Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Mod Meetings
Guild Member Check In Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm
I really think the only thing that makes the guild seem too huge is all the sub-forums that list the individual areas. If we can package those into one sub-forum and somehow make sub-sub-forums off of those...I'm not sure. But that's pretty much the problem there.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm
Yeah, sadly we can only have subforums and then threads and I know the terrains add more space than we probably need, but I wonder how we would be able to divide them any further without ruining the initial intention for the idea? :1

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SH 221B Baker Street

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 pm
If I could make a suggestion..? Simply make one locked forum with short descriptions and lists of characters in the terrains? That way no one but the Mods can edit it when necessary, and it is all in one neat package..?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 pm
Of course, you can! Everybody's welcome to add into mod meetings! They're just about mod-related things.

That's a good idea and I'm definitely going to put it to use! Thank ya, good sir! ^^

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm
SH 221B Baker Street
If I could make a suggestion..? Simply make one locked forum with short descriptions and lists of characters in the terrains? That way no one but the Mods can edit it when necessary, and it is all in one neat package..?

That would make that one forum very huge and confusing sadly, but your onto to something though. We might be able to have one forum with all different RP threads in it, but they're listed in order to which area they're in. Or they could be labeled like this, "The Great Defiance/The Black Woode"

Ya think that might work?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:23 pm
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street

That would make that one forum very huge and confusing sadly, but your onto to something though. We might be able to have one forum with all different RP threads in it, but they're listed in order to which area they're in. Or they could be labeled like this, "The Great Defiance/The Black Woode"

That solves the problem of which RP is in which terrain, but we are discussing the size of the terrains forums taking up the guild. The only ways I see of fixing the size is making it one large forum, or several smaller forums. Either way, you will have a lot. >.>  

SH 221B Baker Street

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 pm
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street

That solves the problem of which RP is in which terrain, but we are discussing the size of the terrains forums taking up the guild. The only ways I see of fixing the size is making it one large forum, or several smaller forums. Either way, you will have a lot. >.>

Yeah the one large forum idea is what I'm goin with. We're on the same track :3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 pm
I completely agree with you guys. And yes, I was totally thinking of that, kroska! What I've been strongly considering is either doing what you suggested or creating one forum for each province which would hold all sorts of different terrains in one. Like, North, East, West, and South. The north and south provinces would be small and desolate so perhaps the combination of simply two or three terrains per forum is all that we'd need. xD

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SH 221B Baker Street

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 pm
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street

Yeah the one large forum idea is what I'm goin with. We're on the same track :3

Quite so..I am glad I was of assistance. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 pm
@Baker Street: *adjusts monocle* Indeed good sir

@Fae: Yeah a North, south, east, west kind of subforum list would work perfectly. If you wanted to get weird you could do it hemispheres, xD  

kroska
Vice Captain

SH 221B Baker Street

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm
kroska

@Fae: Yeah a North, south, east, west kind of subforum list would work perfectly. If you wanted to get weird you could do it hemispheres, xD

*In obvious annoyance, Baker slowly, and kindly, removes the monocle from your face, places it down on the mahogany table, and brutally smashes it with his cane before placing the broken eye ware back onto his face.* I do not appreciate stereotypes, sir.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 pm
Lol! Hemispheres..

Well, I was thinking the provinces specifically because of the way our map is already drawn out. It'd be SO immensely easy that way. x-x

YAY! We got it now, fellas! <3

I've just gotta check with Ratchetgirl and Z and maybe Demonix make sure they agree with the changes before just condensing everything.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska

*In obvious annoyance, Baker slowly, and kindly, removes the monocle from your face, places it down on the mahogany table, and brutally smashes it with his cane before placing the broken eye ware back onto his face.* I do not appreciate stereotypes, sir.

>:0 That cost 5 bucks at the gags and gifts store man! xD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:43 pm
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska

Five dollars ill-spent, apparently. *Walks away whistling.*  

SH 221B Baker Street

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 pm
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska
SH 221B Baker Street
kroska

Five dollars ill-spent, apparently. *Walks away whistling.*

You're my favorite.

Mod Meetings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out