Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most over-used game plot/ gaming cliches Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:07 pm
Amnesia. ******** Amnesia. How about you throw the main character into a new setting that he has to explore, like Star Ocean 3?

Speaking of which, stop making plot devices that rende ran entire game or series moot.

I'm looking at you, Chain of Memories.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 pm
KeyBlader1
KyuubiNaruto4

Eggman/Evil Person is trying to take over the world quick find the 7 chaos emeralds and Sonic will defeat him/her?/it. Real original. stare

Seven Chaos Emeralds, Seven Super Emeralds, Seven Sol Emeralds, Seven Star Spirits, Seven Crystal Stars, Seven rings in hand....

Seven Dragon Needles too. 8 is also a magic number: 8 gym badges, 8 melodies, 8 sanctuaries, 8 Pure Hearts, 8 playable characters/racers (Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, Diddy Kong Racing...) etc.  

DragonKazooie89

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Rhed King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm
Don't forget the Legend of Zelda Quick go collect 3 of something and stop a silly man from taking over the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm
DragonKazooie89
KeyBlader1
KyuubiNaruto4

Eggman/Evil Person is trying to take over the world quick find the 7 chaos emeralds and Sonic will defeat him/her?/it. Real original. stare

Seven Chaos Emeralds, Seven Super Emeralds, Seven Sol Emeralds, Seven Star Spirits, Seven Crystal Stars, Seven rings in hand....

Seven Dragon Needles too. 8 is also a magic number: 8 gym badges, 8 melodies, 8 sanctuaries, 8 Pure Hearts, 8 playable characters/racers (Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, Diddy Kong Racing...) etc.

I also forgot Seven Princesses of Heart from Kingdom Hearts
....8 robot masters, 8 summon spirits, 8 Centurion Cores, 3 Shadow Fragments plus 5 Twilight Mirror shards equal 8 total....  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm
Kaylipoo
Anything involving the princess getting kidnapped. With Peach, we all know her and Bowser are just having some kinky mushroom/dinosaur affair, but regardless. Enough with the damsel crap.

We've got Super Princess Peach, but what about Zelda? How about Link gets kidnapped and you have to fight through the game as Zelda, who uses her various emotions to turn into tornados allowing her to fly and to set herself on fire?
(This is sarcasm, by the way. SPP, was, I admit, despite my dislike of Peach, a decent idea, but using emotions as "powers"? That's ridiculously stereotypical.)

PS - Ike's sword really isn't that big, especially when compared to the other large sword wielders in the VG world.

Better than keeping her in the kitchen where she belongs. *coughcookingmamacough*  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 am
Characters who are so nice, book smart, and street retarded by that I mean people like Colette.

This came off the top of my head when I was thinking about LIT. Games where the character doesn't take the easy route. Like for instance Resident Evil games:
"Oh look this door is locked. But instead of jumping out the window right beside it when I am clearly on the ground floor, I'll go get myself killed ten times to get the key to the door from a chainsaw man xd "

Here is another one obvious to some of what genre of game I making fun of:
"Oh wow look at all these people that I've trained with that are dying faster than flies. Well time to become a one man army and kill everything in site. While thousands of my brothers couldn't do half the stuff I do by myself."  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rargon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 pm
Horrible Endings  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 pm

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:56 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Regulust
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
a JAP RPG with some character using a needlessly big sword

FF7 is like the only one. confused

I'd say the keyblade counts as needlessly big 3nodding

Actually, it's not that it's overly big, it's that it's overly over-used. It started out as just Sora being the "Chosen One", but then Riku got one, which I guess wasn't too bad, because it was the Keyblade of Darkness or whatever that hardly resembled a keyblade and I think it was a metaphor that there's a dark side to everything.

But then Mickey got one.

Then Roxas got TWO.

Then Kairi.

Then apparently this new broad has one.

What about poor Squall/Leon in the back who's been after one since the beginning? If I was him, I'd be mighty assed pissed that they've been handed out like tissues to everyone but me. And then Sora would be in the back going, "I thought I was SPECIAL!!! crying "  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Pokemon... Hope I don't need to say anything about it. But they keep us hooked with new LITTLE MONSTER THINGS!!! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!! >.<  

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm
GrowingDandelion
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Regulust
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

Actually, it's not that it's overly big, it's that it's overly over-used. It started out as just Sora being the "Chosen One", but then Riku got one, which I guess wasn't too bad, because it was the Keyblade of Darkness or whatever that hardly resembled a keyblade and I think it was a metaphor that there's a dark side to everything.

But then Mickey got one.

Then Roxas got TWO.

Then Kairi.

Then apparently this new broad has one.

What about poor Squall/Leon in the back who's been after one since the beginning? If I was him, I'd be mighty assed pissed that they've been handed out like tissues to everyone but me. And then Sora would be in the back going, "I thought I was SPECIAL!!! crying "

*coughcoughkingdomheartsbirthbysleepcoughcough*

But has anyone noticed that the main character is usually wearing or is the color of red/green/pink/blue/orange/pink/purple?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:05 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Regulust
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

lol yea...i cant imagine Sora killing heartless with a normal-sized keyblade... *sora gets handed a normal-size keyblade*
"wtf am i suppose to do with this?!" "save the world" O.O  

Ryuji Sanjo

Rargon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:31 am
KyuubiNaruto4

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.
So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:33 am
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

I'd tell Peach to ******** off and give me cake!  

MaverickDrifter

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 am
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

I DEMAND MORE!!

What screw her? Come on it was a game rated everyone, or was it Kids to Adults, what did you expect?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff