Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheists can't love! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:28 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:52 pm
Amphex
Its quite amazing how devoid of thought some people are. You'd think people would be intelligent enough to understand, that all people are capable of love and moral beliefs, even us crazah atheists.
After listening to them talk, I don't feel so crazy.  

Orson Welles

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:07 pm
I dont know why the christian team believe in "Atheist are bad 'cose they don't accept good"
Thats so stupid...I have a boyfriend who's a Christian and we are in love and he belives in my true love.
This is weird twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:22 pm
Ah, this is so farking true about Christians being nothing more than hypocrites. Although, they don't say that just atheists (gotta love them all! Atheist!) don't love. My cousin went on this looooo~oooo~ooooo~ooo*deepbreath*~oooong spiel about how Muslims and Buddhists can't love as well. Its a little ridiculous, organized religion. I have to say that while its hard for me to love, that I can love, be atheist or no. Hey, *shrugs* I love my dog.  

PickleBoy

Kommisar_Kowl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:38 pm
Yes, everyone knows that if you don't believe in an invisible man who makes rules and sends you hell, you are completely devoid of feelings.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:49 pm
Evil_Alex37
Yes, everyone knows that if you don't believe in an invisible man who makes rules and sends you hell, you are completely devoid of feelings.

Ironic though, isn't it?

I would think is should be that anyone that still believes in imaginary friends over the age of 12 should be sent to a mental ward.

Wouldn't the invisible man fit the catagory of imaginary friends?

It is like, if we refuse to believe in a god, than we are heathens that need to be converted, and destined to some non-existant hell.

If we decide to beleive, than we must throw out all logic, and beleive in something based on nothing exept faith.

Sorry, but faith alone isn't enough to convince me that anything exists.

So I'll be a good, logical heathen, and stick to reality.

Sanguvixen

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:23 pm
Yukieru
Me: Blah blah something about not believing in God.
Mom: Do you love me?
Me: --What? Of course I do.
Mom: heart heart heart heart Then you believe in God, because you cannot love another person without having the love of God in your heart. heart heart heart heart
Me: .........

That really sounds like something off of stand up comedy; really, it's that...um...misguided.

Sanguvixen

I'd say no, but only to the "friend" part. Most of Christian lore seems to put him solidly in the self-appointed enforcer category.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:36 pm
My gf's Christian and she knows I can love. BUt some christians can be just so rude and means and self centered  

~Screwed_Up_Emo~

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 pm
BombaysChylde
My gf's Christian and she knows I can love. BUt some christians can be just so rude and means and self centered
Wait....so you're....

Excelent. twisted

In case you didn't know, I'm the official heterosexual pervert of this guild, so don't be offended by my intense sexual preoccupation. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:36 am
Evil_Alex37
It's an idiotic thing to think, but there are people that believe it. sweatdrop  

Orson Welles

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:19 pm
Dathu
BombaysChylde
Wait....so you're....

Excelent. twisted

In case you didn't know, I'm the official heterosexual pervert of this guild, so don't be offended by my intense sexual preoccupation. mrgreen
In reference to the very end of the post-> I wish, like some forums, that you could give people titles under their usernames/avatars. xD Because Dathu's would be very funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:33 pm
[Satan]
Okay, so today I was behind two religous kids and they were saying that Atheists are angry murderous people and that they have no feelings. That's when I interrupted. They started saying that if I touch them, they'll tell a teacher and then they started calling me a brute. rolleyes It turns out that one of them was jealous that the girl he has a crush on is crazy about me. They were yelling at me saying I can't truly love without the knowledge of God's presence.
crying Thats mean, I dont say, people who believe in god cant be intellegent, because theres no factual evidence of a god.  

Taylr752

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:29 am
DivideByZero14
Yukieru
Me: Blah blah something about not believing in God.
Mom: Do you love me?
Me: --What? Of course I do.
Mom: heart heart heart heart Then you believe in God, because you cannot love another person without having the love of God in your heart. heart heart heart heart
Me: .........

That really sounds like something off of stand up comedy; really, it's that...um...misguided.

Sanguvixen

I'd say no, but only to the "friend" part. Most of Christian lore seems to put him solidly in the self-appointed enforcer category.

True...very true. Still though...this god that they solidly believe in is not so solid because he cannot be seen, niether observed. Thus he lives an invisible existance, kept alive through faith.

If humanity stops having faith in a invisible god...than that god ceases to exist.

A proper made-up scenario would be this: Let us say that some guy named Sean decides that there is a Goddess named Malina who is a big Pink Unicorn, and he decides that she must live in the Sun(which is why she cannot be seen).

Sean decides that she must have made the universe by throwing three seperate bursts of light from her golden horn. Somehow Sean gathers a following....and thus the religion of The Pink Unicorn is created.

After several years a great many people start believing that the sun that our planet circles holds a Pink Unicorn Goddess named Malina...but since we do not have the technology to search the entire sun we cannot disprove that Malina, The Pink Unicorn Goddess does or doesn't exist.

Sean then comes up with the idea that unless people pray to the sun, they will not be granted passage after death to Rainbow Heaven(the place they believe good followers of the religion go after death). Sean also starts teaching that only humans who worship Malina (in his eyes the true diety) have the ability to love because she fills them with the emotion.

All of Sean's followers are loving people...and they believe that it is because Malina made them so. As long as those people believe that Malina is real...than in thier reality she exists. That doesn't mean in actuality that she is really in the center of the sun, but they have faith, and faith alone keeps the following alive.

Ten years later Sean decides that he doesn't beleive that Malina is real, because he becomes a follower of the Noodle Monster. A Noodle Missionary converts him. Then Sean tells his masses to stop following the religion of The Pink Unicorn Goddess and to start following the religion of The Noodle Monster.

Then people all convert....thus Malina, The Unicorn Goddess no longer has any followers, and thus as a diety she dies. However the people who followed her still have the ability to be just as loving because changing religion didn't change who they are.

However they once could claim that other people cannot love if they are not granted the ability from Malina. When they changed religion the ability to love is still there. It is because the ability to care for others of our species is something that we will always have, and need in order to survive.

Attributing something like love to following a religion is a foolish way to see things. Anyway...I hope that was enlightening for the rest of you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:52 pm
We can't love? Well I guess I'm screwed...and so is my boyfriend...who also happens to be an athiest....  

Wiccan Clarinet

Southwest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 pm
Sanguvixen
If humanity stops having faith in a invisible god...than that god ceases to exist.

A proper made-up scenario would be this: Let us say that some guy named Sean decides that there is a Goddess named Malina who is a big Pink Unicorn, and he decides that she must live in the Sun(which is why she cannot be seen).

Sean decides that she must have made the universe by throwing three seperate bursts of light from her horn golden horn. Somehow Sean gathers a following....and thus the religion of The Pink Unicorn is created.

After several years a great many people start believing that the sun that our planet circles holds a Pink Unicorn Goddess named Malina...but since we do not have the technology to search the entire sun we cannot disprove that Malina, The Pink Unicorn Goddess does or doesn't exist.

Sean then comes up with the idea that unless people pray to the sun, they will not be granted passage after death to Rainbow Heaven(the place they believe good followers of the religion go after death). Sean also starts teaching that only humans who worship Malina (in his eyes the true diety) have the ability to love because she fills them with the emotion.

All of Sean's followers are loving people...and they believe that it is because Malina made them so. As long as those people believe that Malina is real...than in thier reality she exists. That doesn't mean in actuality that she is really in the center of the sun, but they have faith, and faith alone keeps the following alive.

Ten years later Sean decides that he doesn't beleive that Malina is real, because he becomes a follower of the Noodle Monster. A Noodle Missionary converts him. Then Sean tells his masses to stop following the religion of The Pink Unicorn Goddess and to start following the religion of The Noodle Monster.

Then people all convert....thus Malina, The Unicorn Goddess no longer has any followers, and thus as a diety she dies. However the people who followed her still have the ability to be just as loving because changing religion didn't change who they are.

However they once could claim that other people cannot love if they are not granted the ability from Malina. When they changed religion the ability to love is still there. It is because the ability to care for others of our species is something that we will always have, and need in order to survive.

Attributing something like love to following a religion is a foolish way to see things. Anyway...I hope that was enlightening for the rest of you.

Have I told you I love you?

Invisible Pink Unicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster references, plus logic that makes perfect sense.

Please. I want your children.

And if you can find a way to impregnate a guy, they're yours.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff