So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your First Time... Gaming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you playing vidjagames before you could read?
  Yes; text-heavy games helped me learn
  Yes; but only simple ones I could understand without reading too much
  No; my parents wouldn't let me
  No; I didn't get interested/introduced until later
  i dunno ahurr
View Results

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 pm
I know I started on SMB/DH on the NES, but the earliest I really remember is SMB3. I remember how awesomely new the yellow package was. I had a gameboy with Tetris that my aunt got me when she worked HR at Nintendo. For a few years it sat dormant in my closet, but when a bunch of people from the backstage crew at my 4th grade school play brought in their gameboys, I dug mine out. I've been an outright gamer ever since.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:36 am
Can't remember the first game I played....

Either Street fighter alpha or Super Mario world.

I was 5. :/  

V1SUAL K31

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 am
I'm pretty sure that my first game was Kirby's Adventure for the NES, I don't know how old I was but I'm sure I was pretty young. 3nodding The good old days indeed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 am
The first game I remember playing is Dragon Warrior for the NES, I used to play Atari a bit too. The system we had that I played the most was Sega Genesis, mostly for Sonic The Hedgehog. I fell in love with Nintendo when I got a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red. I'm now a huge Nintendo and Pokemon fan because of it.  

teh emoogle boy

Steadfast Browser

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Little Fellow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 pm
Ah, I remember the first time I ever played a game ^-^ It was soo fun. I was two years old. The N64 was mai first system ever. I believe the game was called Royal Rumble. All I did was tap buttons randomly and I won ^-^ It was awesome! : D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:15 pm
First game was super smash bros.

The game I play the most now is brawl.

....haven't come a very long way, have I?  

Rhed King

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:05 pm
wow this brings back old memories ^^
It was back when i was 4 I think we where up at my grandparentès house in the mountains, we where friends with the neibours and they had a kid my age and we used to play one day we where there I come ad find him playing on his gameboy it was dr mario if I can remember it right I looked at it for a minute then back at him with "the" look and he said "you wanna try?" I took it and then finished the game in 30 minutes xD then on my bday I got some old gaming console I forgot what it was but I had duck hunt and mario on it thennn I got my game boy advance and after that my ps2 (the best times I ever had ) and after that i got my ds....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 pm
Wow...The first game I ever played was Donkey Kong 64... Then I played Super Mario Bris a few hours later. That was when I was three. When I was four, I got an N64 and Paper Mario, my favorite game to date. I still love to pop the cartridge in and beat Bowser. It really makes my day to do that.  

Derrai

4,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Persephone Aldrine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 am
Ha. First time playing video games......well....I think I was like 7 or something.....
My mom and dad had a NES in their room and they'd stay up really late playing Super Mario Bros. (Wow, talk about video game addicts huh?) One day my dad was outside doing something while my mom was at the store and I decided that I wanted to try to play the game too, even though I wasn't supposed to go in their room....It took me about fifteen minutes to figure out how to turn the system on. Then I played and couldn't make it through 1-1....Then my dad came upstairs and started yelling at me for going in my parents bedroom....

Few months later they moved the game system into my little brothers room so we could play....

He has had an addiction to all video games ever since...I wasn't a fan of mario bros, but I did love Sonic on the old SEGA system that my parents got a few months later...
Sega totally powned Nes....hands down....not to mention sonic is adorable! hahahaha  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 am
blonde_girl.14
Ha. First time playing video games......well....I think I was like 7 or something.....
My mom and dad had a NES in their room and they'd stay up really late playing Super Mario Bros. (Wow, talk about video game addicts huh?)
Haha, my parents did that too! They were crazy about the Donkey Kong Countries; they used to let me stay up late to help beat levels they were stuck on. xd We were up till midnight trying to beat that snowman boss on DKC3 the first time.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:34 pm
Let's see. . . . From what I can remember, my Dad bought a Genesis when I was in first grade, so that would make me about 5/6. I think the first game I played was either Aladdin, The Jungle Book, or The Lion King. We got them all at the same time, so I can't really remember.

My first computer experience was in kindergarten with my one friend. I didn't know how to play the game (something about kittens and balloons), so she played and I was slightly angry. Then another time, the teacher took us to the computer lab and let us play reader rabbit, but the thing was that she didn't explain how to get into the program, so I just sat there at the desktop waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did. Then we had to go outside for recess or something. All the other kids could figure it out as far as I knew.

edit:

My little brother though, actually did learn to read by playing video games, because my one cousin and her grandmother moved in with us with her N64 and Majora's Mask, so my little brother (who was something like 4/5) tried to play it, but he couldn't read the text, and nobody would read it for him, so that's how he learned.

And now he's fat and wears a Link hat everywhere. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 pm
Either Super Mario World or Mortal Kombat. Couldn't tell you how old I was for the life of me. My brother, Justin introduced me to them when my eldest brother started grade one.  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Phantom Slasher

Noble Prophet

19,475 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 pm
Well i picked her up at the station in flushing main street and...OH

Meh I can't remember but i suspect it was one of the old school Sonic's you know the good ones?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:44 am
(thought I posted here confused )

My 1st hand at gaming was when my babysitter brought over his nintendo, I was 4 or 5 when that happened. Addicted the entire family. pirate Mario Bros 1 & 3 were my 1st games I could remember playing. After a few months he sold it to us so he could get a newer system. I still remember the broken sleep because my parents would sneak into my room and play mario bros or tetris. xp

Around the same time gameboy was obtained, came with Balloon Kid,Kirby's Adventure and Ninja Turtles.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:52 am
GrowingDandelion
Let's see. . . . From what I can remember, my Dad bought a Genesis when I was in first grade, so that would make me about 5/6. I think the first game I played was either Aladdin, The Jungle Book, or The Lion King. We got them all at the same time, so I can't really remember.
omg great games I beat them all <3

Aladdin was hard for its target age. Lots of near-impossible jumps and traps that you don't expect to be traps. So was the Jungle Book. I don't think I actually beat that one, for some reason I remember being called for dinner on Sher Khan... stressed

Lion King, I had on my computer, though. I've beaten it so many times. It's ******** great. Though I hate Scar's cheap auto-kill move, when he REVERSES YOUR ******** MAUL AND MAULS YOU GFKFGKHGFHKFAGHKGFKHAGFKHAG mad No fair.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff