Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
The Xavier Legion - Open - Need Players Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sound Interesting?
Yes.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Maybe So.
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Gold!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Katakeome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Kata merely perked a brow as McKaela started showing off her mechanical insides. Something that looked like it was taken right out of a Sci-Fi film.

Gwen, on the other hand, was fascinated. Her eyes gleamed with childish excitement as her mouth formed a slow 'wooooooow'.

The fox hopped over the counter while McKaela told her story.
He tossed his empty sprite into the waste bin and dug around for something under the counter.
"Sounds pretty bad." He said casually as he fumbled through the cabinets. "Ah, found one."

Kata produces a small Ziploc bag, turning towards the cooler. He opens the cooler and puts a couple handfuls of ice in the bag, then of course, grabs another soda.
He hands the bag to Gwen and motions towards Alma.

Gwen walks over to Alma shyly, handing him the bag then taking a seat on a chair next to the sofa.
The fox was already back in a stool with another opened sprite in his hands, one leg crossed over his lap.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm
McKaela smiles widely. "Oh good, that means yer workin' here in th' mansion." This wasn't technically true, as the lab was out of this world... literally. Only the door to it was located in the mansion. Still, McKaela observs Alma's reaction to what he'd seen. He didn't seem too happy, maybe disappointed, as if someone had barely beaten him in a race for a thousand valimite (a million dollars).

"I dunno if we've got any ice packs, Aluna might have so--" She watches as Gwen hands a bag full of ice to the mouse. "Or that, that works too." She shakes her head, motioning toward a nearby door. "But we could go t'the lab an' see if Aluna's got some medication that'll help ya."

McKaela Kiama

Samiur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:03 pm
Alma cracks a smile when Gwen hands him the ice bag. "Thank you kindly." He gingerly places the ice bag on his head. "Medication for a concussion? I've never heard of much but surgery for extreme cases." He lets out a nervous chuckle. "though I didn't know such cybernetics were possible either. And i wouldn't pass up an opportunity to speak with this Aluna."

Enthusiastically he jumps to his feet. He manages to stand for a few seconds before stumbling over."How far is it exactly?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Gwen hops to the edge of her seat, about to attempt to help keep the mouse from falling over. Alma regains himself and Gwen stands up, leaning to the side with her hands tucked behind her back. She seemed quite comfortable in Alma's presence, or maybe she was just trying to get a closer look at those eyes.

The fox finishes his second soda rather quickly, then stands up as well. he half-smiles at Alma.
"Y'need help, man? You can hardly stand." He asks in a friendly tone.  

Katakeome

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 pm
McKaela shrugs lightly. "Ya never know, they've got pills for everythin' now." She watches Alma hop to his feet just to nearly fall again. "It's 'bout seven-hundred an' fifty million miles from 'ere, give'r take. We'll be there in no time." What the hell was she on about, she couldn't be serious, could she?! McKaela motions to the door near the couch and leads everybody through it, into the grand entrance of the mansion. She turns right, and passes through an archway into a bright white laboratory. Yeah, she must have been messing with them. "Gramma, I want'cha t'meet someone!"

"What the ******** do you want now?!" comes a scream from the deeper parts of the lab. The voice was female, a bit high-pitched and rough; she sounded like an angry old woman.

"Someone ya hired is here," McKaela yells back.

"Whatever, bring 'em in an' then get outta my lab!"

McKaela nods, faking a toothy smile toward the others. "This way." She leads them through the huge lab, full of computers, machinery, robotic equipment, test tubes, chemicals, chemistry sets, cloning equipment, and just about anything else imaginable. No doubt Alma would think he'd died and gone to heaven. About half-way through the lab, they walk over a large glass floor with a big picture of Saturn under it. Wait, this... wasn't a picture, not even television screens, that was really Saturn. They really were about seven-hundred fifty million miles from Earth... but how the hell?!

They wander into a nearby room, where a short pink-haired teenager was working on some clones of herself in a large tube. She turns around and glares at McKaela. "So, what're ya on about?" That was the voice they'd heard screaming across the lab. But wait, didn't McKaela say that Aluna was her grandmother? This girl looked younger than her!

"This is Alma Abdoe, he's s'posed t'start workin' here like... sometime." She wasn't sure exactly when.

"Alma?" Aluna looks the mouse over, nodding. "Right, you're s'posed to start tomorrow. You're here for weapons research, right?" She glares up at him, shaking her head. "I hope you're as good as ya claim to be." While she had an accent, it was more Cockney instead of Irish as McKaela's was.

McKaela motions to Kata and Gwen. "And this is Katakeome, a new assassin. And this is Gwen, she's a... ... ...a little girl, yeah." Wow. McKaela's sooo smart.

"An assassin and a little girl." Aluna growls at McKaela after a few moments. "What the hell do I care about any of that? I'm in the middle of upgrades!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm
Alma chuckles to himself before locking eyes with the fox. "I certainly won't turn you down if your offering. According to her we've got quite a bit of ground to cover" He stumbles behind Mckaela but keeps pace thanks to the support of Katakeome.

As they walked through the corridor to the lab he stood dumbfounded. The ice bag slipped from his hand and fell to the floor. He was so dazzled by the size and splendor of the laboratory that he didn't even notice the glass flooring or the stellar view it held.

When they approached the small teen that was supposedly responsible for all of this and more he was a little surprised. although so many weird things had happened to him today that he didn't show it. When she addresses him and speaks of his job he nods. "Yes Ma'am that's what i was hired to do, But i never in my entire career have claimed to be good at weapons development. So if i may i have had a question burning at the back of my mind for some time. Why would you hire someone who only has background in robotics, and someone who you have already surpassed in his vary own specialty, to be the head of a research group that he has nearly no experience in?"  

Samiur

Katakeome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:01 pm
"Seven hundred and fifty..."
The fox blinks, then whistles a soft 'phew'.
"Guess we'd better get started then, uh?"

With the fox supporting Alma, and Gwen close to his side, the three follow Mckaela through the doorway and under a grand archway.

The voice that answered McKaela was the kind he had almost expected to hear. No doubt this was going to be some huge lab with a tiny old woman sitting at a desk behind thick black goggles. "Sounds really friendly." he mused.

As they walked through the lab, Gwen seemed a bit intimidated by it, and crept a tad closer to the others, she kept her arms straight down her side to make sure she didn't accidentally knock something over that could vaporize all of them in an instant. She only stopped to pick up the ice pack that Alma dropped.
Kata looked around curiously, trying to begin to imagine what all of this could possibly be used for.

Let's see, those were test tubes, that was some kind of pumping thingamajig, that thing looked like a giant Tesla coil/toaster; and that's.... Saturn??
He turned to Gwen and motioned towards the floor with his head.
She'd noticed before he did, and nodded in return.
"We really did go a long ways huh? Are we in space?"
"Looks like it." the fox replied.

That raised a few questions in his mind. Why would they need a lab in space? Was there any significance to that besides looking cool? He supposed that if something went terribly, terribly wrong in the lab, the least they could to to spare all life on Earth was shut the door. The thought brought a smile to his face.

They entered a small room where someone was doing... something to what looked like clones of herself.
Creepy. The fox thought.

His ear twitched as soon as she started to speak. So this was the great Aluna. He didn't know what made her look so young. Magic, science. Likely a combination of both, she could probably be whatever the hell she wanted to be.
Gwen only cocked her head curiously at the teen.

As Mckaela introduces them, Kata gives no more than a little half-assed wave, and Gwen bows slightly.
The kitten wasn't so sure what to think about being called a 'little girl', but there really wasn't much more to say about her than that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 pm
McKaela glances back to Gwen as she questions their location. "The lab is actually a huge space station by Saturn. Cuz Aluna likes Saturn a lot. So do I, actually." She smiles, then shakes her head, smile fading as she mumbles, "Prolly th'only thing we have in common..." Aside from alcoholism.

Sure enough, it had its uses, aside from being aesthetically pleasing and just damn cool. The lab being so far away from Earth could definitely prevent a massive Earth-destroying explosion, but it was also useful for further space exploration. They were already prepared to start taking over worlds, instead of just countries.

Aluna nods to Alma as he questions her, shrugging. "I don't even ********' remember. But you can work on whatever ya like here. Th' lab's all yours as long as ya don't cause trouble and are available to help me with whatever projects I need ya for when I need ya." This, all of this, was at his disposal?! This MUST be heaven! Aluna hadn't looked him over very well, and after a few moments she approaches him. "You appear to have a concussion. What did McKaela do?" Better yet, how did she know from just a glance?

"I didn't do it, gramma. He slipped on the ice." She glances to the ice pack that Gwen had picked up for him. Ironic. "Got anything to help him out?"

"You idiot, there's nothing I can do but let him rest. Probably best you leave him alone and let him sleep it off." Well, guess there isn't a pill for everything after all. "I'll keep an eye on him. He'll be fine."

McKaela nods lightly and sighs, turning to Kata and Gwen. It was rather late, maybe time for bed...

McKaela Kiama

Samiur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am
Alma hadn't really realized how late it was. In truth the idea of getting lots of rest wasn't all that appealing to him. Being stuck in the Large empty house, much bigger than the apartment he had back in Guadalupe. All of his things were still boxed up, but even if he unpacked everything the house would still be unbearably empty.

Hes head drooped just at the thought of it. This city was just too damn cold. It had only been a couple days and he already missed the sun, The beaches, and his Brother.

Alma was the younger of the two, But only three years separated him and Owen. He was the surfer type, Loved the outdoors. Gazing downward Alma notices the Necklace his brother gave him before he left. It was a beaded cord with a shark tooth tied to it, He smiles.

"Well i guess it's time to go home then? It seems a lot further away now then it did this morning." He laughs nervously. "Oh" pulling a pice of paper from his lab-coat he hands it to Mckaela. "That's where i live, do you know how to get there from here? "  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am
Aluna glares at Alma. He'd get used to the glare if he was going to be working with her a lot. "Ya plan on walkin' in your condition? I meant you could stay here in the sick bay or somethin'. But, whatever, suit yourself." She turns back to her project, waving one paw dismissively. She types a few things into a computer console, watching what effect it had on the two clones of herself in the tanks.

McKaela takes the paper and looks it over quietly. "Oh, yeah, I can get'cha there. It's here in the fortress." She then tilts her head... how is it that she hadn't seen this guy? Usually she was the person who Veritas pawned off giving house keys to. But maybe that was because she always brought new recruits that she'd picked up for fighting in... like she had with Kata.

Speaking of which, it was probably about time to get Kata a house... he and Gwen were pretty much inseperable, but she couldn't stay in the barracks with him, so ended up in McKaela's guest room. That was all fine and good, but there had been some awkward moments and a bit too much temptation for McKaela's taste. She shakes her head.

"Right, well, we off then, or are ya gonna stay the night here?" Poor guy probably couldn't sleep here; aside from the random noises of machinery and Aluna yelling about something, he'd probably be too distracted by the idea of getting to use all of this equipment. Of course, then an idea occurs to her, he had a concussion, right?

"Gimme yer hand," she commands, holding out her own and staring at Alma. But what the hell for?

McKaela Kiama

Katakeome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:42 pm
Kata had seen this trick before, McKaela did the same thing to him. He remembered how he felt afterwords too. Dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, the first time made him feel like he was gonna pass out.
He assumed that it would have the same affect on Alma, he didn't seem like the type to teleport around everywhere, and it probably wouldn't look too well, given his current condition.

The fox cleared his throat and held up a hand, interjecting before Alma could take hers. "Hey, McKaela. Maybe that's not such a good idea right now, ey? I mean look at the guy. Gwen and I could walk him home, it's no problem for us, right?"

He looks down at Gwen, who shrugs, as if to say 'What do I care? I'm following you.'

"Guess it all depends on what you wanna do." The fox says, turning his head towards Alma.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:21 pm
Alma Smiles at Aluna. "I thank you for the offer Ma'am, but you know as well as i do that were i rest doesn't make much of a difference. And i would like to leave with as little worries as possible with your work."

As the fox interjects Alma pulls his hand away. "Why what was she going to-" He cuts himself short and nods to Kata. "I think Ill go with him if that isn't a problem? Ive had enough surprises for one day."  

Samiur

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:30 pm
McKaela blinks at Kata, honestly confused why he was pulling Alma away. "I was only going t--" She listens to Alma interject. Even if the surprise was a good one? Someone had misunderstood someone along the way. McKaela shakes her head. "Ya'll can walk Alma home all ya like, but at least lemme do this first!" She steps toward Alma, and quicker than Kata can block her (in case he tried again), she grabs hold of Alma's wrist, just for a few moments, before letting it go.

Strange, suddenly Alma would feel healthier than he'd felt for years, his concussion was gone just like that, and he was no longer dizzy or nauseous. McKaela steps back and stares at him, then glances to Kata. She probably didn't need to tell him what she'd done, Kata could likely guess that if they didn't vanish, then there was only one other thing McKaela did with her touch. She'd healed him.

A few moments of awkward silence pass, and McKaela motions to the doorway. "Well, go 'head home. I can come with ya if ya like, but... I mean, Kata seems t'wanna." She still didn't completely understand why he'd stopped her moments ago, not realizing he thought she meant to teleport Alma there. "'Course, I got nothin' better t'do, so I'll come. Make sure he doesn't fall an' break a leg this time I guess." She smiles lightly, making her way to the door.

Aluna glares in the general direction that McKaela went and grunts. "Show off." She then returns to her work without another word.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm
Kata sits by silently while Gwen clings to his side.
"Oh." He says finally, the apathy back in his voice. "Oh, I... oh. Never mind then."

Why she decided to do this now was anybody's guess, but before the fox could interrogate her, she was already heading to the door.

"Show off." He muttered at the exact moment that Aluna did. She must have heard him, because they shared glances for a second.
Aluna returns to her work and the fox smiles at Alma. "Well, I guess."  

Katakeome

Samiur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm
"Well then" Alma remarks just after being subject to McKalea's new trick. He wasn't quite sure how comfortable he was with what just happened, especially because it involved his brain. Regardless his face showed nothing but a smile. "Shall we get moving?"

They get about halfway out of the lab before realizing he probably doesn't need help walking anymore. He gives the boy a pat on the back and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, uhh.... Can we go back to the bar so i can pick up my things before we head out?"  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff