Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
DSi will launch on April 5th for $170 in black and blue! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:15 pm
Akuyoko
Is there any word on what sort of DSiWare (that is what it's called, right?) we'll be getting? I dunno if I need a new DS when my phat still works perfectly fine. Really, exclusive games would be the only reason I'd get one.
There's some news about the internet about what Japan's got and using reasoning you can figure out what we'd get from that list, but that's about it. WarioWare Snapped is coming out for DSiWare that'll use the camera, though, and it'll get some Art Style games, which are usually pretty neat. There's also most-likely going to be some retail games that will come out for it, and hopefully soon we hear something about Virtual Console.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm
Stats!

Quote:
The DSi supports SDHC cards, regular size, with a max of 32GB of storage. It also includes bigger screens, wireless G (DS Lite and PSP uses wireless B), WPA Security, 256MB of internal memory, improved speakers, the volume slider is now replaced with a volume rocker like the Gameboy Micro (you can also change the brightness while playing (just hold the L button and press the volume rocker up or down)... and some games will take advantage of the storage: for example, the upcoming DJ Max Technika will offer additional DLC songs for those who have a DSi.

Also... some people still thinks that the battery life is shorter, but that's not true. Well, the battery life is shorter at the highest brightness, but the DSi has an extra level of brightness compared to the DS Lite. If you turn the DSi brightness to the DS Lite max level, the battery last the same.

And really, how many of you play the DS Lite with the max brightness? The max brighntess of the Lite is very bright... the eyes hurts. Most people play with the third level of brightness. I don't think I will be playing with another level of brightness of the DSi.

The DSi is not a new generation DS. It's just a new revision, kinda like the PSP-1000, PSP-2000 and PSP-3000. The system is not intended to be a replacement for your current DS system. If you need and want the added features, then go for it. If not, the DS Lite will have the same games (minus the DSiWare games)... the DSi is also for people who don't have a DS system or for people who wanted to buy a DS before but didn't get one because they wanted a system with all the other features.

And about the camera... the resolution is 640x480, just like almost every laptop integrated webcam. Nintendo never promoted the camera as a replacement for a digital camera or to make prints, etc. If you see the new ads, the DSi Camera is to have the pictures stored in your DSi system... play with the pictures, share pictures with other DSi owners, make slideshows, animations, a photo journal... but everything stored in your DSi. The camera resolution is more than enough, specially because the screens resolution. The pictures are intended to be used with the DSi system and nothing more.

And also, I have read a lot of comments about confused people: the DSi is not region locked. You can still play your copy of Ouendan or Jum Superstar on your american DSi. The DSi Store is the one that is locked. That means that if you import a DSi from Japan, you can't acces the USA Store. That's it.

The only real complaing would be the lack of GBA slot... but again. No GBA games are available now. And if you have a large collection of GBA, you already have a GBA system or a GBA Micro. And if you dont have those systems anymore: why? The GBA is backward compatible with original Gameboy titles, and if you complain about the DSi not having backward compatible with the GBA games, then you obviously kept the GBA to play backward Gameboy games, right?

Mr. Iwata

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:54 pm
Soundin' cool, where'd you get that information? I wondered about DLC for games, and it sounds like it's got a good deal of built-in memory for a handheld. It would be freakin' amazing if they released some DLC for older games, to keep them selling. New Mario Kart tracks.... Nnnnngh. Anyway, on the Nintendo update they also said something about there being retail DSi games, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:02 pm
*rant about how switzerland sucks for being expensive and stupid and lacking games*  

Al Torrenz

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:09 pm
ChaosTorrent
*rant about how switzerland sucks for being expensive and stupid and lacking games*
You could import one. You'd get all the games on the store that the country you imported from gets.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:19 pm
Meta_Fish
ChaosTorrent
You could import one. You'd get all the games on the store that the country you imported from gets.

Makes sense.

I'll try to get one with the release of mario & luigi. Hoping for a bundle. ninja  

Al Torrenz

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:24 pm
ChaosTorrent
Meta_Fish
ChaosTorrent

Makes sense.

I'll try to get one with the release of mario & luigi. Hoping for a bundle. ninja
I'm kinda doubting they'll bundle it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 pm
Meta_Fish
ChaosTorrent
Meta_Fish
ChaosTorrent

Makes sense.

I'm kinda doubting they'll bundle it. sweatdrop

Makes me hope harder.  

Al Torrenz

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Cant you take the pics from your DSi and put them on a SD card and then transfer them to a pc? I really want a new camera, and DS, both mine broke.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:36 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Cant you take the pics from your DSi and put them on a SD card and then transfer them to a pc? I really want a new camera, and DS, both mine broke.
You can. I've seen pictures on sites from DSi, so I don't know what that guy was talking about.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:40 pm
Meta_Fish
l-Kathulu-l
You can. I've seen pictures on sites from DSi, so I don't know what that guy was talking about.
Good. This is on my list, it already was, but still. I hope to get it for my B-Day, then I can take pics of Chicago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I got it from a post on Joystiq, but a link was provided and it all checks out. I believe there are 'tech' demos on the DSi site showing off the photo features and the photo 'editing' features.  

Mr. Iwata

Shockwave Lenro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm
Yeah, that's kewl, but it doesn't really answer my question. It would just be a cool extra to have on the system.
l-Kriel-l
l-Kathulu-l
Shockwave Lenro
I can't wait for this to come out. As soon as it does, I'm dropping my old DS and help pay for the new one. I only have one question about it right now though: Can you listen to the music on your system while you're playing a game on it? That would be sweet, but it makes sense if they're unable to put it in.
If im not mistaken it does have a music player.

He meant in-game music.

Shockwave, I didn't know you were in the cult! xd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm
Shockwave Lenro
Yeah, that's kewl, but it doesn't really answer my question. It would just be a cool extra to have on the system.
l-Kriel-l
l-Kathulu-l
Shockwave Lenro
I can't wait for this to come out. As soon as it does, I'm dropping my old DS and help pay for the new one. I only have one question about it right now though: Can you listen to the music on your system while you're playing a game on it? That would be sweet, but it makes sense if they're unable to put it in.
If im not mistaken it does have a music player.

He meant in-game music.

Shockwave, I didn't know you were in the cult! xd

To me, in-game music takes away from the fun of the game. Especially when you're over-hearing sound effects.

Anyways, I have an iPod, camera/TV phone, and computer. There's no need for me to make my DS a multimedia device. I even don't use my PSP for multimedia (just for games), and it already has those capabilities.  

Dude-LAP

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:32 pm
All I want to know is why do we (Americans) get black and 'Wii-glow' blue
when Japan launched black and white, and Europe and Australia will launch black and white??

Also, a deep pink, navy, and a lemon-y lime shade'll be availible in Japan...
Source  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces