Submit

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
Quite frankly, I was scared of most games in general when I was a kid, but the things that creeped me out the most were the aliens from Majora's Mask, because they were FREAKY and you had to keep them ALL back for a few minutes and I can't stand the thought of FAILURE!! D:

The second thing that freaked me out was in Ocarina of Time, I can't remember what temple it was, maybe Forest, but Link was just standing there, and then out of nowhere, THIS GIANT HAND OR SOMETHING COMES DOWN AND GRABS LINK BY THE NECK AND DRAGS HIM UP TO THE CEILING AND HE'S SQUIRMING LIKE A WORM ON A HOOK!

And I think that's all I can think of right now. I think it was either me or Tris that had the, "Where are all the enemies? Maybe they're behi-AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! OMG!! *jump three feet in the air*" moment happen to us.

Tris has the best freakouts though. Picture Flashdance-meets-Homer-Simpson's-Worry-Dance-meets-Screaming-Like-A-3-Year-Old-Girl.
User Image
Oh god, do you remember the boss with the huge arms that came out of the ground from the Bottom of the Well?

He scared the crap out of me when I was little. gonk

User Image
You mean the giant white thing? IT WAS A "HE"????!!!! eek  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:53 pm
GrowingDandelion
Lady Psycho Sexy
GrowingDandelion
Quite frankly, I was scared of most games in general when I was a kid, but the things that creeped me out the most were the aliens from Majora's Mask, because they were FREAKY and you had to keep them ALL back for a few minutes and I can't stand the thought of FAILURE!! D:

The second thing that freaked me out was in Ocarina of Time, I can't remember what temple it was, maybe Forest, but Link was just standing there, and then out of nowhere, THIS GIANT HAND OR SOMETHING COMES DOWN AND GRABS LINK BY THE NECK AND DRAGS HIM UP TO THE CEILING AND HE'S SQUIRMING LIKE A WORM ON A HOOK!

And I think that's all I can think of right now. I think it was either me or Tris that had the, "Where are all the enemies? Maybe they're behi-AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! OMG!! *jump three feet in the air*" moment happen to us.

Tris has the best freakouts though. Picture Flashdance-meets-Homer-Simpson's-Worry-Dance-meets-Screaming-Like-A-3-Year-Old-Girl.
User Image
Oh god, do you remember the boss with the huge arms that came out of the ground from the Bottom of the Well?

He scared the crap out of me when I was little. gonk

User Image
You mean the giant white thing? IT WAS A "HE"????!!!! eek
OH ******** DEADHAND
I hit the ceiling the first time that thing appeared. xd  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm
First taying L4D my friend had told me it was a zombie game but she failed to mention that these zombies don't stagger after you THEY RUN. she though it'd be funny to push me down the skylight at the begining of No Mercy I freaked out and ran...before manageing to get myself cornered by a hunter...second time though I did much much better sweatdrop

Legend of Zelda...Redeads, Twilight wall (only at first) it was tall and ominous, Temple of shadow (OoT) I didn't expect the dungon master at first. (TP) Water temple boss...not the boss it's self but the way to the boss Dark deep water *shudders*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 pm
KeyBlader1
Oh, wait. The Piano from Mario 64. That also made me crap my pants in fear

Agreed. I remember wandering around that wierd house and going into a room that had a piano. so I was like: "Hmm, I wonder if I can get on top ********/> www.mariowiki.com/images/1/18/Piano.jpg
Yeah, scary s**t indeed.  

wariodude128

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:03 pm
While not so much enemies, one common thing in most 3D games creeped me out a fair bit.

Ever notice when the camera tends to zoom in too far, or something goes too close to the camera, and you start seeing inside the 3D model? Either it looks like nothing's there, or you see a mirror image of whatever you see on the exterior.

Sends chills up me spine just thinking about it... especially when it's something like... the Stalchilds from OoT.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 pm
TtheHero
While not so much enemies, one common thing in most 3D games creeped me out a fair bit.

Ever notice when the camera tends to zoom in too far, or something goes too close to the camera, and you start seeing inside the 3D model? Either it looks like nothing's there, or you see a mirror image of whatever you see on the exterior.

Sends chills up me spine just thinking about it... especially when it's something like... the Stalchilds from OoT.
User Image
agreed or if it does that in silent hill. I was playing SH at my friends house and it did thata...just as Pyramid head came around the corrner. (I had actualy forgotten about that untill you mentioned the 3D thing sweatdrop )  

Topaz4293

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 am
The best way to freak me the ******** out in a horror game is to isolate me, surround me with nothingness. No enemies, NPCs, anything.

I hate that.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces