Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why did it get canceled? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaturnGrl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:58 pm
The series ended because Toei, the company that animated, produced and licenced the anime, contract expired for the series, as did their marketing licence. So the series was ended by legal rights. As someone mentioned earlier, all good things must come to an end...but I say, Let them live on in the fans!

Yeah, America canceled it due to the fact they could barely cover up the lesbianism of Haruka and Michiru. Not to mention, the way they interacted and calling them "cousins" made it look more like insest! Which is worse! xd
And they couldn't figure out how to cover up the whole thing in Stars about how three guys henshin into three women...dressed like dominatrix! Really...how DO you explain that to your kids?! rofl

To be honest, the series was never meant to be directed at children. It was directed mostly to ages 14 and up in Japan. But then again, Japanese kids are raised differently. They can handle the whole nudity, suggestive sexual instances, and other uncut features much more easilly than american youth. Got to admit, the society of America is vastly immature compared to other countries.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:38 am
SaturnGrl
The series ended because Toei, the company that animated, produced and licenced the anime, contract expired for the series, as did their marketing licence. So the series was ended by legal rights. As someone mentioned earlier, all good things must come to an end...but I say, Let them live on in the fans!

Yeah, America canceled it due to the fact they could barely cover up the lesbianism of Haruka and Michiru. Not to mention, the way they interacted and calling them "cousins" made it look more like insest! Which is worse! xd
And they couldn't figure out how to cover up the whole thing in Stars about how three guys henshin into three women...dressed like dominatrix! Really...how DO you explain that to your kids?! rofl

To be honest, the series was never meant to be directed at children. It was directed mostly to ages 14 and up in Japan. But then again, Japanese kids are raised differently. They can handle the whole nudity, suggestive sexual instances, and other uncut features much more easilly than american youth. Got to admit, the society of America is vastly immature compared to other countries.

Yes, I totally agree with the last paragraph. Like it's normal and may be consider cute to see a homosexual couple, and most of Japan smoke, and cousins having crushes on cousins is pretty normal too (like in Card Captor Sakura) In Stars, I kinda doubt they can keep up with making Sailormoon as "innocent" as i suppose to be. But people can still buy it for DVD...and as for the Stars... I bet you can buy the sub somewhere ^___^ The majority of anime here are mostly on DVDs anyway... so if you wanna watch the good stuff and not the bad dubs, really have no choice but to really buy it ^__^U  

Minah-myu

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:12 pm
princess_shinome
RAPTOR948
fortunately for us all SM has been released on DVD by Geneon, though I read the back of some of the boxes, Japanese and English diologue mentioned, uncut hopefully. if some dipsh*t screws it up and labels everything to be super kid friendly it'll burn me up as much as some stupid shinanigans. stupid crap really burns me up.

I doubt they'll mess with it, definatly if it's something you buy.
Plus the Japanese DVD's never have cut out anything from the ones I've had so far.

well, I think I could go and purchase the subbed or fandubs online, dunno, but if Geneon did the right thing with SM and used the original Japanese footage and got rid of the crap that Dic and Cloverway tossed in to butcher it, then I'll buy more, they did a bang up job on Samurai Champloo, and on Paranoia Agent.

Curaia-Chan
MistressofHeaven
They could explain everything up to season 5. It's next to impossible to explain the Sailor Star Scouts in a way that would be acceptable to American audiences. Think about it. Transgender scouts? rofl rofl rofl

that would be very hard to explain to american audiences....think about it

easy for me, some kids are actually smart enough(like when I was that young, and in a more recent example, my neices and nephiews) to understand the easiest explanation. the Starlights are from another world, in other words, they're Aliens, and much like some African frogs, the three Sailor Starlights can change between being Male and Female at will.

they're at their most powerful as women, but their disguise as guys makes their fame less suspicious.

I could explain that to my neices and nephiews easy, I just need to raise my voice over theirs and tell them to listen, then they'll listen to what they're being told, it takes a firm tone to get them to listen, nothing more, they listen good. ^_^ all you need to do is explain the truth, and to quote the Black Eyed Peas "if you dont know truth then you dont know love". ^_^ ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:17 pm
Yah, but all anime shown on American television is cleaned up... language, sexuality, everything- anime here is considered a cartoon and therefore 'it's for kids' when in reality, anime and manga in Japan is watched and read by everyone...

it doesn't translate well into our culture.  

Astridhaze

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:08 pm
lightsenshi
Zahmira
It's an old show. The stations wanted to show new anime.

DBZ is very old and it's still going... My opinion is that it got very mature very quickly and the attempt was made to turn it into a kiddy show. Which it really isn't.
And now they show uncut DBZ @ 6:30 central time! (I'm in TX) O_o  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:01 pm
Venombabe
lightsenshi
Zahmira

DBZ is very old and it's still going... My opinion is that it got very mature very quickly and the attempt was made to turn it into a kiddy show. Which it really isn't.

they do? intresting...just how "uncut" are they? i mean they might just say that just to get ppl to watch it... sweatdrop who knows?

but the point is, if that is true, then why not for sailor moon? jeeze...even on television like reality television they show ppl who are gay or lez on tv nowadays...so it's not really such a horrible thing to release sailor moon on once again...aii...  

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

MutantBunnyPrincess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 am
I started off watching Sailor Moon on Fox when I was younger but as I grew up I started watching it in the Mexican channels instead. The American version was soo heavily edited while in Mexico they would show all anime uncut, unedited in the evening. I despised the American version for 2 reasons: the editing and the horrible dubbed voices.
Anyway, in an earlier post someone mentioned how it is so wrong to show unedited anime and yet you could turn the channel to MTV in the middle of the day and most likely they are showing some dumb reality show like "Room Raiders" where there are dumb college kids talking about sex as if it was all there is to life. rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:24 pm
America is the one place that thinks things like that shouldnt be in the States but they allow other people to smoke drink and abuse kids .. If there something good about that then they are crazy.  

Number XVIII_Cattrix

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:51 pm
Shyao_Sorceress
Venombabe
lightsenshi
Zahmira

they do? intresting...just how "uncut" are they? i mean they might just say that just to get ppl to watch it... sweatdrop who knows?

but the point is, if that is true, then why not for sailor moon? jeeze...even on television like reality television they show ppl who are gay or lez on tv nowadays...so it's not really such a horrible thing to release sailor moon on once again...aii...
No cussing, but nudity (and imagine, this is GUYS o_O) and blood  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:38 pm
well, it's pretty lame that an older anime gets more air time than a newer one, regardless of episode number, or movie number, it's about the fans! we should petition that CN puts SM back on, even if just the Japanese version with subtitles and aired on Adult Swim, I'd watch! I watch Adult Swim anyways at night. ninja  

RAPTOR948

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:08 am
RAPTOR948
well, it's pretty lame that an older anime gets more air time than a newer one, regardless of episode number, or movie number, it's about the fans! we should petition that CN puts SM back on, even if just the Japanese version with subtitles and aired on Adult Swim, I'd watch! I watch Adult Swim anyways at night. ninja

i agree!! let start the petition! ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:26 pm
Shyao_Sorceress
RAPTOR948

i agree!! let start the petition! ninja

okay then, we just state what the petition is about and send it right? ninja  

RAPTOR948

Bishojo_Senshi1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:00 pm
"All I know is that Cartoonnetwork thought that some of the nudity and bisexual scenes were to much but either way the rating for Sailor Moon was through the roof. Sailor Moon was only what girls could watch in there opinion and so they canceled it out and replaced it with Hamtoaro which they thought would bring more boys to watch it. Also DiC couldn't afford to air Sailor Moon on Cartoonnetwork but there was many supporting fans trying to bring the show back like in 1992 when the show was canceled then but brought back. Many people thought DiC could have aired Sailor Moon on Fox kids or something but they choosed not to. July 25,2005 was the last day companies would stop making Sailor Moon products and back in 2004 is when they stopped airing it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:45 am
Bishojo_Senshi1
"All I know is that Cartoonnetwork thought that some of the nudity and bisexual scenes were to much but either way the rating for Sailor Moon was through the roof. Sailor Moon was only what girls could watch in there opinion and so they canceled it out and replaced it with Hamtoaro which they thought would bring more boys to watch it. Also DiC couldn't afford to air Sailor Moon on Cartoonnetwork but there was many supporting fans trying to bring the show back like in 1992 when the show was canceled then but brought back. Many people thought DiC could have aired Sailor Moon on Fox kids or something but they choosed not to. July 25,2005 was the last day companies would stop making Sailor Moon products and back in 2004 is when they stopped airing it.
well maybe ADV is selling the subtitled series and then we can pick em up. I liked how it was with the Japanese diologue still in tact.  

RAPTOR948

Number XVIII_Cattrix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:47 am
I am for a petiton anytime for Sailor moon and I have the perfect name SOS ( Save our Sailors Pettion 2 ) because that was the name of the orgianl and we want Sailor Moon back. If we do put my name on it Megan .  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff