Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
SEGA, are you trying to piss off Sonic fans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 pm
Out of all the sonic games, I really only liked this one
User Image
And as for Rush, those were fun to and Unleashed, the Secret Rings, and the Black Knight, those look pretty interesting honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:04 pm
Meta_Fish
GuruGuru214
This is true, but I've always considered Sonic 3 & Knuckles to be one game, even more so after I found out that they were originally intended to be one game and the lock-on cartridge was a result of them having to split it. So Sonic & Knuckles is really just Sonic 3 part 2.
I agree. I wish people would play the Sonic Rush games and talk about how good those are, though. People seem to forget all about them and say Sonic needs to go back to his roots.

Yeah, I mentioned Rush briefly, but I didn't get into it. The first game was a definite step in the right direction, my only real complaint being that you only get one go at the story without erasing data, and after that you can only replay levels. And I did enjoy Sonic Rush Adventure, but all the watercraft stuff took away from the game, plus a few other steps in the wrong direction (coughmarinecough). Basically, while I would love to see a retro return to roots (because who doesn't like revisiting their childhood?), my point is more that while Sonic Team manages to stumble into good things every once in a while, they have a horrible habit of pairing them with crap.  

GuruGuru214

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:07 pm
GuruGuru214
my point is more that while Sonic Team manages to stumble into good things every once in a while, they have a horrible habit of pairing them with crap.
This is a good point, but I think the fact of the matter is that given the technology, Sonic Team doesn't know what to do with it and messes up. If you keep things relatively simple (DreamCast, DS, GBA, and below) they can do alright. Or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 pm
I think they should make a Sonic version of Spiderman 2-
massive freeroaming city, buildings to wall jump off/run up, lotsa space to trick and run..

I just think it would be a good alternative from being restricted to one pathway.  

gutterball29

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:01 am
Sonic and Sword = Fail  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 am
well then it's become the metallica of videogames then huh.
Nah I hate mentioning Metallica, let's call sonic "the john madden football of action games" 3nodding A considerably large amount of people hate it, but they make enough money to s**t out a slightly modified game each year

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:41 am
...They need another Sonic Chronicles game.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
well then it's become the metallica of videogames then huh.
Nah I hate mentioning Metallica, let's call sonic "the john madden football of action games" 3nodding A considerably large amount of people hate it, but they make enough money to s**t out a slightly modified game each year

I believe you are referring to this:
http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?comic=97#60
If this is how you feel about each new Madden game, please quote.  

wariodude128

0Toon-Link0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:38 pm
When will they learn that they need to make more liek Sonic Adventure 2  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 am
I'm actually looking forward towards this.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

drumminglink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:05 pm
I can see why some people dislike Sonic unleashed. i have it for the 360, and even tho the werehog levels are better, they still get tedious after a while. I still enjoyed playing them, though, if only because i knew there was a daytime level to be played shortly after.
As for Sonic & the Black Knight, I'm actually looking forward to getting this one. I'll admit it, I liked Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Secret Rings. The leveling-up in Secret Rings was annoying, but once it was out of the way, Secret Rings was very enjoyable, and i'm hoping that Black Knight fixes all the problems that slowed Secret Rings down.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 pm
User Image

Oh my god. Why can't they just stick with the SA2B formula?

User Image

Syph Medwes

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 pm
Really, with some of the newer sonic games, only one thing sticks out in mind that exceeds everything else....

Crush. F*cking. 40. heart ((Live and Learn! Hanging on the edge of tomorrow...))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:31 pm
KeyBlader1
Really, with some of the newer sonic games, only one thing sticks out in mind that exceeds everything else....

Crush. F*cking. 40. heart ((Live and Learn! Hanging on the edge of tomorrow...))

Oh man, I had blocked that out. Excuse me while I stick melon ballers in my ears at the very memory of it.  

GuruGuru214

mrlemonhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:41 pm
Sega is forcing Sonic to do so many gimmicky games, next I think he'll start raping children.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff