Welcome to Gaia! ::

B.O.O. GUILD REVIVED

Back to Guilds

WE'RE BACK BABY 

Tags: OVERSEER, GUILD, BOOG, UILD, PLS BOOGUILD 

Reply Korra
No more "I don't like the announcements" threads. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

floraIwitch
Vice Captain

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 pm
ZOMBIE MEEKS
anyone who doesnt like the announcements is a big fatt poopy head!!
truest statement evar.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 pm
I kinda like the announcements.
They're entertaining =/
I honestly think those who have such an issue with it need to suck it up. It's only one a day, not too bad. I get quite a few announcements from other guilds that I don't even remember joining that are A LOT more annoying.

I did my best to word this so I'm not attacking anyone. I don't feel like fighting -.-  

Absolute Harlequin

Dolphing

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:20 pm
I wanna keep my skin forever!!!

But... like it says in the first post

Goodbye.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 pm
Exaclty what would be the point  

opal_sweettarts

Lord Pain the Destroyer

Aged Tycoon

3,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm
I think it's funny haven random announcments i mean its better then having a guild where everything dies not even the slightest an announcment or anything  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:18 pm
Ichijin Oroshi
ZOMBIE MEEKS
truest statement evar.

That's not a statement and it's hardly mature at all. Personally, I don't like the daily announcements, I find them annoying sometimes. Obviously, we all know that other people don't like them either but some people do i.e. most of the people in this thread. But that doesn't mean we should both make threads saying that you should leave if you dont like them or make threads protesting against them. That also doesn't mean that you should be calling other people "fat poopy heads" or "bitches" because they don't express the same views as you. I'm sure that if I can handle the announcements -because I'm not exactly a tolerant person- the general populace can as well. I'm rebuffing both the people that have made numerous protests against the announcements and those that like the announcements but are too callous to put what they want into nicer wording.

dawnwolfee

Beloved Lunatic

holyshadow2026

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 pm
My personal opinion as a loyal member of this guild is if you don't like them complain about them but don't make them hurtful against the people that are doing them. And the people that don't like the complainers don't be hurtful towards them because there stating there opinion just ignore it. I like the announcements my self there random and sometimes funny. I think they make this guild unique.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:43 pm
dawnwolfee
That's not a statement and it's hardly mature at all. Personally, I don't like the daily announcements, I find them annoying sometimes. Obviously, we all know that other people don't like them either but some people do i.e. most of the people in this thread. But that doesn't mean we should both make threads saying that you should leave if you dont like them or make threads protesting against them. That also doesn't mean that you should be calling other people "fat poopy heads" or "bitches" because they don't express the same views as you. I'm sure that if I can handle the announcements -because I'm not exactly a tolerant person- the general populace can as well. I'm rebuffing both the people that have made numerous protests against the announcements and those that like the announcements but are too callous to put what they want into nicer wording.

I wonder if anyone will find this text...

ಠ_ಠ
I am unable to live my life without Teh Savior's announcements. I often venture to the courtyards to sing praises of him to the homeless children.

Oh, and clinging to "maturity" will only leave you with stress and unhappiness. Many of the people labeled as "immature" are simply letting go of common standards so they can amuse themselves on the internet, where their reputations won't be tarnished. Grow some balls and laugh.

Formal Rice Farmer

Quotable Noob

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 pm
Overlord Mathias
dawnwolfee

I wonder if anyone will find this text...

ಠ_ಠ
I am unable to live my life without Teh Savior's announcements. I often venture to the courtyards to sing praises of him to the homeless children.

Oh, and clinging to "maturity" will only leave you with stress and unhappiness. Many of the people labeled as "immature" are simply letting go of common standards so they can amuse themselves on the internet, where their reputations won't be tarnished. Grow some balls and laugh.

Nicely put. Couldnt have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 pm
KeJoRo
Bacchus SatyrHart Lobstyr
I'm totally in agreement with the sentiment of your gang. I just felt it was getting boring hearing you ask people to leave. I hate repetitive posts. You just were getting to be guilty of the sin of repetition.
I don't know enough about guilds to know whether or not Teh Savior was trying to drive people away so that he could kill the guild or not. If he intends to stay, Yay! I've liked him from the start and he is hilarious and I loved the Rickroll post. I didn't love the announcement asking people to leave and saying there's no point to this guild anymore. It felt like a slap to the face of those who wanted to stay. And being new to Gaia didn't help me to understand.

Don't hate the new people. The only way they can become veterans is by being Led.

Are my posts repetative and boring?

Yes, yes they are. Please stop it with your attitude toward this. You're new, as am I, but you don't see me going around saying "This is how it should be". Also, when did he tell anyone to leave? I've just this very second checked the backlog of announcements and not a single one of them says "Please leave the guild". Not even close. Nobody is hating you because you're new, they don't hate me. If anyone hates you at all, it will be because of the fact that you're acting like a complete prat.

Actions speek louder than words:(and here's an action and words)

Teh Savior
Captain

I think I got 500 people to ragequit yesterday
okay now what can i do to bother people

uh
I DON'T LIKE TWILIGHT 8D

oh boy this is gonna' be great

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone. It feels like an attack on us.
I'm not a stupid person. I understand that there is a possibility that he is joking about the way people are leaving because they dont like the posts. He would be right if he felt attacked by these people. He has every right to speak his mind and not feel attacked daily for being funny (which he undoubtably is) or any emotion he wants to convey.
But if he doesn't feel attacked and we can take him just at face value, it seems like he is trying to get people to quit.
It's a matter of perspective. It can be taken two ways. Like bullying. From the bully's perspective they're trying to get the nerds to chill, act cool. From the point of view of the nerd, it can seem that every little giggled whisper is an attack. Both views do not take into account the other's perspective.

I do not know what Teh Savior's intent is. I can see two possibilities. There may be some third option that I can't see. I plead with whoever is posting his announcements while his laptop is down, to ask him to let us know. I am one nerd who would like to chill.  

OG Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm
KeJoRo
I'm totally in agreement with the sentiment of your gang. I just felt it was getting boring hearing you ask people to leave. I hate repetitive posts. You just were getting to be guilty of the sin of repetition.
I don't know enough about guilds to know whether or not Teh Savior was trying to drive people away so that he could kill the guild or not. If he intends to stay, Yay! I've liked him from the start and he is hilarious and I loved the Rickroll post. I didn't love the announcement asking people to leave and saying there's no point to this guild anymore. It felt like a slap to the face of those who wanted to stay. And being new to Gaia didn't help me to understand.

Don't hate the new people. The only way they can become veterans is by being Led.

Are my posts repetative and boring?

Yes, yes they are. Please stop it with your attitude toward this. You're new, as am I, but you don't see me going around saying "This is how it should be". Also, when did he tell anyone to leave? I've just this very second checked the backlog of announcements and not a single one of them says "Please leave the guild". Not even close. Nobody is hating you because you're new, they don't hate me. If anyone hates you at all, it will be because of the fact that you're acting like a complete prat.

Actions speek louder than words:(and here's an action and words)

Teh Savior
Captain

I think I got 500 people to ragequit yesterday
okay now what can i do to bother people

uh
I DON'T LIKE TWILIGHT 8D

oh boy this is gonna' be great

Bacchus seriously, give it a rest. We have already discussed this multiple times, and you quoting sheit wont change nothing.

And BTW, nowhere in your quotes does it show Teh Savior saying "Please leave the guild." So I dont know why you even quoted that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Dog Fashion Disco

I speak for myself, and myself alone. You're going to have to learn one day that Craig, or Savior as you know him; didn't make this guild with all intentions of following through with the event. In all honesty. I'd love to run this guild, without the announcements, to cause less.. confrontations. But seeing as how the event is over, the guild really doesn't serve a purpose. I understand that you'd like to stay. I apologize for asking, no, telling you to leave. I get annoyed with repetition. When I saw your thread, I honestly thought it was another of the bunch. So once again, I apologize. :[

KeJoRo

I'm not attacking, I'm defending. You have explained yourself and that is fair enough. I'm not even a mod, never mind the leader and I it's my post that you quoted. I certainly do not speak for teh saviour, as you should know. It is also hard to read your post as you "intended" when it is so full of things that look as though you are saying that we need a new leader. Teh Saviour does as he pleases, as I would in his situation. Note that I haven't asked you to leave. I don't intend you to leave by my accord, I would like you to stop posting utter crap. Your last post was ok, I won't get you wrong there. Carry on in that vain and you won't have anyone breathing down your neck. Oh and also, Teh Saviour is silent because his laptop is broken. His last announcement told us all that. The bold was for all those who have disabled the announcement's because they find them annoying and not specifically aimed at you.

Fair enough. I accept apologies where they are given and apologise for my seeming to attack. I don't like strife. I said I thrive on criticism; it's because it gives me an oportunity to explain myself better if I have made mistakes in my wording. Please, KeJoRo, do not take my last post as an attack. First, I really like both of your manners of explaining the way things are. That makes me like both of you as people. Second, if Craig is really a nice guy, it makes me want to stick around and get to see it. I've already seen many examples, but I still have questions about his manner.  

OG Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

XD Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 pm
Dayum... Ok, I don't care what anyone says. RANDOM IS FUNNY!
>_<
Random is what makes the world go round!
I mean... toadrocket or w/e?
That was hilarious....
xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 pm
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
[
Bacchus seriously, give it a rest. We have already discussed this multiple times, and you quoting sheit wont change nothing.

And BTW, nowhere in your quotes does it show Teh Savior saying "Please leave the guild." So I dont know why you even quoted that.

Don't take everything at face value.
Read.
Interpret
Think

I wish you would give this attacking attitude a rest. Profanity is not an acceptable way to communicate. Commanding people to stop doing something is not productive. I've explained myself enough so that by now you should understand my intent. I think that you are the only one left who still insists on attacking me. I'm not attacking you. I'm trying my best to understand our leader's intent, which I can't believe you know any better than I, because all you do is tell people to shut up (not an exact quote, it's the subtext to your words, just as the subtext to Craig's words could be: "I want you people who don't understand me to leave"). Please, read through my posts and the replies to my posts again. If I seem to be beating a dead horse, I can assure you I am not. I just don't want to feel like I'm being attacked every day.  

OG Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

Sir Fapcelot

Trash Gentleman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:50 pm
ZOMBIE MEEKS

NUser Image U  
Korra

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces