Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Lyndria
Lyndria. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Avin grimaced at the thought of her name, overtaken with guilt. "Her name was Emeille," He answered, burying his hands in his pockets and lowering his gaze to the soaking ground. "She's gone now though," He sighed, shaking his head. Placing a cigarette between his lips, miles snapped his fingers against one end, lighting it instantly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:06 pm
User ImageThe small girl stepped towards the taller man, "I'm sorry." they were worthless words spoken in a tone that empathized perfectly with others. She knew pain, and she knew that apologies were pointless, but sometimes she forgot and tried anyway. She jumped back, a little when he lit the flame, and asked quickly, "You do magic? What are you?" She trusted magic wielders more than normals: probably unwise, but it reminded her of her family. Especially if they were elves.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm
Avin lost himself in thought, trying to remember everything he could of the young girl. It had been years since he'd even been to that place yet he'd carried his grief all the while. "Hm?" Avin broke free from his thoughts as he was spoken to. "Oh," He looked down to his hand, allowing fire to dance between his fingers. "We are many things," He looked to her. "We guess Pyromancer would be the easy answer," He said, shrugging his shoulders.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 pm
User ImageThe girl bit her lip in a childish fashion, almost sorry that she drew him from his thoughts. While he thought, she moved a little closer, as if thinking her nearness would take away some of the pain of grief. It worked for children, but she was unsure of others. When he spoke, she was distracted by the flame, but raised an eyebrow at yet another 'we.' She nodded to his easy answer, finding it completely baffling. She was aware, though she didn't know how, that pyro meant fire. So logically, it would be fire mage? Right? She had not idea really, but she still liked him better because he had magic. The we could have been something connected to the pyromancer, but how to find out? "What's your name? Or you guys' names?" At least that would settle the "we" business.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:09 pm
"I think that's about enough of a history lesson for today," Avin stood, stretching his arms above his head. "What do you say we go get something to eat?" He smiled to her, his red eye glinting happily as if nothing had been wrong at all. He shrugged his shoulders together and let out a content sigh before starting off toward the street.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:15 pm
User Image"Your name is history?" The still baffled girl asked. Shaking her head to clear it, she followed him, trying not to give in to the urge to continue questioning him about his name. "Well, you can call me Leo," she commented nonchalantly. "Where are we eating?" It had to be someplace populated, but not some place so populated they didn't pay attention who went in there. She begged food from almost all of the restaurants in Opalescent City, so most of the cooks knew her name. And they'd help protect her, right?  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:33 pm
Avin chuckled, turning his head towards her. "No," He smiled, studying her. "My," (he forced the word out)"Name is Avin. And it's nice to meet you Leo. Isn't that a boys name though?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:39 pm
User ImageThe young girl wrinkled her nose like a child, "It's short for Leona. My father," she hesitated, surprised he even came up. None the less, her voice remained calm, though a little prouder, "My father called me Leo." He'd joked that he wanted a boy. She wasn't sure if it was true, or if it mattered. What she remembered was that her parents loved her, and that was all that mattered correct? She smiled at him, once more ignoring her grief to reply, "It's wonderful to meet you Avin. Do you have a nickname?" She could tell how difficult it seemed to be for the man to provide her with a name. She didn't want to anger him by using it, so the nickname was a good solution. She looked around them, trying to figure out where they were headed.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:58 pm
"Leona," He repeated, testing it out. "That's a beautiful name," He said, nodding. "And I think Avin will do fine," He added, stopping next to a building. He turned his head to see into the doorway, it looked nice enough. "What about here?" He asked, Looking back over his shoulder. "Should have something good here," he joked, not waiting for a reply before entering.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:12 pm
User ImageLeona blushed. She'd only been called beautiful once, and well, to be told your name's beautiful is a good mood lifter. She was a little displeased with the choice of restaurant, but only because the cook didn't adore her. He liked her none the less, so it would have to do. Once inside, she had to shout over the crowd to respond to Avin, "They're potato soup is good. Don't try the chicken though." She actually winced at the thought of it.

Leona, aware of her responsibilities, excused herself for a moment, hurrying to the cook she knew. It was an older woman with more of a paunchy stomach, than purely round. She had a no nonsense temper, so the girl didn't even bother trying to beg. "Whatever I order, can you put half of it at the side? I'll pick it up tonight."

Silently, she passed one of the four coins she stole over to the lady. The cook looked down at it, frowned intensely and questioned, "Did you steal this?"

This time, Leo smiled as she replied, "You didn't, so what does it matter?" before hurrying back to Avin. The chef might not like Leo, but she adored the youngest orphan, Elio, a boy of maybe six: he was a baby when they found him. She knew Leo would insure the food got to him, and therefore she allowed it. When she reached Avin's side, she apologized for leaving, pretending to have gone to the bathroom.

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 pm
Avin glanced to Leona as she returned, studying her face. He turned to face the bar, signaling the barmaid. "Bring me a water, and bring the girl whatever she wants," He said, turning to Leona. "Go ahead, order anything you'd like," He smiled, waiting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 pm
User ImageWith a cautious glance towards him, Leona climbed up onto a bar stool. "I'll take a club sandwich and some potato soup." She ordered quietly, silently praying that the cook would keep half on the side for her. She hadn't eaten in over a week, so she knew half of it she would have to eat. Otherwise she would lose the strength to produce a warmth spell. Climbing onto a bar stool, she glanced back at Avin, and asked softly, "You aren't going to eat?" It wasn't any of her business, as long as she ate, but she couldn't imagine going hungry if she had enough money to feed beggars.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm
"Oh, no," Avin smiled to her, taking a seat beside her. "We don't eat much these days," He shrugged, surveying the room. "And what about you?" He asked, turning to face her once more. "I would have figured you'd like much more than a sandwich and some soup," He said, his crimson eye studying hers.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:16 pm
User Image"If I over eat I'll throw up and that's just a waste of good food." Her voice was matter of fact, and it was quite apparent she spoke from experience. She brushed her hair out of her face, "besides, the sandwiches here a huge." Which was quite obvious from the half that was brought out. Even though the cut part told you it was half, it measured at least 8 inches, and the poor meat and vegetables could barely squeeze their way between the bread. As she took a sip of her soup, that was half empty, she realized what he said, "Wait, you choose not to eat? How?" Her soft eyes were wide with curiosity. Perhaps she could learn to do the same; so that the constant pains in her stomach would cease. Avin seemed nice, perhaps he could teach her this magnificent trick.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 pm
"Choose?" Avin questioned, he thought back, had he said something foolish. When he was sure he'd not erred he shook his head, "There are some who do not require food save for to remember the taste." He paused for a long while, collecting his thoughts. "So," He began, looking down at his glass. "What happened to your parents?" He asked, turning to her.  
Lyndria

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff