Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Spider-Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm
~Xiloscent~
GuruGuru214
nirvanafan

Wait, they took out a scene where Link eats Ganondorf's heart? That's bull.

Anyway, I'm having issues with wanting this game. The main reason I would get it is to play 1 & 2 with the Wii controls, but is it all really worth it? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I figger unless you haven't played 1 or 2 or both, that's why you'd get it. Otherwise it sounds like money that could be used on brand new games. (Like Resident Evil: The Dark Side Chronicles) I love the Prime series, but I'm about burnt out on trying to find 100% of the items, I don't think I can do it three more times.

I think I'll just go through the originals on Hard if I want something new.

It's worth it. Oh, is it ever worth it. And really, the new game you would get instead is a rail shooter that could and should have been a remake based on the RE4 Wii Edition engine?

My issues with Capcom aside, the new controls make the GameCube games feel totally different. I'm finding myself going through the same familiar areas, doing things I never would've managed on the GameCube. Things like running and aiming at the same time, and really the whole experience is exhilarating.

Plus there's been a few surprises. The Chozo Lore and Pirate Logs are the PAL version, which I've never taken the time to read before now, and I've been running into enemies in places I'm not expecting them. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Hunter Metroid in the Frost Cave that I always heard about but never saw.

My only real complaint is that you can't get the screenshot tool until you've played enough of all three games to get an orange credit from Prime, two purple credits from Echoes, and three red credits, a blue credit, two yellow credits, and two friend credits from Corruption, so if you're playing all three back to back like I am, you can't get the screenshot tool until a bit into the last game.

If nothing else, I'd suggest you at least rent it and at least give it a chance before you pass it up as "a game you've played before". You might be surprised.
i'll also add tha on a few bosses, you might find a couple new suprises. i know i did, and i know MP1 through and through.
Alright. I'll take your word for it. I do love those games, so it's not a problem to play them again. But still, renting is probably what I'll do. Until it's available used.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:49 pm
~Xiloscent~
GuruGuru214
nirvanafan

Anyway, I'm having issues with wanting this game. The main reason I would get it is to play 1 & 2 with the Wii controls, but is it all really worth it? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I figger unless you haven't played 1 or 2 or both, that's why you'd get it. Otherwise it sounds like money that could be used on brand new games. (Like Resident Evil: The Dark Side Chronicles) I love the Prime series, but I'm about burnt out on trying to find 100% of the items, I don't think I can do it three more times.

It's worth it. Oh, is it ever worth it. And really, the new game you would get instead is a rail shooter that could and should have been a remake based on the RE4 Wii Edition engine?

My issues with Capcom aside, the new controls make the GameCube games feel totally different. I'm finding myself going through the same familiar areas, doing things I never would've managed on the GameCube. Things like running and aiming at the same time, and really the whole experience is exhilarating.

Plus there's been a few surprises. The Chozo Lore and Pirate Logs are the PAL version, which I've never taken the time to read before now, and I've been running into enemies in places I'm not expecting them. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Hunter Metroid in the Frost Cave that I always heard about but never saw.

My only real complaint is that you can't get the screenshot tool until you've played enough of all three games to get an orange credit from Prime, two purple credits from Echoes, and three red credits, a blue credit, two yellow credits, and two friend credits from Corruption, so if you're playing all three back to back like I am, you can't get the screenshot tool until a bit into the last game.

If nothing else, I'd suggest you at least rent it and at least give it a chance before you pass it up as "a game you've played before". You might be surprised.
i'll also add tha on a few bosses, you might find a couple new suprises. i know i did, and i know MP1 through and through.

I just finished Prime a couple hours ago, and I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. A few were a little more difficult because I wasn't automatically targeting what I was locked on to, and Ridley's AI seemed to have a different frequency for its attacks than I'm used to, but they were still the same attacks. Really, other than those Hunter Metroids in Phendrana, the only surprise I really had was the Fission Metroids in the Phazon Mines, since I've never seen those outside of the Impact Crater before now. What was it that surprised you?

Also, I learned something tonight. I was missing a few logbook entries and ended up in completely the wrong area because I used the same guide I usually use to figure out which Pirate Data I was missing. Since the log book follows the PAL version of the game, even the creatures are out of order from the NTSC GameCube versions, so you have to use the "EU" log book guide. I ended up looking in Research Lab Hydra in Phendrana for the two Pirate Data entires I missed in the Phazon Mines.

Plus the three different kinds of missile ammo were a pain in the a** to track down and scan.  

GuruGuru214

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 am
GuruGuru214
~Xiloscent~
GuruGuru214
nirvanafan

I just finished Prime a couple hours ago, and I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. A few were a little more difficult because I wasn't automatically targeting what I was locked on to, and Ridley's AI seemed to have a different frequency for its attacks than I'm used to, but they were still the same attacks. Really, other than those Hunter Metroids in Phendrana, the only surprise I really had was the Fission Metroids in the Phazon Mines, since I've never seen those outside of the Impact Crater before now. What was it that surprised you?

Also, I learned something tonight. I was missing a few logbook entries and ended up in completely the wrong area because I used the same guide I usually use to figure out which Pirate Data I was missing. Since the log book follows the PAL version of the game, even the creatures are out of order from the NTSC GameCube versions, so you have to use the "EU" log book guide. I ended up looking in Research Lab Hydra in Phendrana for the two Pirate Data entires I missed in the Phazon Mines.

Plus the three different kinds of missile ammo were a pain in the a** to track down and scan.
ridley never had the flaming stomp, on any difficulty.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:01 pm
~Xiloscent~
GuruGuru214
~Xiloscent~
GuruGuru214
nirvanafan

ridley never had the flaming stomp, on any difficulty.

I'd thought the stomp attack was crucial for speed runners who used the boost ball to burn Ridley's wings off more quickly (which I still haven't managed to do), but that it was just less frequent in my version. I definitely noticed something different going on with it, though.  

GuruGuru214

Apocalyptic Survivor

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:22 am
I bought it, and so far... It is kick-a**! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:29 pm
I'm still trying to sell my old ones for a price that will help me get this >.>  

vidjagames

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces