Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon Cosplay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you cosplay?
  Yes
  No
  What is cosplay...
View Results
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:36 pm

chocobokisses

Thank you! sweatdrop

Yeah, she was super sweet. We actually saw her the day before in a Sakura costume. She stopped us and told us she would be in a SM costume the next day, so we agreed to get pictures. It was a lot of fun! heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 pm
I have never cosplayed any sailor moon charactors, though I have gone to cons in costume a couple of times. I did Vampire Princess Miyu and Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service.  

Tala Tiva

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:56 am
i've never cosplayed but i'd like to do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:28 pm
Yes, cosplay is totally fun! I would recommend it to anyone! And, Sailor Moon cosplay is the best!!!!!!!  

chocobokisses

Neko_Dejikou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 am
I have cosplayed before but not Sailor moon though I would love to get a chance to do a group cosplay but heh I cant travel at all crying Um but I do know this cosplay group thast pretty good but I only know their Chibi moon. You can look her up in cosplay.com She is sonified I think 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:29 am
I only Cosplay as Minako....I did try Usagi but I didn't really look like her......But with Minako I didn't have to wear a wig.....or with Usagi cause my hair is really really long  

Pengana

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:08 pm
I cosplayed as Sailor Jupiter (my fav. senshi) when i was in 6th grade while my other friend went as Sailor Moon for halloween (halloween costumes count as cosplay, ne?)

I still have the costume too, and the skirt actually looks short like it's supposed to since then... xd I'd cosplay as Sailor Jupiter again if only i lost some weight and my hair was long again (it's too short now...)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:47 pm
Neko_Dejikou - Oh, I met her at Ohayocon this year. She is in a Sailor Moon cosplay group with my friend Jenny. Where do you live at, I am sure you could find cosplayers around you, Sailor Moon cosplayers are everywhere.

Pengana - I too am a Minako cosplayer. I use my own hair most of the time, it is down to my butt. I can do Usagi as well, but my personality fits Minako better.

kawaiibunny3 - Sailor Jupiter is cool. And Halloween costumes totally count!!!!! heart

chocobokisses

Wayward_Wind

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:57 pm
Hmm. The first year that I liked Sailor Moon I cosplayed as Sailor Neptune for Halloween. At an anime convention I have also cosplayed as Ann in her school uniform (from Ail and Ann) and as Eudial in her lab coat and in her regular outfit (from Witches Five). 'Twas fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 pm
i have been planning a sailor moon cosplay since i first started watching it in first grade...but i swear...on whatevers good and wonderful...that i will make the outfit...WITHOUT SATIN *eats all satin and barfs it out into a vat of convieniently placed lava* ...with pleats and the skirt will be as it should be...not straight across...i will do everything in my power as a seamstress to go against the trend and not kill the sailor moon outfits...

i swear it's one of the most murdered of cosplay ever...

especially for those beginning sewers/cosplayers...they always seem to go towards the sailor moon outfits...

no offense to all who have done this...it's one of the two pet peeves i have and it drives me up a wall  

iridescentdreamer_13

chocobokisses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 am
iridescentdreamer_13
i have been planning a sailor moon cosplay since i first started watching it in first grade...but i swear...on whatevers good and wonderful...that i will make the outfit...WITHOUT SATIN *eats all satin and barfs it out into a vat of convieniently placed lava* ...with pleats and the skirt will be as it should be...not straight across...i will do everything in my power as a seamstress to go against the trend and not kill the sailor moon outfits...

i swear it's one of the most murdered of cosplay ever...

especially for those beginning sewers/cosplayers...they always seem to go towards the sailor moon outfits...

no offense to all who have done this...it's one of the two pet peeves i have and it drives me up a wall

Now, I have been cosplaying for some time and this year was the first time I have attempted a Fuku. They are A LOT harder then they look, and FOR SURE not something I would reccommend to beginners.

I tried my best to make my fuku as true to the anime as possiable. I didn't use satin for a couple of reasons, 1 being satin is hard to pleat, and 2 being I HATE SATIN FUKUS. The V was a pain, as was the pleating but in the end it didn't turn out that badly, and had a great reception by fans at Ohayocon.

Now, I don't believe I killed the fuku. I do think it could use some work. But, these things aren't exactly easy. I am hoping to do a manga style fuku next so I don't have to screw with the pleats of hell which need to be ironed EVERY time you wear the fuku, and seem to NOT lay right when you are wearing it.

Truthfully I am not offended as I dislike satin fukus as well. HOWEVER, it is hard to say these things when you yourself haven't atempted to make a fuku. Because, I was the same way as you when I started out. I pointed out EVERY little mistake and I died everytime I saw a fuku gone wrong. BUT, when it came around to makeing my own fuku things changed. Just by looking at pictures you don't realize how hard the things really are, exspecially when you don't use a pattern.

No matter what the level of sewing skill, a lot of love and effort go into costumes of any sort, and exspecially fukus. They are something that can always be improved on, but don't judge until you try for youself.

/end rant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:00 am
Quote:

Darkness Cake

Darrlena

Friendly Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:48 am
Roselite Blade
Quote:

awe that look sooo cute I think you did a good job I have yet to get the princess dress right ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:28 pm
I wish  

-GS-Sailor Miracle

Ladyayami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:57 am
im going as nepheria (sp worng) to my local convention this year.. and im making her expensive -.- like rich fabrics such as somthing a queen would wear no matalics and lots of sheers and hevey fabrics

this is my second atmept at cospalying (oficaly) this year and does anyone have any advice?  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff