Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buddha_Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 am
Ribbin
Buddha_Cat
I don't like the look of this, one bit.

The cut scenes may look nice, but I'm not impressed.

Looks too much like Final Fantasy too me.

Now let me see some solid 2-D game play, and then I will be impressed.

Are you saying it should all be 2-D, or you just want to see more of the gameplay from the 2-D we've seen in it?

More game play in general.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:29 am
FFFFFFFFFf

Ninja Gaiden II is already godamn hard, now we have Metroid as a Ninja Gaiden?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ohandgaiz, we were told that Prime storyline ended at Corruption. Maybe this is a different Samus. Or alternate storyline. Or it could be how Samus found the Chozo, and there's a youngin' chick. Or it could be right after that. Or *another stupid plot device*  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am
this looks like a nice change, my friend bitched about the 3-d FPS metroids and how he couldn't play them very well. i hope this shuts him up!

but yeah this looks just beautiful, a 3rd person metroid. bet no one thought that could be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 am
auS-e-Dude
FFFFFFFFFf

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ohandgaiz, we were told that Prime storyline ended at Corruption. Maybe this is a different Samus. Or alternate storyline. Or it could be how Samus found the Chozo, and there's a youngin' chick. Or it could be right after that. Or *another stupid plot device*

What do you mean the Prime storyline ended? The Prime games take place very early in the storyline, after the original Metroid, but before the other games. Metroid isn't Zelda, it's the same Samus all the time.

@BC: Well from the little gameplay that's in the trailer I'm satisfied with the direction they're taking it in. They focus on the fact that there's actually a storyline, and people talking. Having a more realistic Metroid is an awesome step in a brave new direction that I'm glad Nintendo is taking.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 pm
Yeah, you can't have a very good story if the main character doesn't talk. Metroid Fusion ftw, once again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah, you can't have a very good story if the main character doesn't talk. Metroid Fusion ftw, once again.

But the Zelda games have awesome storylines.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:01 pm
-Hel the Reaper-
Waynebrizzle

Ehhhh I dunno. There are some good side stories, like Kafei and Anju in Majora's Mask, but the main story involving Link is never really much more than "collect (number) of these ancient (item) and go defeat (final boss)"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:02 pm
auS-e-Dude
FFFFFFFFFf

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This starts with Samus as a youth and apparently goes up to Super Metroid... even with actual things that happened in Super Metroid take place in this game.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Patricius the Archangel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:44 pm
Devlin Darkness
For once Metroid actually looks fun. A first!

scream what??? you fiend!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 pm
Waynebrizzle
-Hel the Reaper-
Waynebrizzle

Ehhhh I dunno. There are some good side stories, like Kafei and Anju in Majora's Mask, but the main story involving Link is never really much more than "collect (number) of these ancient (item) and go defeat (final boss)"
This. A character that doesn't talk means... well very little communication. This leads to awkwardness when faced with actual depth in story lines. Remember when Link saves his sister in twilight princess? She thanks him and he basically smiles it off. xd  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm
NintendOmega
Waynebrizzle
-Hel the Reaper-
Waynebrizzle

This. A character that doesn't talk means... well very little communication. This leads to awkwardness when faced with actual depth in story lines. Remember when Link saves his sister in twilight princess? She thanks him and he basically smiles it off. xd
You mean Wind Waker?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 pm
Owwin
NintendOmega
Waynebrizzle
-Hel the Reaper-
Waynebrizzle

You mean Wind Waker?
That too, I guess. But I was referring to when you save your sister from that boar-riding ogre dude.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Boadicia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:25 pm
Wow, do we finally get to hear Samus speak?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:32 pm
yeah, Samus is speaking... i think it's great. I like the graphics so far, and they brought back Ridley.... again... xD I love ridley tho. I hope we'll be able to replay the flashbacks, actually. That'd be sick.  

Samvs Ar

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm
I guess you guys didn't pay attention in Brawl because Samus talked there. Before I get a bunch of people complaining that she 'talked' in Fusion. Let me clarify I mean actual words were spoken not words that you read. But like "Is That All?", "You're Mine", and "Finally"(ZSSamus's Taunts in Brawl).  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff