Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Super Mario's Next Super Awesome Adventure Thingy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:02 am
GuruGuru214
I was going to make some sort of comparison to Kingdom Hearts, but it would probably be something more akin to the Crash Purple and Spyro orange games, wouldn't it? Or at least what I assume those games to be like, having never gone near them. I could absolutely see that working.
I'm thinking that somehow the two universes will collide (explained or not, as Brawl and Olympics weren't) and Bowser might team up with Eggman, Sonic needs to get the Chaos Emeralds, Mario needs to get the Princess, they both need to save their worlds and separate the universes (kind of Sonic Rush sounding here) and yatta yatta yatta. I don't really care. If I even saw a CG cutscene where Mario and Sonic interacted I'd probably put down a pre-order.

It would be weird though, as Mario doesn't speak much, let alone does he ever speak to anyone, yet Sonic does. I'd kinda want there to be a lot of interaction between the two.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 am
I dunno about you guys, but I want a 3D Mario game (not sidescrolling) that's like the NES and SNES games, as in it would be set in the Mushroom Kingdom, and Mario would grow bigger when he gets a mushroom and stuff.  

Super Cheesio

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 am
Meta_Fish
It would be weird though, as Mario doesn't speak much, let alone does he ever speak to anyone, yet Sonic does. I'd kinda want there to be a lot of interaction between the two.

There's a first time for everything, and something like that could be it. On the other hand, I've heard Charles Martinet speak normally in the Mario voice and it wasn't exactly a good thing. As it is, "Welcome, new galaxy!" was weird to me. Have you ever seen the video of the ask Mario kiosk? I'm sure in a studio environment his voice acting would be more polished, but still...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:21 am
I enjoyed SMG, and i will probably enjoy an 2 one aswell, but, i kinda felt SMG was very easy to complete compared to SM64 =/  

Chikyuu no Mushishi

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:57 am
UR MR GAY  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 am
TtheHero
The Not So Evil Deadite
Isn't Birdo a male? Or did they finally just change his/her gender to just being a her. If not, that would be creepy...Buffalo Bill creepy...

Well, Birdo's gender is still up in the air,

What I said was in a webcomic joke somewhere.

It still creeps me out, chills me more than snow,

Thinking about that Mystery Item of his/hers in Captain Rainbow...

Get your hands on the instruction booklet for (our) super mario bros. 2
It mentions Birdo being a guy that likes bows if my memory serves correct 3nodding

All I wanna see at some point is a Mario game, where perhaps they involve an alternate dimension. Where there's an evil mario and princess peach trying to stamp out a heroic Bowser and his goomba and koopa rebels.
mrgreen  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:36 am
Mario and Sonic...Can't see it happening as a full fledged adventure game...Yet. Mario should just remain silent though...I think no matter what they'd try to do, his voice would sound awkward, unfitting.

Yes, bring Wario back to the SM series!

And Yoshi as well!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:51 am
I liked the mini-challenges that SMG offered... I want more of them!

And the Wing Cap was awesome, I wish we had an ENTIRE level based on this cap.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Trop003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Meta_Fish
GuruGuru214
I was going to make some sort of comparison to Kingdom Hearts, but it would probably be something more akin to the Crash Purple and Spyro orange games, wouldn't it? Or at least what I assume those games to be like, having never gone near them. I could absolutely see that working.
I'm thinking that somehow the two universes will collide (explained or not, as Brawl and Olympics weren't) and Bowser might team up with Eggman, Sonic needs to get the Chaos Emeralds, Mario needs to get the Princess, they both need to save their worlds and separate the universes (kind of Sonic Rush sounding here) and yatta yatta yatta. I don't really care. If I even saw a CG cutscene where Mario and Sonic interacted I'd probably put down a pre-order.

I probably shouldn't be using this as an example, but if you've seen the Super Mario Bros. Z series by AlvinEarthworm then you could agree that if done right, they can interact quite well together, I mean dialogue wise... Plus any Mario RPG they've come out with. All I've ever heard him say was
"Adodededaydo." in M&LSS and he only waves his hands in the Paper Marios.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:02 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
TtheHero
The Not So Evil Deadite
Isn't Birdo a male? Or did they finally just change his/her gender to just being a her. If not, that would be creepy...Buffalo Bill creepy...

Well, Birdo's gender is still up in the air,

What I said was in a webcomic joke somewhere.

It still creeps me out, chills me more than snow,

Thinking about that Mystery Item of his/hers in Captain Rainbow...

Get your hands on the instruction booklet for (our) super mario bros. 2
It mentions Birdo being a guy that likes bows if my memory serves correct 3nodding

All I wanna see at some point is a Mario game, where perhaps they involve an alternate dimension. Where there's an evil mario and princess peach trying to stamp out a heroic Bowser and his goomba and koopa rebels.
mrgreen

And how he wanted to be called 'Birdetta'? I recall that.

But you never know with Nintendo... back then people weren't so uptight about sketchy things like gender confusion...

And some things tend to be rewritten around and said in different ways, perhaps to keep up with the times, I bet...

Trop003
I probably shouldn't be using this as an example, but if you've seen the Super Mario Bros. Z series by AlvinEarthworm then you could agree that if done right, they can interact quite well together, I mean dialogue wise... Plus any Mario RPG they've come out with. All I've ever heard him say was

xd Yeah, who could forget the fake Italian gibberish.

Aside from some of his one-liners, I've heard him say more stuff, like in M vs DK, he's said, 'Come back here, you big-a monkey!', and 'No, you dont, no you dont!'

Ive been trying my hand at a Mushroom Kingdon fanfic, and I'm still a little skethy on haginv him speak full sentences... so I try and limit how much he says, to keep in the tradition.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Vaettur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm
As for a direct sequel, i'd rather have a SM64 one.

As for a complete new one... i don't care. They suprised me earlier with Galaxy. As long as it ain't gonna be something like Sunshine.

And yeah, Yoshi should return. And i want more ShyGuys.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm
GuruGuru214
There's a first time for everything, and something like that could be it. On the other hand, I've heard Charles Martinet speak normally in the Mario voice and it wasn't exactly a good thing. As it is, "Welcome, new galaxy!" was weird to me. Have you ever seen the video of the ask Mario kiosk? I'm sure in a studio environment his voice acting would be more polished, but still...
This is true, Mario sounds strange when speaking whole sentences, but perhaps they could cut back on the extreme accent and high-pitched voice just a tad to make it bearable. I can't really imagine him talking, though.

Trop003
True, they could do what Brawl did and make it all silent too, but that just seems unlike Sonic. So I guess Sonic could do the talking and Mario would just be silent.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:29 pm
As uncommon as it sounds it was nice hearing Charles speak as Mario (and Wario) at Nintendo World. I hope they do that again.

I remember asking him about every Mario game I could think of.
xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 pm
Yeah i heard that too. I heard both the new Mario and new Zelda are gonna be sequels to TP and SMG

Anyway they said they got some huge news when E3 comes up so we'll have to wait biggrin  

0Toon-Link0

Rargon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 pm
The SM franchise is best known for outrageous adventures,I mean SM64,I could understand,but Sunshine? And Galaxy? Lol,last thing I need is Obama putting the whole Galaxy's safety to a Plummer. XD

But I just hope there will be a SMG2,but mostly a new idea. Can't really imagine a sequel. even though there was suppose to be a Super Mario 64: 2 ._.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff