Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill
Both genres are done to death though. Not on that console, no, but definitely across the industry.

It's still variety, even if it's not always super original.

It's just as much (or little) variety as the PS3 and 360. It's easy to say the other systems only have shooters when you ignore every game besides the shooters.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm
Owwin
Why does anybody even give a s**t? Why do people want a company to "win"? When companies die we lose. Look what happened to Sega's main franchises when they stopped making consoles. Bioshock 2 is amazing. Tatsunoko vs Capcom is amazing. No More Heroes 2 is amazing. Why argue about it. Find friends who have the different consoles and play them at their house if you can't afford them. Enjoy them. Love them all. The industry itself is in a fight. Studios like Nippon Ichi are in trouble. We need the industry to come together or everybody suffers.
I'd argue we want companies to struggle and fight. It's why they push themselves to make great games. The harder and more competitive it is for them, the better software we get to play.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Owwin
Why does anybody even give a s**t? Why do people want a company to "win"? When companies die we lose. Look what happened to Sega's main franchises when they stopped making consoles. Bioshock 2 is amazing. Tatsunoko vs Capcom is amazing. No More Heroes 2 is amazing. Why argue about it. Find friends who have the different consoles and play them at their house if you can't afford them. Enjoy them. Love them all. The industry itself is in a fight. Studios like Nippon Ichi are in trouble. We need the industry to come together or everybody suffers.
I'd argue we want companies to struggle and fight. It's why they push themselves to make great games. The harder and more competitive it is for them, the better software we get to play.
The companies can fight all they want, but we as gamers shouldn't fight them. The brand loyalty is getting a little silly.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill
Both genres are done to death though. Not on that console, no, but definitely across the industry.

It's still variety, even if it's not always super original.

It's just as much (or little) variety as the PS3 and 360. It's easy to say the other systems only have shooters when you ignore every game besides the shooters.

That's why I said every noteworthy game. I can go look at other recent titles too if you're not satisfied.

From Metacritic:

Wii:
No More Heroes 2 (Action)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Fighting)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Exploration)
Shiren the Wanderer (...RPG?)

360:
Bioshock 2 (Adventure Shooter)
Mass Effect 2 (RPG Shooter)
Battlefield: Bad Company 3 (War Shooter)
Dante's Inferno (Action)

I didn't do alien vs Predator because it's not really noteworthy

PS3:
Heavy Rain (Don't know what to call it, definitely not a shooter though)
Bioshock 2 (adventure shooter again)
MAG (MMO Shooter)
Final Fantasy XIII (RPG)

So that's 3/4 for the 360 and 2/4 for the PS3, which isn't too bad. But look at the Wii. They're all pretty different games no matter how you slice it. You'd be hard pressed to give me an example that shows the Wii has a lack of variety like the other two.

And no Owwin, the industry is going to suffer until people stop pirating games. Nobody cares about people debating on the Internet.

edited for really shoddy grammar  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:02 pm
No that's not satisfactory for me. Action, fighting and rpg titles are prevalent on PS3 and 360 as well. All three machines are equally varied.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:04 pm
Trenn Flashkill
No that's not satisfactory for me. Action, fighting and rpg titles are prevalent on PS3 and 360 as well. All three machines are equally varied.

I'm not saying they don't exist on the PS3 and 360, the balance is just way off.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

I'm not saying they don't exist on the PS3 and 360, the balance is just way off.
It's no worse than the throw-away games developed for the Wii.

Plus it's unfair to group ME2, Battlefield and Bioshock 2 in the same category. They're all wildly different experiences. Just like you'd never consider Metroid Prime to be a similar experience like Battlefield.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:17 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

It's no worse than the throw-away games developed for the Wii.

Plus it's unfair to group ME2, Battlefield and Bioshock 2 in the same category. They're all wildly different experiences. Just like you'd never consider Metroid Prime to be a similar experience like Battlefield.

Fair enough. I don't want to talk about it anymore.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm
Waynebrizzle
the industry is going to suffer until people stop pirating games. Nobody cares about people debating on the Internet.
I stand corrected. Loads of truth in this. In that respect, GameStop needs to be shut down too, they are bleeding the industry dry.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
the industry is going to suffer until people stop pirating games. Nobody cares about people debating on the Internet.
I stand corrected. Loads of truth in this. In that respect, GameStop needs to be shut down too, they are bleeding the industry dry.

Yeah, I can only imagine how many devs their used game schemes are crippling.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
Waynebrizzle

Yeah, I can only imagine how many devs their used game schemes are crippling.
Even my ******** friends go in there and trade their games in and buy used stuff for cheap. It makes me ashamed. You only buy stuff used that you can't find new. Nintendo better have something up their sleeves indeed. Microsoft and Sony need some of that sleeve magic too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 pm
They all need to use internet forensics more.

CSI: Game Piracy

"That's what you should have done...

...in the beginning."

*shades*  

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm
Trenn, why don't you ever get on MSN?

I always see you on gaia but not MSN.

Why Trenn  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm
I have two Gamestops within a half a mile between each other. Thanks, GS. That's totally necessary.

I can't wait until digital distribution becomes the norm. Simply kill any possibility for used game nonsense and rental bullshit.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn, why don't you ever get on MSN?

I always see you on gaia but not MSN.

Why Trenn
Because I didn't realize I was stealthing. ninja  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]