Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What are your thoughts on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 am
Pumona
Magus Kathrine
I'm not for abortion no matter what. God makes things happen, like the life of a baby. And if the baby might kill you during pregnancy, it was God's decision to have that, and we're unnaturally ending this. If a girl was raped and got pregnant than God wanted it to happen.

So your telling us, A women that is healthy and happily married gets pregnent, goes to deliver, has complications, and is told the baby or her to live. You believe that you should kill yourself? This might sound rough but, I think you need to think about that a little more. I do not believe in abortions either but, if it is medically advised or maybe rape situations then It can be a different story.

This happened to me. They thought I was going to choke to death because the imbibla cord was wrapped around my throat. How am I still here, they preformed a C-section and I came out healthy and alive. Lastly I found this video I think helps people see what happens during an a abortion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvshMADC7s0  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine
I'm not for abortion no matter what. God makes things happen, like the life of a baby. And if the baby might kill you during pregnancy, it was God's decision to have that, and we're unnaturally ending this. If a girl was raped and got pregnant than God wanted it to happen.

So your telling us, A women that is healthy and happily married gets pregnent, goes to deliver, has complications, and is told the baby or her to live. You believe that you should kill yourself? This might sound rough but, I think you need to think about that a little more. I do not believe in abortions either but, if it is medically advised or maybe rape situations then It can be a different story.

This happened to me. They thought I was going to choke to death because the imbibla cord was wrapped around my throat. How am I still here, they preformed a C-section and I came out healthy and alive. Lastly I found this video I think helps people see what happens during an a abortion. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvshMADC7s0

That doesn't mean every case turns out like yours...  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:37 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

This happened to me. They thought I was going to choke to death because the imbibla cord was wrapped around my throat. How am I still here, they preformed a C-section and I came out healthy and alive. Lastly I found this video I think helps people see what happens during an a abortion. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvshMADC7s0

You're here today because this is a fairly common complication and fairly easy to correct for. When a woman develops cervical or ovarian cancer during the pregnancy, and the cranium of the fetus is crushed by a tumor, then survival rates for the fetus drop to zero.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:49 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

This happened to me. They thought I was going to choke to death because the imbibla cord was wrapped around my throat. How am I still here, they preformed a C-section and I came out healthy and alive. Lastly I found this video I think helps people see what happens during an a abortion.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvshMADC7s0

What I was talking about is during pregnancy you are told you (the one giving birth)will die if you have the baby. That was what we were talking about during that post.  

Pumona

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:02 pm
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

You're here today because this is a fairly common complication and fairly easy to correct for. When a woman develops cervical or ovarian cancer during the pregnancy, and the cranium of the fetus is crushed by a tumor, then survival rates for the fetus drop to zero.

You never know, mircales happen everyday.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

Medicine is a science. So is the study of statistics. Science and statistics allow you to make predictions. Medical science involves scientific prediction and statistical analysis upon which treatment may proceed with predictable and possible results. Treatment by miracle does not allow you to make the same predictions and statistical presumptions. It is haphazard.

Case in point. We know that if you mix within certain ratios vinegar and baking soda a reaction will occur and x and y reactants will be reacted out to x and y products. We can predict this based on scientific principles and observation. We cannot do the same with miracles. We cannot predict in 100 instances of praying over a pile of baking soda on how many instances a reaction will miraculously occur.

So, that is why we base medical treatment on medical science and not miracles. Medical science says that if your brain is crushed you will die. While miracles might suggest differently, other fields, such as the military, accept the fact that destruction of the brain will kill a human being. So, when a tumor crushes a fetus' brain, medical science predicts it will not be viable outside the womb. You can argue miracles all you want, but till you can provide a statistical reliability for miracles it has no place in a discussion of medical science and the proper course of medical treatment.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:25 pm
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

Medicine is a science. So is the study of statistics. Science and statistics allow you to make predictions. Medical science involves scientific prediction and statistical analysis upon which treatment may proceed with predictable and possible results. Treatment by miracle does not allow you to make the same predictions and statistical presumptions. It is haphazard.

Case in point. We know that if you mix within certain ratios vinegar and baking soda a reaction will occur and x and y reactants will be reacted out to x and y products. We can predict this based on scientific principles and observation. We cannot do the same with miracles. We cannot predict in 100 instances of praying over a pile of baking soda on how many instances a reaction will miraculously occur.

So, that is why we base medical treatment on medical science and not miracles. Medical science says that if your brain is crushed you will die. While miracles might suggest differently, other fields, such as the military, accept the fact that destruction of the brain will kill a human being. So, when a tumor crushes a fetus' brain, medical science predicts it will not be viable outside the womb. You can argue miracles all you want, but till you can provide a statistical reliability for miracles it has no place in a discussion of medical science and the proper course of medical treatment.

So the case of disease deemed unconquerable are conquered and people told that theyh woukld never walk, walking and people coming back from the dead are just "misclaculations".  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan

So the case of disease deemed unconquerable are conquered and people told that theyh woukld never walk, walking and people coming back from the dead are just "misclaculations".

They're statistical aberrations of no predictable pattern.

Okay: The five year survival rate for early detection of melanoma using chemotherapy and radiation is 95%. What is the five year survival rate in treating melanoma at early detection using prayer and no other method?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:54 pm
TammiGirl
Quote:
I like how you didn't include the "a life is a life".

You wouldn't include it in any other discussion where it applies, I'm sure. Are you anti-war? Or is a life only a life if it isn't brown and living in the Middle East? Should we bomb Iranian reactors to keep them from getting nuclear weapons, even though many "life is a lives" might be lost? How about executions? A life is a life, unless the state takes it?

Quote:
A life is a life. Abortion is murder.

A zygote isn't a life, it's a cell cluster.

Quote:
And I don't give a damn what the scientists or experts say about that because I firmly believe that life begins at conception.

Well then there's not much point in this discussion is there? I mean, if we want to debate the shape of the Earth, and you think it's flat, and you firmly believe that no matter what scientists and experts tell you, then there's really not much reasoning with you.

Quote:
No matter what argument you come up with, a life is still a life.

Would you shoot a rapist to keep him from raping you? I would, even though if he just rapes me, then no life is lost. I'm not going to spread my legs for some perv just because "a life is a life." Some lives make themselves killably inconvenient for others, if you consider cell-clusters and pre-developed tissue a life.

Quote:
And no, I haven't met a woman who gave up the rape baby. Have you?

Yes, I have. My friend Janet was date-raped when she was 16. She got pregnant from it too. What happened to her destroyed her life. After the rape she was a totally different person. She didn't want to talk to anyone, she started doing drugs, she tried to kill herself. We worked really hard, me, her friends, her family, just to bring her back from going off the rails. When she found out she was pregnant she nearly went off again. She actually said to me "Tammi, I was starting to put this all behind me. Now every morning I wake up and "it" is there, and I just want to die all over again." She couldn't have this kid. She couldn't wake up every day with that reminder still there, still inside her. So, she had an abortion. I asked her about it once, and she told me she had no regrets. She said even if it was a "life," if she'd carried that thing any longer she would have killed herself before ever delivering. So, add that up, what's one fetus plus one woman? Hint, that's 2 lives. At least she saved one.

And what do you think you were when you were developing in your mothers uterus. I mean its your choice to support what you want, but you were just a zygote too. Unborn children can't speak for them selves but if they could what do you think they would say?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Pumona
Magus Kathrine

That doesn't mean every case turns out like yours...

Now did I say that it would?
Quote:
This happened to me. They thought I was going to choke to death because the imbibla cord was wrapped around my throat. How am I still here, they preformed a C-section and I came out healthy and alive.
. That is what I said. I didn't say that babies always survive if they preform a C-section. I'm telling her about how complications at birth almost costed me my life and that sometimes there is still hope.  

Drarksupersaiyan

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:52 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
TammiGirl
Quote:

You wouldn't include it in any other discussion where it applies, I'm sure. Are you anti-war? Or is a life only a life if it isn't brown and living in the Middle East? Should we bomb Iranian reactors to keep them from getting nuclear weapons, even though many "life is a lives" might be lost? How about executions? A life is a life, unless the state takes it?

Quote:

Quote:
And I don't give a damn what the scientists or experts say about that because I firmly believe that life begins at conception.

Well then there's not much point in this discussion is there? I mean, if we want to debate the shape of the Earth, and you think it's flat, and you firmly believe that no matter what scientists and experts tell you, then there's really not much reasoning with you.

Quote:

Would you shoot a rapist to keep him from raping you? I would, even though if he just rapes me, then no life is lost. I'm not going to spread my legs for some perv just because "a life is a life." Some lives make themselves killably inconvenient for others, if you consider cell-clusters and pre-developed tissue a life.

Quote:

Yes, I have. My friend Janet was date-raped when she was 16. She got pregnant from it too. What happened to her destroyed her life. After the rape she was a totally different person. She didn't want to talk to anyone, she started doing drugs, she tried to kill herself. We worked really hard, me, her friends, her family, just to bring her back from going off the rails. When she found out she was pregnant she nearly went off again. She actually said to me "Tammi, I was starting to put this all behind me. Now every morning I wake up and "it" is there, and I just want to die all over again." She couldn't have this kid. She couldn't wake up every day with that reminder still there, still inside her. So, she had an abortion. I asked her about it once, and she told me she had no regrets. She said even if it was a "life," if she'd carried that thing any longer she would have killed herself before ever delivering. So, add that up, what's one fetus plus one woman? Hint, that's 2 lives. At least she saved one.

And what do you think you were when you were developing in your mothers uterus. I mean its your choice to support what you want, but you were just a zygote too. Unborn children can't speak for them selves but if they could what do you think they would say?

In the time it took you to look back over this thread to search for a different person to pick a fight with, you could have gone and looked up the answer to my question.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
TammiGirl
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In the time it took you to look back over this thread to search for a different person to pick a fight with, you could have gone and looked up the answer to my question.

Ahahahaha I ain't fighting no one. I'm just responding to her answer.  

Drarksupersaiyan

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Drarksupersaiyan
TammiGirl
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ahahahaha I ain't fighting no one. I'm just responding to her answer.

No, why don't you go ahead and respond to Lord Bitememan's question about 5 year survival rates. I'd much rather see you answer that.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff