Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
Sony's from the future, but with ideas from 2006. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:17 am
Meta_Fish
Kuzodav
It's like this:
I played Wii Boxing against Fish one time.
I was facing the screen.
He had one hand behind his back, was turned from the screen, and used only the nunchuck.

He beat me, still.

The you can just jerk your wiimote to make your d00d punch.
With the move, you use the full action of the swing.
That's the point of the boxing thing, and his kiddy-fight-slaps.
That says more about your skills at video games than it does anything else. razz But seriously, Move is going to be more accurate. It uses a camera and more expensive controllers on a more powerful machine. It's going to be more accurate.

But we're coming to what, the fourth year of the gaming console's lifespans? They generally last five years, and now Sony is releasing a Wiimote for their console which has just started to pick up steam, trying to attract the casual market in doing so but not understanding it at all.

It's not just the casual market it's targeting.
They have games planned for more 'hardcore' fans.
Pretty much like the Conduit, but better.

Kuzodav
Natal is far more casual based.
Wii ain't got no AITCH DEE.

Meta_Fish
So casual is bad? If anything, I'm more interested in Natal than I am MotionPlus or Move. It is at least doing more that's different from what we've seen. M+ and Move both make motion controls better but Natal is going for the full webcam experience, and fledging it out along with microphone capabilities with games.

But in the end, it comes down to what games we see with it. And so far, I still haven't seen anything on the PS3 that would warrant me spending the money on it, let alone another $100 for another Wiimote and nunchuk.

I'm not saying casual is bad, I'm just saying, Natal has a more casual appeal.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 am
Dino Pakkun
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

o. now i see
they are alike
thank you for pointing that out
i was unaware  

Kuzodav

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 am
I don't really care that much. I prefer regular stick-and-buttons controllers over motion-based controllers.

I'll take the Xbox 360 controller over the Wiimote any day.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 am
Lord of Armageddon
I don't really care that much. I prefer regular stick-and-buttons controllers over motion-based controllers.

That's exactly Sony's problem. No PS3 owners show any interest in this other than the Sony fan boys that want to see the Wii fail. I don't foresee good sales. Hopefully though the few who do actually like it like Kuzo will help it succeed.  

Owwin

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:49 am
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon

That's exactly Sony's problem. No PS3 owners show any interest in this other than the Sony fan boys that want to see the Wii fail. I don't foresee good sales. Hopefully though the few who do actually like it like Kuzo will help it succeed.

I'm actually not planning on buying it.
I'm just sayin' the potential I see.
I'll need to see some games to buy before I invest.

The upside of the whole 'controller > wiimote' is that ps3 can have either.
Not necessarily with all the same games, but still have a larger library with more varied controls.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 am
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon

Maybe if it proves itself to be what's it's being hyped up to be, I'll consider getting a PS3.

But there's still not much on the PS3 that interests me enough to get it besides LBP.  

Sir Codin

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:54 am
Lord of Armageddon
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon

Maybe if it proves itself to be what's it's being hyped up to be, I'll consider getting a PS3.

But there's still not much on the PS3 that interests me enough to get it besides LBP.

What about Snake?! SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:05 pm
Kuzodav
Lord of Armageddon
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon

What about Snake?! SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!

It should be noted that I've never played Metal Gear Solid: Anything.  

Sir Codin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm
Kuzodav

It's like this:
I played Wii Boxing against Fish one time.
I was facing the screen.
He had one hand behind his back, was turned from the screen, and used only the nunchuck.

He beat me, still.

The you can just jerk your wiimote to make your d00d punch.
With the move, you use the full action of the swing.
That's the point of the boxing thing, and his kiddy-fight-slaps.

Also, at the 'original controller didn't have buttons'
That was the original, so somewhere down the line, they realized the point of buttons.

Natal is far more casual based.
Wii ain't got no AITCH DEE.

It's kind of like Goldie Lox and the three bears.

This one is just right. Or aims to be.

Move uses more in-depth motion sensing, while still having buttons, allow for more hXc games, as per, shooters, which will also be in HD (which attracts people, I don't have an HD tv, so I don't care.). I'm assuming more will come in to play with the in-depth motion control.

Original? No.
Better? Most likely.

It's kind of like the Wiimote is Direct Current Electricity, and Move is a Alternating Current. Natal is like AC, but lacks a flip switch. So it's all this potential energy, than goes no-wurr.

Yeah, but also keep in mind that Wii Sports is, what, four years old now? That's obviously not a fair comparison, since all Sony had back then was Sixaxis (which sucked horribly in most games except Warhawk, Flow, and Flower). Motionplus isn't as good as Move, but it's close enough and a lot cheaper.

To look at it in very basic terms:

You can pay twenty dollars for a motionplus accessory and have access to at least three good games (Red Steel 2, Zelda: Noun, Regenleiv, Wii Sports Resort, all of which will fully utilize motionplus) which are all likely to be bundled with a discount Motionplus anyway, OR:

You can pay like, 100 dollars (I haven't seen any estimates so correct me if that's off) for something slightly better than motionplus, but with a RE5 mod that's really no better than RE4: Wii edition's controls and a Wii Sports Resort clone. I've also read that LBP will be supporting it, but I can't really imagine much practical application from it besides making building easier.

The PS3 won't have more varied controls at all.The Wii's already had plenty of games that support both motion controls and the Classic or Gamecube controller, including Brawl, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, No More Heroes 2, Punch-Out, and Monster Hunter Tri, just to list some semi-recent examples.

I'm not trying to downplay Move. I see the potential just as you do. It's just that 1: they're trying to market something expensive and unnecessary and 2: Their marketing behind it (so far) feels pointless, petty, and loaded with unwarranted self-importance.

Edit: LOA: Have you tried God of War? The new one looks like a CG movie, and is fun to boot.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm
Lord of Armageddon
The solid series is worth a rental at the very least. You can try the old games, but It isn't necessary, and the card games on PSP... Get them if you have a PSP?  

Owwin

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon
The solid series is worth a rental at the very least. You can try the old games, but It isn't necessary, and the card games on PSP... Get them if you have a PSP?
Don't have a PSP either. And Wayne, never tried God of War either.

I've never really been a big Sony fan.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon
Don't have a PSP either.

I was never really a big Sony fan.

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:11 pm
Waynebrizzle
Lord of Armageddon
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon
Don't have a PSP either.

I don;t get that picture. What do numbers on hades mean?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
Lord of Armageddon
Owwin
Lord of Armageddon
Don't have a PSP either.

I don;t get that picture. What do numbers on hades mean?

1: ********' HELMET OF DARKNESS LOOK AT THAT s**t
2: HOLY s**t THERE'S A WALL OF BODIES
3: OH MY GOD HE'S GOING TO RIP YOUR ******** SOUL OUT WITH THOSE CLAWS
4: JESUS CHRIST KRATOS IS GONNA KICK HIS a**  

Waynebrizzle

Orphie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm
Regulust
Waynebrizzle
Serious mode: I think Move is amazing, and I'm not afraid to admit that it's even better than Motionplus. There are just other crucial elements that make me think it won't do so well.

Non serious mode:
dragn99

Well it does. But it physically requires you to flail like a p***y and make a whiny noise/face.

s**t, I forgot. They look like faggots. I don't wanna look like a GAY. I'll just play with this instead:

LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP OOOOH LOLLY LOLLY LOLLY LOLLIPOP

xD I love you Wayne.

Don't you dare touch him or I will rip your soul out.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff