Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Ragnok OOC Forum Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like the roleplay so far?
  Love it!
  Pretty Good
  So-so
  Could be better
  Don't like it
  I LIKE GOLD!!!
View Results

Sassy Stormy Sky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 pm
same here

Jane Marie Law, Author of Puppets of Nostalgia and Professor at Cornell University

Blaine Matulevich, music producer and scientist at Jet Propulsion Laboratories

funny thing is Blaine is my age. I went to elementary with him in 2nd grade and had the biggest crush on him XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 am
Well now that you mention it I'm thinking of remaking, I'm just lazy about havin to copy paste everything. I suppose I can just motivate my butt to do it right now..

so anyway you've all got a standing invite to it.

my school starts never, by the way. I stopped going to college.

Ok I got it all copied, someone delete it already.  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 am
I know about dying role plays; they make me cry. xp Sagewind was such a fun RP, but now the maker won't write anymore cause he's getting bored, so I'm stuck making things work. It's really frustrating. I'm losing all my motivation to write there, which sucks because Kaila and my character Alvira Frost were my favorite characters that I ever solely created for a role play. stare *Huge muttering under breath*
Btw, Fsuon looks WAY cool!
Quote:
I'm agnostic because organized religion feels fake to me. I figure if there is some being out there, it doesn't matter if I know their name or anything. They'll hear me when I pray and answer me when I need it most. As long as i'm being the best me I can be, then i'm in the clear.

Some people make it that way, and I hate that. I'm a Christian, and I've seen a lot of churches that don't even preach out of the Bible. It doesn't make sense! I'm finally at this church with an amazing preacher who understands that big churches are so impersonal and (sometimes) (usually) hypocritical, so he does so much to make smaller groups whenever we do things. You get to know people closely: their struggles, their life, what they love, and stuff, and you grow together. I think that's why you need other people with you in a church, not for the brownie points of being able to say "I went to church this week, therefore I am much more righteous-er than thou art."

You know what I mean? And that's true, God wants the heart, not something fake. I know what you mean about praying to him and him answering, but don't you think a God would like you to know about him? That's what church is for. They can't force a relationship with God on you, but they can at least teach you the amazing things he's done.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:09 am
I'm a Christian man myself, but I see no reason to set foot inside a church, as my ego and arrogance clashes with what the preacher has to say. As for my religious beliefs, I don't mind sharing.

I follow religion in a Medieval mindset. It's great because it allows you to point out all the bullshit and hypocrisy that exists today. Now personally, I don't seek to shoot down any one persons views, as I have respect for what everyone believes, but on a whole, that's how I see things. Also, let's face it. if you think of religion in Medieval terms, everything's a lot simpler to understand. None of the mixed-up terminologies today.

Anyway, There's a line from Kingdom of Heaven. Yes, it's a movie, yes, it's a line in the script, but I find it's absolutely crucial to have when faced with a tough moral decision and I think it should be shared.

"All God desires is here (Head) and here. (chest) And by what you decide to do every day, you will be judged a good man. Or not."  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 am
I like it; that's a pretty good line. ^^ However comma! *pulls out a rapier from pocket and lunges* "Ego" *slash* and "arrogance" *thwack!* is exactly what the Bible preaches against! (I Like that movie by the way. I remember watching it, and being amazed by how much fake blood splattered everywhere in the fight scenes. o_o )

Hahahaha. For me, I love church simply cause it realigns me where I need to be. (Does NOT mean every fellow church-goer is the same.) Sometimes it's too easy to not trust God on anything but what I like to call a Coke Machine Request. You ask for a soda, and insert 4 quarters, hoping it will just pop out. eek Everything--thanks, kindness to others, good deeds--just end there now that you've got what you want. That's exactly the wrong way to go about things (for obvious reasons, one of them being smile , cause whenever I don't need His help, I find myself ignoring Him completely. Which is bad. u_u Church helps me to say, "Hark! I need to do more than simply ask for things!"
*brandishes out shiny rapier* Duel anyone? =D  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:47 am
I'm agnostic as well, so I have nothing against any kind of religion. I've also never been to church. I just go around being a good person in general. I believe that if you do good deeds, you'll be rewarded somewhere down the line in some way, shape, or form. But don't do good deeds just so that you'll be rewarded or expect a reward. And if you're bad, you'll get nowhere in life. I believe that there may be some kind of higher power, but I can't say exactly what or who it could be.
P.S. No one is allowed to leave the roleplay because of conflicting religious views. I've seen religious discussions get ugly and I really hope that doesn't happen here.  

Derpzilla88

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm
The Crusades

All this religious talk inspired me to go make a new RP about The Crusades. Go check it out and make a character if ya think ya might enjoy iy.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm
Eh, i've religion hopped so much that I don't know what's what. I mean, i'm not saying anyone is wrong, but i'm not saying anyone is right, either. It's just the whole thing about how do you know that christianity is right, or wiccan, or jehova witness. I mean, to people in those religions, that religion is right, the others are wrong.

......i'm a little too open-minded to believe everyone but me is wrong. The way i think of it is just easier. That's kinda why I don't think whatever it is out there cares if I really know who/what they are. They know I know they're out there and when they want to show themselves, they will. Untill then, i'll just be the best me I can be and thank them for the help they give me when I need it.

XD Aenwyrm, you make me laugh. I dunno why, you just do.

((no offense meant or taken during this talk, btw. I like hearing other people's views as long as you don't try to make me eat them. =] ))  

Sassy Stormy Sky

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 pm
Well at least I'm providing free entertainment, I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 pm
haha, you people make me want to cook for you, pop in some sort of funny movie and chill together XD

now if only people in RL were this cool stare
by now people would be telling me i'm going to hell for not believing in jesus christ.  

Sassy Stormy Sky

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:32 am
I am this cool in RL, what are you talking about....=/

Don't worry about what other people have or haven't told you.

By the way......

You're going to hell. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:42 pm
haha, frankly if I'm going to hell for being the best me i can be

i'm pretty much okay with that. XD  

Sassy Stormy Sky

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:29 pm
Hahaha, Kmart! I have no intention of that. =} And no offense meant to everyone else here. <3
I appreciate when people can talk without being rediculous. <3 I think we need to create a mass Rude People's Anonymous sometime and help people with their problems. xd Think it would work?

Haha. What I think is cool about Christianity is that it's pretty much the only religion that going to heaven isn't totally work-based. We DO good works as a result of WANTING to do them because of being saved, but it's not the "I can save myself" part that other religions tend to have. Think about it. Every religion is about working your way to heaven through all these wonderful things you do, but it's a requirement, of sorts. You know? Islam, some Catholic churches, most Mormons, Buddhism, etc. (NO offense meant at all if you are!!!!!) Our salvation is due to the kindness of our God, and the fact that we are so imperfect, that there is no way we could work our way up to heaven.

Thus we do good things in thanks of the gift. =D Because, you see, we're thankful.

((By the way, Aenwyrm, The Crusades are the biggest black smear on the name of Christianity/Catholics ever, besides like the Inquisition! (was that what it was called?) xd xd xd Some popes needed a reason to take over some land and decided to give it religious reasons to gain popular trust... LOLOLOL. This was around the same time that the only people who had copies of the Bible were the priests/bishops/etc, so they would often twist the words or mistranslate it to get money, status, or whatever. For ex, changing "Blessed is the man AMONG women" to "Blessed is the man ABOVE women." gonk So sad!))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm
=/ Don't kill it for me...You're gonna make me want to have it deleted.  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Zaine93

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm
Let me just say, If God is humorless Im screwed XD

Though I may not go to hell because my friends tell me I would take control.................lmao  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff