot mortal and just "walk away" from a situation again as someone will indeed pull you indeed Wonderland. Which made him twitch. Upon seeing the woman he'd stare blankly and wait for the explanation he deserved, his hands still in his pockets. "Can't guard something I don't have...tapping into a mortal flaw isn't something to be proud of. I haven't dreamt in centuries, so I'm not sure what the hell to expect."

"Thorough-bred a**...now that's a new one; I like it! Thanks granny! But hey, send me into a coma. You wouldn't be the first to try it. But hey, kudos on finding a loophole into my head but I swear to God...I don't give a s**t who you are if I end up running into a pole or something if I'm still walking mindlessly out in the real world." Of all the things wrong with the situation he found that particular scenario to be, by far, the most irritating.

"Hey, back off of me and my idiot brother. I've been fighting that idiot since Peter started his reign of terror! Nothing like fighting the little brother you had to abandon; no that didn't suck at ALL! Seeing the poor kid free gave me a feeling of relief like you couldn't believe. I was merely informing him of a worst-case scenario; do you think I'd want to see him end up as a tool once again!? I've been through way too much to not nuke the ******** world after that situation...but granny, we're brothers. We've been trying to kill one another for far too long...just letting it all go is tough, especially for him. His life was devoted to killing me; to taking my word to be the serpent's word. So BACK OFF."
Had it been a lecture on how he treated Ishado, he'd of no doubt just shrugged it off given he and Ishado were...different. When it came to his tortured youngest brother, though, he was far beyond merely protective. This would be evident given he'd actually allow sweat to bead from his form and his breath come to be heavy.

His nightmare...it was nothing. He didn't see anything, which in essence was both bliss and hell. Nothing meant eternal peace, while at the same time he'd not have his brothers and Draega to share it with. It was confusing more then anything else. "I don't give a damn about Panderas right now. In the end he'll receive his just desserts but granny, I've wasted enough time on the little ********. Draega's all right thanks to ME ya ungrateful b***h...and Bastion's off with Lilane. Dunno about Freddy, but I'm pretty sure that Draega's gonna want news of what I've heard and I'm positive Lilane will keep em' safe. The lil' s**t attached to Panderas' balls can piss off. Honestly, I'd love to see Reaper n' Alexis tear them both to shreds."

He'd sigh and wipe the sweat from himself, none to happy he'd gone and shown so much emotion. He'd take the key from her and look it over before shrugging and placing it in the same inner pocket of his coat he kept his flask. "Getting old? Granny, you are old. But hey, you don't show it if that makes you feel any better. Guess I was right when I figured the chick Draega saw was good ole' Granny...but I'll keep that between you n' me. If you wanted her to know, you'd of told her and while I loathe keeping secrets from her...I have to believe you have some plan."

He'd snicker a bit and remove his hand from his pocket once again, wondering in the back of his mind just how much of the world he could shatter in an all-out show of power. "Y'know, if you weren't her great grandmother and someone that's come to comfort her I'd annihilate you. But you know that...or your ignorant to what I can do. Every time someone pulls me into their world thinking they've got control I always see to shatter them along with their world...but there's no need to debate whether I could here or not. I just don't care. Just piss off when it comes to me n' my brother...anything I need to tell or keep from Draega?"

"Hey, talking trash can: Know what kicks a** about being human? The ABILITY to be illogical and question things on even the most retarded detail! Being what I WAS I was just like you, and it SUCKED. Now here I am without all the logic I used to have; questioning everything around me...and holy hell, it feels like I'm really LIVING as opposed to running on a program! But then again, who could blame you? Humanity's just a program to you that you try to validate by saying your programming ALLOWS you to do more then your basic talking hunk of metal."
He'd take a deep breath, then exhale slowly. Damn that felt good. He'd even smile and begin to laugh. He hadn't felt so good since he was eight years old.

"Now then...You've rambled off enough to have my trust for the moment, though a machine can only say what it's programmed to say. For all I know you're still full of crap, but I couldn't care less at the moment...either lead the way or be out of mine." He'd look to Lilane with a bit of a fire in his eyes, the combination of Kain's harsh but true words and the hatred he had for his old self, something he saw so much of in Galatea causing his blood to boil. "I'm trusting you on this...I'm just following you, Lilane."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:07 am
The woman was taken back for a moment before she burst out laughing, covering her mouth abit before taking a seat in mid-air and rocking forward in her odd fit of giggles before she looked up at Kain again with a playful sort of smirk. " Granny huh? And I'm sure you must be a spring chicken yourself. " she shot back with a smile, "Even as old as I am I'm sure you've got thousands on me. After all I hit my prime in the eighties. And I get it I'll stray off the topic of your precious brother. " With that she leaned back and crossed her legs, looking absolutely pleased with Kain's reaction. "You can call me Grimm. And just to even the playing field you should probably know that I was referring to my son's grand-kid Lilane. Though Lilane's grandmother WAS Draega's grandfather's sister....so I guess that makes us related...albeit distantly and I don't care to think about what I would be called. But I was good friends with Draega's great-grandfather...and I DID promise him that I'd watch over his family. " With that Grimm slid a hand through her bright red hair and leaned forward to stare intently at Kain.

"And yeah I have a plan...not much of one though. I'm more of a doer than a manipulator. I leave those sort of things to my son-in-law. He's used to bossing people around and going about the whole 'secret-agent' route. I've always preferred the direct approach. Part of the reason why I'm here now. " She smiled absently and reached into coat pulling forth what looked like a map, though when she flicked it out and let it go it held itself aloft in the air and glowed showing a black dot with the name 'Kain' written underneath and a blue dot with the name 'Grimm' under it close together on what looked like a tiny revolving planet in the middle of a rather large solar-system.

"You can feel free to try to break out of here. I have no doubts that you have the power to shock yourself awake. Especially since I'm not really trying to hold you here. Didn't come to lecture or argue...I just wanted to talk to the man who could help shape the destinies of my own great-grandkids. That. And I've always had this thing about men and power. I'm weak I'll admit it." At this she laughed a bit then pointed to the map. "Anyway...I didn't create the place we are now...well...not half of it anyway. See currently your conscious mind and MY conscious mind are wandering somewhere in the collective unconscious. It's the place where all unconscious minds meet, and meld. Because even when you think you're NOT dreaming. You are. And it's not just humans that dream. Demons, elves, horses, trees...you name it and I can find you a way to stare into that creatures mind like nobody else could. There's just one problem. " And at this Grimm held up her hands and shook her head as if it were simply ridiculous before laughing again and taking a look around her. "It takes an expert to be able to interpret what you'll find. "

Then Grimm stepped down from the air and walked over to Kain, standing before him with a smile before gesturing to the world around them. "Take this place for an example. I can interpret it fairly easily because it's a melding of MY unconscious mind and YOURS. And though there are things we don't, can't, or WON'T admit to consciously our unconscious mind lays them out flat and clear. The chessboard relates to your interactions with Panderas. Because whether or not you admit it....or actually believe it...somewhere in your mind you see him as a rival and you ARE keeping score. Probably not actively however. Now the tea set and the tower...THOSE are all me. The tower represents the course my life has taken, it's twisting sort of telling the hard parts of my life. The tea-set is there becuase unlike most people I have the ability to manipulate my own dream-scape to a point. And I like having guests here. Sometimes refreshments are necessary. " And then Grimm grinned and turned toward the table to take a seat at the head-most seat. "And you have nothing to worry about. Right now you're totally incapacitated. Sort of staring into space on the street. And all of this is taking place in a matter of milliseconds. You'll wake up and it'll be like you were daydreaming for a couple minutes...standing still. Though that idea of you walking into a pole is rather entertaining." She laughed a bit and waved a hand over to him, as if asking him to join her.

"Like I said before. I appreciate what you've done for Draega." Grimm stated, taking a seat and turning to pour a cup of tea, though as it came out it looked and smelled more like hot-chocolate than any actual tea one could conceive. "I just didn't appreciate you calling Lilane a 'whore'. But I'm sure you'd be just as irritated if someone called YOUR child a whore. True she's not really my daughter but I like looking after the family, as extended as it's become. I might not feel as strong a connection to Panderas as I do to Draega...but I recognize the relationship and deal with it as best I can. Panderas by the way can go to hell for all I care. Damn b*****d went and hurt my grand kids AND robbed my precious god-child of her lovely abilities. Not to say that she isn't just as wonderful a woman without them...but oh." And at this Grimm stared dreamily up over the teacup as she poured another cup full of the sweet-smelling drink inside. "She was so amazing when she had them." Then she turned to Kain and held up a cup of the hot-chocolate. "Come on. Come sit. I've got two other guests coming for this little conference and I won't have this be something of the 'awkward community'. Don't worry this is a mental realm anything you eat or drink here will taste like you want and do exactly whatever you want. So have as much as you want...or as little. It's taken AGES for you to get close enough for me to contact you directly and I'm not going to waste it. Especially not since I promised a good friend of mine that I'd let her know the very INSTANT I could set this whole thing up. "

And with that Grimm took a sip of the drink herself before turning to lift the cover off of a silver platter, revealing a tray of finger-sandwiches and cookies, taking a sandwich for herself and placing a pair of cookies on Kain's own plate. "My friend by the way is called Neross. Currently she's presiding off the planet somewhere. She travels a lot so I'm never sure where she is at one point in time. But I have no doubt she'll be here shortly. You'll like her. You've got a great deal in common. For instance I think she's a great large a** as well." And with that she smirked over her cup and sipped again.

Lilane smiled at Bastion a bit but turned to follow after Galatea anyway. "I guess I'll just have to not let you down then eh? Well...if we get into any trouble I'm sure we'll find SOME way out of it between the two of us. Besides..." And at this Lilane's smile fell and she grew serious and almost melancholy. "I want to know if my brother's alright. It's okay if you don't understand but...my brother...he means a lot to me. And I want to know what's happened to him." And then she turned to follow after the retreating android.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:52 pm
"I'm just ever so pleased the idea of me making a grand idiot of myself is just so entertaining, Granny." He'd huff a bit and fold his arms before listening to her...he didn't mind her for the most part; she'd yet to do anything wrong and hell, she was providing him with answers. Be it as it may she answered more of what he didn't ask, they were answers nonetheless. Her attitude wasn't anything revolting or offensive either, quite the opposite really. Thus, in the end, he'd draw in a deep, pointless breath and exhale as usual before looking to the seat.

Eventually he'd make his way into the seat, taking the cup from Grimm directly thereafter. He'd stare at it for a moment, though the moment she mentioned he could change it his violet hues would quickly dart up in her direction. He'd finally smile and watch as the liquid would take on a red hue. He'd sip at it and chuckle, making a bit of a side note.
"It's even better with chocolate...I'm amazed I've never thought of it before!" He'd snicker a bit and take a real sip while trying to think things over.

"I'll apologize to you and even Lilane for comparing her to a common fluzzy, though I'll not apologize for actually DOING it as I needed to rattle my little brother's bones and low and behold, she's the perfect tool!" He'd take another sip, then shrug. "But it seems you're fully aware that being nice isn't really a priority for me. Draega gives a damn about Lilane, though, thus it's not like I'll hurt her or anything. It's your own fault for listening in on a conversation you weren't meant for."

"Concerning Panderas: He's smart and he creates interesting little goons, but he's not a priority as I've stated. Should we play chess then sure, I'd consider him a nemesis, but should we fight man to man then I'd hardly find him worthy of nemesis material. I do need to hurt him for what he did, but in all honesty that's not my place...it's Draegas. No, I have a nemesis and I don't like him one bit."
He'd place his elbows on the table, his fingers lacing together as he'd think for a moment. "I do wonder, though, if you hold something against me for turning Draega into the most simplistic of mortals...oh well."

As she'd explain the new individual he'd come to meet, he'd ramble on a million thoughts in his own mind, mainly dealing with other worlds and the fact he was still so secluded to this one...and even remember what he'd done inside the world, causing his eyes to light up with far more red then blue, throwing off the mix of his irises. "I find that I hate those I have anything in common with...their ego tends to bother me as I feel I'm the only one worthy of an ego, or they'll say something stupid...it just never works. Reaper and I are a perfect example."

"Nah, I can understand wanting to know if someone you love is all right. I have two brothers of my own...the eldest you've met. Hell, I think you've even met the other during that whole fiasco...but I know what you're feeling." He'd shrug his shoulders and place his hands in his pockets, his anger and anxiety quickly fading as he spoke with her. "Worse comes to worst then I suppose we're a little less ignorant to whatever the hell's going on in this world n' we can rescue your brother. Or it'll be all well and good; hell if I know."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Grimm smiled as he continued to use her nickname, and even more when he changed his drink. Though her smile would stay a bit secretive and a bit sly as she sipped her own concoction and mulled over their conversation. "We might be passing the buck all night if we start on with the whole 'manners' thing. But I suppose I could have been pointing my focus in another direction...although to be honest I wouldn't have been able to get into contact with you like this if I hadn't. So I think it's fair to say the point of whose at fault is pretty much mute. " She said, laughing a bit before pushing the plate of sandwiches and cookies toward him a bit, sort of a not-so subtle suggestion for him to try one.

"And I hold nothing against you. Draega needs the experience of being a completely normal girl for awhile...just to know her own inner power a little better I think. It's always good to have a bit of perspective anyway. I was more worried when you changed her into one of your own actually. I've never cared for that way to immortality...or immortality itself if you truly want to know. If my life had gone the way I really wanted I'd have been dead long before Earth ever went and bit the dust." She smiled at this idea for a moment before shrugging absently and reaching over for the creamer, which, when poured, came out exactly as one would expect it too....though Grimm's drink would suddenly become pure white instead of the dark hue it had been.

The red-head didn't take a moment to stir and simply sipped from her cup however and turned her attention to the distance, her expression one of thought, though there was little worry behind it. "Well then hopefully she's enough UN-like you that I don't have a full own riot on my hands. Though it wasn't so much her ego I was referring to as to her powers and their source. But I'm sure she'll explain a bit of that when she comes. In the meantime it looks as if my daughter's arrived..." And indeed the world around them shifted slightly gaining things here and there, the crescent moon becoming full, and the distant tower shuddered as from a lone shinning window a large and regal looking dragon burst forth and flew toward them. However, as it's feet touched earth the creature transformed into a lovely young woman whose hair was slightly darker than Grimm's and was clearly taller.

The woman wore the flowing robes of a mage, rich in blues and greens and seemed to hold herself with a sort of regal countenance though it might have only been the way the clothes framed her shoulders and collar-bone. Unlike Grimm, who wore a mask this woman showed Kain her true heart-shaped face and bright-blue eyes, a slight shade of silver to them where Grimm's where pure blue. The woman looked first to Kain, her gaze a bit leering, like a senator sizing up a political opponent before she smiled easily, though a bit more softly and openly then Grimm and easily took a seat next to her mother. "Sorry I took so long mom, I was putting Shyla to sleep. She's gotten so fussing now that she's teething." she said, though her voice sounded more fond than the the true irritation she must have meant.

Grimm smiled at her daughter and poured her a cup, and loaded her plate with treats as well before turning to Kain and smiling proudly. "Kain. This is my daughter Medelin. My guardian. She's a sorceress of sorts. Deals mostly with magical runes and summonings."

Medelin smiled gently over her cup before taking a sip and then set the glass down gently before cocking her head a bit and extending a slim and artistic looking hand. "A pleasure to meet you. We've both heard a lot about you. And mom's been watching you off and on. Course...she does that with anyone who has enough power to destroy an entire city...or more..." At this her tone became somewhat guarded, and her smile twitched toward the edge of being almost teasing before it was back to being simply a sweet smile. "I just hope this whole little meeting comes to something good. Though...knowing SHE'S coming too doesn't make that seem to likely." This time Medelin didn't bother to hide the roll of her eyes or the tone of distaste.

Her mother, Grimm, shot her a look before nudging her sandwich plate a bit closer and then taking a bite out of her own. She waited until she had swallowed however before retorting. "I hope you'll at least TRY to be civil when she gets here. She doesn't have it easy either you know. And considering she destroyed all life on her home planet I'd like to stay on her good side."

Medelin let out a sigh, and took a cookie, but did not seem too apologetic about having let slip her opinion.

Lilane smiled at Bastion's response and nudged his arm with hers in a friendly way, flashing a smile at him. "Could be worse. " she told him optimistically.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 am
He'd watch as she nudged the food items towards him with an arched brow, then place his right hand in his coat. For the moment it would remain there while his left would bring the drink to his lips, though he found himself messing with its contents once again as she began to speak with him. To him, humans has no power. They just had spirit and ignorance, which in the end came to create weapons of mass destruction and anything else they could kill themselves, and each other with.

"To be born merely to die is absolutely pointless. I couldn't care less what human experience one is to acquire in a mortal life - it's all wasted when you return to the pathetic soil that helps corrode you...at least that is the situation on this miserable, hostile planet." Again, his eyes were draining out the blue and slowly mixing into a dark crimson. Still, some cloudy areas could be seen. "Arguing immortality with an immortal is futile, though. Agree to disagree, yes?"

When he'd see the dragon he'd come to wonder what significance the damned beast had to these women...though the thought would slowly drown from his head as he was given an introduction. While mother and daughter more or less spoke, he'd remove a syringe from his coat with the right hand, a bright green liquid filling it nearly all the way. He'd place the needle to his temple and push, and even if it were a dream world he still needed to convince himself he was taking...necessary precautions. Thus his eyes would roll into the back of his head in pain while he'd slowly inject himself with the liquid. In a matter of moments the large syringe would empty and he'd rip the needle from his temple, causing his head to crash onto the table.

A couple of spasms later and he'd toss the syringe aside and slowly force himself off of the table, allowing himself to instead lean on his elbows. He'd look to the women with simple azure hues and a new peach complexion and laugh a bit.
"Medelin, is it? Pessimism and overall cynicism will only feed the miserable karma that already surrounds us given my...personality...and the reputation it brings. It takes two to make a confrontation, or in this case, mere get-together, miserable as one has to put on the show...and the other, in this case you, must react TO that show."

He'd let his eyes fall upon his cup again, the smell of the liquid beginning to put him on the road to throwing up. He'd change the liquid quickly to simple green tea and sip again, though he was still disgusted by the aftertaste still lingering in his mouth. "My personality will pose no threat to anything anymore, this I can assure you...at this time, I couldn't even make a threat of power. In other words: I'm calm, open, and in a good mood." He'd laugh a bit and run his fingers over his skin, not quite used to the look of being...alive. "And Granny Grimm, for the sake of Christ please do not try to fatten me!" He'd look to her with a warm smile and chuckle, then go back to waiting while sipping at his tea. "Shyla...beautiful name."

"Quite frankly any situation could somehow be worse." He'd let out a sigh and look to her, obviously drained. He hadn't been that emotional since he'd tried to kill Kain, another situation that robbed him of energy. He felt pathetic. "Let's just...get this over with. The sooner I...we...hear the trash can n' her people out, the sooner I can make demands involving apples and water." His pitiful attempt at humor.

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 pm
Grimm laughed heartily as Kain referred to her as 'Granny Grimm' and leaned back in her chair to smile over her tea, an arm reclining over the back. "Well that certainly takes a load off my mind. " And although she wanted to remind him that the world they were in wasn't truly 'real' and that he wouldn't really feel anything from eating she decided to let it pass. It was how most people reacted after all. It took years of training to be able to manipulate a dream in the way one wished. So Grimm merely took to relaxing herself and grinning happily. "I can't help wanting to see my guests eat...perhaps it's the 'wicked witch' in me I suppose." Grimm giggled at this and merely waved her hand in the air for a moment.

Medelin too grinned, though her own smile was more subdued than her mother's and when she relaxed into her chair she merely held her cup alight as she cupped her elbow with her free hand to stare at Kain who sat across from her. "Thank you." she said at last turning her eyes to her cup with a sort of tired appreciation. "You'll never know what I went through just to see that that child came into this world without trouble and interference...." At this her eyes slide toward her mother, who sipped her drink while feigning innocence. Medelin however mrely smiled again over her cup and leaned forward to smile at Kain in a more open and friendly way. "But she's such a beautiful child...and takes after her father so much. So I can't help but want to spoil her." As she said this Medelin stared into space with a sweet, loving, and motherly sort of affection and gently moved a hand instinctively to her waist before taking a sip of her drink once more and turning to Kain with a more serious look.

"I suppose mom has yet to actually tell you about our third guest? She does that...likes to think of it as dramatic. It's quite annoying really." At this Medelin wrinkled her nose but chuckled.

Her mother let out an irritated huff but simply rolled her eyes and went back to drinking her own sweet-smelling, pale drink, a playful smirk rolling off her lips.

Medelin ignored her mother and continued anyway, dropping a couple lumps of sugar into her drink and stirring gently with a refined hand. "Neross. That's her name anyway. The third one. I don't like to think about the occasions on which we've actually met because in someway they always involve some sort of death or drama. Though I don't believe it was always truly her fault. But trouble follows her like a dog at her heels. So...I'm always a bit nervous whenever I meet with her."

Grimm took a moment to lean forward again, her expression too having become more serious. "But that's mostly why she's so important to hear from. After all...she's dealt with sentient worlds before. Has to really, considering what she's shown me of Hell and that weapon of hers."

Lilane smiled a bit wider and laughed a bit. "There see. At least we have each other."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:41 pm
"...Weapon?" He'd feel a slight twitch, one that wasn't...right. "Important...to hear from?" Another twitch, though he could feel this one. His body was reacting to what he was hearing, and thus he'd remove another needle and quickly jam it into his arm, releasing more of the green liquid. Once he'd toss the second needle away, his wicked smile that had been growing as they spoke of this Neross began to fade. A few deep breaths later and he'd seem perfectly content drinking his green tea.

"In a sense, it this not all drama in itself; for me and my glory to have been spied upon...and pulled into this dream realm? Is it not rather dramatic that three women intend to speak to me or one another for some reason?" With a sip of his tea, he'd shrug lightly. "It sounds like the worst she could do...is act upon the situation. I doubt anyone needs to fret over Death and again, should this Neross create hostile drama, it will only live so long as we ALLOW it to affect us. I'm glad to hear you don't blame her for the trouble that follows her. True be it that if she's anything like me she asks for it, but at the same time what we do benefits others..." He would have said more, but he thought it best to save further opinions until he'd actually met the girl.

"Your whole bloodline is just so loving...from Granny Grimm all the way to splits and cracks in the tree leading to Draega and everyone in between, such as yourself and Lilane. It's very good to see a family coming together as opposed to trying to kill one another."

"Yeah, that's true I suppose, though I have no idea why you're helping me much less why you lead me here in the first place."
He'd stop for a moment and think, his eyes aimed directly at the ground. "Lilane, you didn't know that the trashcan was going to pull this s**t, did you?"

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:31 pm
Grimm smiled behind her cup and sent her daughter a smug look before finishing it's contents and moving to pour more. "See. At least somebody gets it." she said and then, quite suddenly Grimm stopped and set the kettle down. Her expression turned serious, and then slowly fell into a smile as she stood and crossed her arms over her chest. "Well...now that's a surprise..." she said after a moment, as the world around them shifted once more. "Looks like she didn't come alone this time." Grimm commented as a plain opened up behind them, a portion of it could only be described as death should death itself be a place. The land was scarred and red and the bones of creatures much too large or twisted to be human lay in a harsh wind which seemed to quickly turn them into dust. The forms of what could only be described as petrified trees lay scarred amongst the bones, like dark curving monuments to whatever battle had been waged there.

And the other portion, which curled into this death, was like breathing in life itself. There was a lush field of long flowing grass and streams that trickled with a light sound, there were buildings, though they seemed empty, that were made of a white marble which almost seemed to sink into the greenery around them, or else be taken over. And large moths, like lunar moths, flew about the scene as lazily as if drifting on the gentle wind itself. I many ways it was like a comparison photo of heaven and hell and from out of this, where the divide severed these two lands, strode a woman whose hair was red as blood and whose eyes were as black as the abyss.

She was dressed in a flowing robe of black and rich red, and though the dress was beautiful and somewhat reserved it's flowing sleeves parted to show her arms, covered in some foreign tongue in black ink. The neck line hung just above the peek of her breasts to show her heart and neck where powerful symbols were visible, and even her legs which flashed through the slits on either side of the skirts showed evidence of those odd markings. Upon her feet she wore nothing more than a black chain, elegant and fragile in appearance, each link was shaped like a star that wrapped around through her big toe and around her ankle before falling beneath her foot. And she was impossibly beautiful, like a creature carved from marble, skin as smooth and light as porcelain, and from her head were sprouted two long thin ears draped in the same sort of black chain which flowed about her feet.

Beside her, his head held high, was a man with skin as red as blood, his eyes too were black and he was immeasurably handsome like his companion was beautiful. Blond hair flowed upon his shoulders and his pointed ears held a menagerie of twisted metal both elegant and industrious in appearance. Like his companion the man was covered in black markings of some strange language, the most striking of these being the symbols upon his heart and neck. Unlike the woman however the man was dressed as if he'd just had a short stop-over in 1980's USA. For he wore a black mesh shirt and a pair of tattered, hip-hugging black jeans, as well as a pair of heavy looking combat boots. Chains dangled around his wrist like bindings though they still seemed elegant when next to his skin, and although the woman held an expression of grim attention, he was smiling as if he'd just won the lottery.

When the two approached the table the man simply took a seat next to Medelin, who seemed slightly annoyed but who smiled and elbowed him in a friendly way. The woman however came and stood at the chair next to Kain and stared down at him with the same unmoving expression that seemed to flow into her fathomless eyes before a last she spoke. "So at last we meet Kain M Sh-Zual." She stared at him a moment longer before she dipped into a small bow, and then only when she was once more standing straight did she introduce herself. "My name is Neross Nerossonian, daughter of Xellik Nerossonian, wielder of Hellfellion Tennon Nerai-Sonian Nerossik. And friend to those gathered here. It is by my request that Grimm has called this meeting. For I find you now face a problem which I myself have had dealings with." And then, quite suddenly, her chair would pull out by itself and Neross would take a seat before the chair set itself back in place.

The man across from Kain merely smiled and flashed a grin full of white and pointed teeth, too predatory to be human. "And I am her oh-so adoring mate for life Revelik Vizcarik. But you can call me Lucifer. After all most humans do. In MOST dimensions anyway...this one I'm afraid is a bit of a bust."

Lilane turned to Bastion and her smile fell however she turned her golden eyes away from him and toward Galatea and quirked her head to the side. Before at last she let out a sigh. "No I didn't. I had my doubts that Galatea was human long ago. But I respected her enough to ignore what I considered her business and not mine. And most of the time I don't expect to ever see her inside of Uriel's Gentle Flame. She's hardly there after all." And then she turned to him and nudged his chin upward gently so she could look him in the eyes.

"What I told you when I brought you here is the same thing I'm going to tell you now because it's the truth. Because I was raised better than to lie to someone. That place is calming to me, and you can talk freely there without fear of being slaughtered by HEC goons. That's all. If I had known something like this would have happened I would have brought you somewhere else...but I'm only eighteen...so my knowledge is limited to my usual hang-outs and I'm sorry that this had to happen to shake up what little trust we had in each other." Lilane told him honestly, her eyes never faltering. And then, she smiled and let him go and made sure to look him straight in the eye. "Y'know...the reason why you're supposed to look someone in the eye when you talk to them is so that you can tell when they're lying to you. You can't see my eyes looking at the ground."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:11 pm
"Hm. Neross and Revelik. All I'd ever ask for are first names; I couldn't care less where you came from, who you claim to be nor your heritage." The moment the landscape had begun to change again he'd drugged himself a third time just to be...prepared. Thus far it had been a good idea, though he couldn't quite keep the "Shut Up Filter" in his head on. Still, bad manners were better then senseless fights. His eyes were as blue as they could get now, literally shinning. His lids fell low, though, as if he were extremely content...which, in a sense he was. After the first dose, he'd managed to force his body to react instinctively to take the other two doses...meaning he was standing in an alley shooting up.

Ego-shattering revelations aside, he'd lift his cup and take a long drink of the tea before looking to Grimm and Medelin.
"And here I thought this was all a product of Granny Grimm's design...seems like you're just the tool of the ambitions." His eyes would slowly move to Neross at which point the twitching would begin again. He had a single dose left and wasn't going to waste it quite yet. "All this talk of worlds...and dimensions; even titles of grandeur...I'm no idiot, I can see that you and this man are both powerful. But, forgive me if I don't care...I've taken precautions not to."

He'd sigh and poke at his empty cup, empty by choice. "As much of a stroke to my ego as this all is, I've other things to do. I've been tolerant and even kind up until now, but I must insist that you tell me why the hell I'm here; why the hell I'm important enough to draw into this world."

"HEC goons? What the hell is this HEC? Something to do with that weird little not-dead dead-lookin' dude with that crazy kid? ...What do I care!? I ain't gonna get slaughtered! You were raised not to lie n' I was raised not to lose! Ever!" He'd fold his arms proudly while his azure hues would look into her golden ones. He'd just blink and blush a bit, not sure what the hell to do.

"I don't need to look at you to know if you're lying. Your eyes just tell me what you're feeling; that doorway into the soul thing. Nah, I can hear it in your voice; in your words. The tone of your answers and your actions. All part of the training in the Vatican, the more useful training." He'd offer her a warm smile, though his face would grow grim as he'd look to Galatea. "Can't tell if a machine's lying. Hell, it may even be convinced it's feeding us the truth, but in the end it's all about programming. It may be programmed to be oblivious to the real situation at hand..." He'd sigh and shrug. "I just don't like machines..."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:55 pm
Neross lifted the cup before her, stared at it for a moment and then looked to Kain with a bland sort of expression, an eyebrow lifting as she did. "Power like yours and you actually ask why you're 'important'? That's quite modest of you." she stated, taking a sip from her cup before turning to Grimm and nodding. "If you would then Trista."

Grimm smiled a bit humorously and stood turning to the world around them and walking a bit toward the world at large. When she was far enough away Grimm began to float and as she did she seemed to literally shed away from her body until only a starry silhouette was left of her. Her blue eyes the only remembrance of her human form. With a single raised hand the world around them shifted, save for the table and chairs in which they sat. Until at last they sat within what appeared to be a museum, a great hall surrounding them, artifacts lining the walls. And to those gathered it would appear to be a hall of ancient weaponry as all around them were various swords, maces, and even a scale model of an atom bomb. But the biggest display would be a stand upon which a large scythe would stand, it's blade curving and splitting near the staff. The staff itself seemed to have been forged from black marble, and the language which decorated Neross's body could clearly be seen written across the staff in blood-red carvings.

Grimm, her job done, took a step back and held out a hand, her body floating like a ghost's might. "Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you a representation of 'the great collective'. For those of you not savvy with dream analysis that is the collection of every mind in the universe. Currently we are in the section of the collective dedicated to events of great misfortune. And on display, of course, the infamous 'Scythe of Destruction'. The blade that destroyed hell."

At this Revelik seemed to twitch uncomfortably and eyed the weapon like one might eye god himself. However, Neross merely set down her cup, stood and held out her hand, pulling the scythe from it's display to her hand. Taking a step back the woman placed the scythe upon the ground before her and released it, her hands on either side of the weapon as it began to emit an odd dark energy. And then. The scythe itself spoke.

"Kain M'ShZual. Your presence has been requested so that the harsh will of a planet cannot see fruition. I am the living weapon Hellfellion Tennon Nerai-Sonian Nerossik, the very spirit of the planet 'Hell' itself. A sentient world not unlike Weyard, the world which you now inhabit. In my madness and my own strive to survive I committed the most heinous of acts and destroyed all life upon my 'skin'. Once I was a pure and beautiful world, however, after the strike of an asteroid that life which existed upon me was set aflame. In the pain I felt I watched as the creatures which called me 'home' devoured each other until their blood stained my surface red. From their blood rose the ancestors to the two you see before you, called 'demons' by many. I found these new creatures...displeasing. Perhaps it was due to the power they had inherited which had scarred and harmed me. To this day I could not begin to tell you. I only wanted to see them destroyed. And so I took this form you see now and slaughtered those creatures and all life upon my surface. I regret this action....for it caused me pain. Pain which took millennium to heal. I am here now to prevent such wanton destruction from happening again to another life form. The human race...with all it's potential...must not be allowed to share in the same fate as the Blood Children. Either they must flee that wrathful world...or it must be appeased. You have great power and influence. Surely you of all creatures can prevent so great a massacre."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:41 pm
At first he seemed fine. He's drink at his tea and smile as the show began, though the moment weapons he was far too familiar with came into view his hands would begin to shake under the table. As a nervous twitch he'd begin to roll his tongue all about his teeth, though it was easier to see the look in his eyes and the changing color as he looked about. He was on the verge of sweating until the scythe came to life.

He'd listen to each and every word, converting it into permanent memory to replay in his head as much as he needed. He couldn't help it, though. Once it mentioned its mass destruction he'd quirk a smile and even begin to grin while his clawed nails would dig into his knees. Everything in his body was telling him to take the weapon and do as he pleased.

"Humanity was given a planet. It was given a paradise to flourish in, and yet Eden became...well, it shared the same fate as the Earth; Gaia; Terra...whatever. In the end, they were a parasite that destroyed their own planet...and had the audacity to complain about it. Weyward...is aware of this. I spent I decent amount of time in the planet, listening to it but never talking back. It sees them as a parasite; a plague upon its surface...and is it to be blamed!?"
He'd sigh and take another drink of his tea before looking back to the scythe.

"Quite honestly I'm not sure I could prevent such genocide...I'm still not sure I don't welcome it. I spent my entire life escaping humanity...and I'm glad I did. Now, I look on Draega...and I see that there are a few glimmers of light. But sadly, a few glimmers are hardly enough to spare them all." He'd shrug his shoulders and take another sip of tea, not bothering to look to anyone as his eyes began swirling violet, trying to fight the drugs he'd pumped into himself. "So. What's Plan B?"

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:03 pm
The weapon remained silent and it's power seemed to fade until it lied within Neross' hands. The demon took the scythe and held it in one arm like a sacred relic, it's form leaning and easily supported in the crook of her arm. Her dark eyes watched Kain like one might watch a new creature behind the bars of a zoo. With interest while also trying to gauge just how to deal with such a beast. "Earth's destruction was a sacrifice. Earth...that giving world...gave itself for the children of it's soil becuase it would rather see it's self destroyed then see the human race bring about their own end. I would agree with you...that these creatures deserve the fate they have come to set in motion on their own. They deserve extinction. But for what I have seen of their potential. Time...and dimensions...whole universes...are different to me and my kind. What I have seen in this universe and in others has both awed and changed me. It gave me hope where I had none and allowed me to see for the first time the goodness in each human soul. I will not ask you to see as I see...only that you then listen to our proposal and that you might aide us."

At this Grimm stepped forward and between Neross and Kain, her starry silhouette shimmering as she moved. "See although we all think Panderas is a right idiot ...not to mention a rotten b*****d. We were technically the ones who gave him the idea of reviving the earth itself in the first place. Since my powers allow me to bring dreams to life, since my daughter can literally bend reality to her will should she wish it, we had a feeling it might just be possible. "

At this Medelin would speak up at last her eyes a bit worried and shadowed by anger. "But before we can accomplish that...before we even attempt it. We want..no...we need...to make sure that the tragedy which sent the human race to this world cannot happen again. We want to destroy the HEC and all of those who were associated with the earth's demise. Any who would attempt to try to harm the earth in that way again. We want your help to effectively cull the 'darkness' as you call it...out of the human race. "

And then, still grinning Revelik flipped his hand through the air, like one who is brushing away something unpleasant. "And if the earth can't be revived then...well. There's always room for a few close friends upon the newly reborn 'hell'. Mostly since our race, the Blood Children, as we call ourselves, is still pretty short on numbers...being just a couple dozen strong and what not. And as you've seen the soul of our world has no problems with the human race. Heck...anything's better after the destruction and poison we reaped upon our world."

Neross seemed to shift away slightly as if hurt by Revelik's words before looking to Kain once more with distant and wise eyes. "Believe us Kain. Even we...who so once reveled in destruction and death...do not wish to see the end of the human race. Should their end come...it should come to them at a time when their true potential has been reached."

Folly of Man

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff