Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Personal Issues [LOCKED]
Religious Issues Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:39 pm
Haha and here goes the debate. First off, I believe everyone BELIEVES in a higher power. Satan, devils, demons, and all sorts of other creatures KNOW there is a higher being, but in coming to eternal life, you must admit that he is the higher power and relenquish your life and power to him, which is why Satan is not accepted into Heaven. If you read properly, the Devil actually CHOSE to leave heaven basically by continuing on his evil was.

Another thing you said, with the whole "God can't watch everyone" speech: This came with the same arguement as people trying to disprove Noah's Ark. People completely take off the Godly aspects of any someone may believe in, and bases their beliefs off of worldly proof instead of on the fact that God can control what goes on and can change anything at anytime.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:44 pm
Huntur
Haha and here goes the debate. First off, I believe everyone BELIEVES in a higher power. Satan, devils, demons, and all sorts of other creatures KNOW there is a higher being, but in coming to eternal life, you must admit that he is the higher power and relenquish your life and power to him, which is why Satan is not accepted into Heaven. If you read properly, the Devil actually CHOSE to leave heaven basically by continuing on his evil was.

Another thing you said, with the whole "God can't watch everyone" speech: This came with the same arguement as people trying to disprove Noah's Ark. People completely take off the Godly aspects of any someone may believe in, and bases their beliefs off of worldly proof instead of on the fact that God can control what goes on and can change anything at anytime.

Athiests don't believe there is a higher power.  

Scrapples

Profitable Smoker

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200

Mikasa Ackerman Jaegar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm
Huntur
LunaBravenheart
I will announce my faith right here, and whether you wish to answer or not is your own cause.:

This is me...

I am in all loyalty, a Christian. But sometimes, even I feel mixed about my faith. I was baptised as a Roman Catholic, but do not always believe in the same views and "rules" as the Roman Catholics do. This however, does not phase me. I believe there is one God with many names. Allah, Father, Almighty, and many more. He created his son, Jesus, from his soul so that he may tell us how to get to Paradise, and when his job was over he would be betrayed and put on the cross, in order to open the gates of heaven and let us be with him there in paradise when we die. What I don't believe is that there are saints and that we should have to pray to Mary. I chose to pick a saint name under initiation of the church, but I feel my views are more Lutheran in persepctive. I also strongly DO NOT believe in pergatory, there is no middle, you either believe in God or your don't. I also don't believe in formal confession, what you have done is between you and God alone. I have accepted that many of my friends are Atheist, Muslim, Jewish, and so on, and my heart does cry out to them, but I do not wish to force them because it is there heart's choice and theirs alone what they do and do not believe. As for why there is war, sickness, dying, pain and so on I believe there must be balence in this world. Because there is also so much hapiness, love, and joy to match the darkness. I believe for the 50% of darkness in this world there is 50% of light fighting right back. I accepted Jesus in to my heart when I was young, I have been fighting the darkness for 9 or so years. I have met so many people, have done so many things, and have made so many accomplishments because I believe God has been their to guide me the whole way. God will not burden us with more than we can carry. Yes, I profess that I am scared of death, terrified actually, but when I die I can truthfully say I am going to be in heaven with God, my family, and friends who also took God into their hearts and fought the darkness. As for the Bible, I believe it is our battleguide..no, it is our sword. It's the only "weapon" we Christians hold so dear to our hearts.

Im sorry this is so long, but it has been on my heart for so long. Thanks to whoever put this up.

Great job. I am glad you have accepted Jesus. I agree with most everything you have said and look forward to RP'ing with you, as you seem like a really cool person.

Thank you, I felt akward writing at first, but it was my first actual act of boldness in Christ it felt pure. And I look foward to Rping with you too, what village are you from? Im taking the chunnin exams so maybe well cross paths one day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 pm
claru gardeford
Scratch my first post I was tired. I'm a lutheran and thats what I believe, but I don't push my religon on others because if those other people were meant to be like us why would god make those religions.

Basically my whole group of friends are Lutheran, I go to a Lutheran youth group, and though im a "Roman Catholic" I believe in a lot of Lutheran practices. I mean, we both believe in the same God right?  

Mikasa Ackerman Jaegar

Oni_Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am
If you look at the board aspect of all of the Religions, we all belive in the same God. Even in Elemental cultures, there is always one thing that stands out above everything else, or is higher than everything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 am
Metaphorically Insane
I'm an atheist, and in my school I'm one out of very few. A lot of people are bashing me about being one (verbally), and it's bothering me a lot. Religious extremists and nut jobs live at my school, so it's really annoying.

Give me a smart come back that'll baffle them, or something. >_>;;

ah, thats nothing, you've heard leonard bah me for my jew-ness right?

((leonard is the tall stubby mexican dude who follows me))  

The Extra Syllable

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 am
I am baptized Calvinist, but I am not sure if it is my true religion. I have a lot of doubts concerning religion, but I do believe there is a God. Whoever he is, Allah or God or maybe even Boedhha, I don't know. I just can't accept that there is nothing, that all we see now is just a joke of nature. But nowadays it's hard to devide truth from lie. I seriously doubted that Jesus was the son of God, since there is some sort of proof that he was just a prophet, as stated in the Koran. It's true he did things that aren't possible, but there still are prophets who can do things in the same extend.
Just some other thing I find very weird, is praying. Why pray with your hands fold and talk to God before your meal? Why can't you thank Him for everything just lying on your back in bed? Wouldn't he listen then? I believe that God is somewhere in everyone of us, and that he can hear us whenever and wherever we are. I guess I just have a lot of issue's with the rules the churches brought upon religion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:30 pm
Scrapples
Huntur

Atheist choose to neglect the fact that there is a god.  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

tc_pistols

1,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:43 pm
Huntur
Scrapples
Huntur

Atheist choose to neglect the fact that there is a god.

No that's not correct if you listen he said they don't believe there is a higher power you can't tell people how they think that's where my religious tolerance runs out. Some people don't believe period and saying they are lying about that? It's akin to me saying that your lying about your name. Your playing a word game which in my eye's is trying to force someone to see how you see. Your acting like a politician twisting words and shaping things so they fit into your neat little plan or idea of the world and that's just ignorant people have their own beliefs even if that is the belief in nothing and nothing you say will ever change that no matter how much you try to twist words or how often you preach to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 pm
Atheist is a really misunderstood word. If you look at western culture we think "oh you dont believe in a god or any religion" where atheist is defined as "No belief in a supreme being" for example the Buddhist Religion is Atheist for they do not believe in a supreme being, but they do have dieties such as the great budda himself, and people who reach enlightenment are considered sub angelic beings. So you can be Atheist and part of a religion  

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 am
I mean people can neglect the idea of there being a God, and I am not trying to throw anyone under one idea, but I think in one way or another all people see or feel a higher being, but whether they recognize it or not and choose to accept it is not a battle I can fight FOR someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 am
bb3000ae
Atheist is a really misunderstood word. If you look at western culture we think "oh you dont believe in a god or any religion" where atheist is defined as "No belief in a supreme being" for example the Buddhist Religion is Atheist for they do not believe in a supreme being, but they do have dieties such as the great budda himself, and people who reach enlightenment are considered sub angelic beings. So you can be Atheist and part of a religion

Woah BB, that was pretty good.. I have never really seen it that way. I have seen it as Atheist being a group, but never an actual religion.  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 am
In way, this whole converstaion is turning into one big argument. Trust me when I say this guys, arguments that involves trying to explan Christianity to each other and Atheism, gets absolutely no where. All it leaves are bitter feelings. I have givin up arguing because it is a waste of time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:32 am
This isn't an arguement. It is a discussion.. Really. No one is getting mad here and no one is upset or being offended (in my opinon.) We are just settling difference by simple conversation. That is what this guild does, settles difference without causing too much of a fight.  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Discordial Moki

2,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am
I BELONG TO THE RELIGION OF BRO! WHERE WE ARE ALL BROS, I HAPPEN TO BE THE BROLIEST OF ALL BROLY BROS AND EVERYONE BROSPECTS ME! OUR GOD IS BROSEIDON, IN THE GREAT TIME HE SHALL MAKE THE WORLD ALL HARDCORE AND CAUSE PENGUINS TO GROW LASER BEAMS ON THEIR FACES AND BE ALL LIKE "PEW PEW".  
Personal Issues [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff