Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So cute. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

And sad.
  But so cute.
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:59 am
Iakun: I guess it depends on your definition of normal pet ^.^

MR: Yeah, I think I'm just used to being surprized by you, that it doesn't surprize me anymore. LOL

Purple: If it's so easy to find, why do you have a lack of protein?
I'm not saying that eating meat all the time is a good thing.
I'm just saying that every now and then would be better then never.
Like you're always saying... "everything in moderation"

LOL, Clara the Chicken ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:41 pm
Moon: My mom can't eat most fruits because of the high acid content. And she's a really picky eater on top of that. But she actually does okay with her diet. She doesn't eat enough, but that's another issue entirely. She doesn't eat much meat because it also causes problems for her, and she's pre-diabetic. But she still finds enough to eat. 3nodding

Really? What would I need for a chicken? surprised

Dude: I'm fine now that I've started substituting brown rice for white and whole grains for white breads. I also get broccoli and spinach when I can, and those are packed with proteins. Then there's all my soy junk. But you should talk. "Healthy diet" is not in your vocab. You're the one who should probably be worrying about protein, not to mention other important nutrients. stare And "everything in moderation" does not mean you should partake of everything; it means you should moderate everything you partake of. 3nodding

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm
Dude: *blinks* I can't believe I surprise you in the first place I mean am I really that..."surprising?"

Purple: *nods* Sorry I think it was something I'm more concerned with because of my mother being Diabetic. Right now she's doing alright since she has to watch her carb. count...but when she gets more active I wonder how we'll do since she can only really have 3 meals a day and if she snacks it has to be something that DOESN'T have carbs. in it. Sorry that one was more of a my worry.

Well let me see you need a coop, so they can sleep and lay their eggs and if you only want one, though you won't have eggs just saying, then you don't need something that big just big enough to sleep and stretch a little in when they can't go out of it. After that you can train it to stay in your yard by watching it and herding it. But really you can just let 'em out to eat grubs and stuff. But you'd need grain...er chicken feed for them so a little pan so that way you can easily clean it out in their coop and a thing for water and that's basically it.

Coop - small since you won't have many
Pen- in case you don't want to train 'em to stay in yard again not that big since you won't have many.
Grain/feed - Self explanatory there
Water - Again self explanatory

That's it they're really simple especially since you can toss the feed on the ground outside for them to eat I usually feed 'em in the mornings and let them hunt for grubs and stuff during the day. Then...I think I fed 'em at nights to get 'em back in the pen locked it up then waited till they got tired and they went into the coop. Pretty easy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm
You need plenty of protein and a little fat if you want to have an average body I say. God I really don't mean to sound shallow or anything, but the majority of vegetarians I've seen tend to look a little gaunt and overly lean and sometimes pale.

The only thing I don't like about vegetarianism is that you're essentially limiting your choice of things to eat. Healthier is subjective; even scientific studies are always butting heads on what's best. One day a bit of red meat for you is good, the next it's gonna send you to an early grave. (for the record, I don't even like the heavier meats... I'm all about chicken and fish personally... well, porkchops too, but I don't classify them as being quite so "heavy" as beef and steak)

Though what fascinates me are the various reasons people decide to become vegetarian. I like to hear from each person their own personal reason for making that choice, or if perhaps they grew up in a vegetarian household.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:25 pm
*points and nods* You've got a good point bro that's another reason I say screw this stuff and just eat what tastes good. One minute salt is bad for you the next thing they learn oh crap you actually need some in your diet.

I think another thing it depends on that person too as well as their reasons for doing it. But in the end I just say if they're happy that way more power to them. 3nodding

Edit: You make another good point bro. I'm the same way I'm not a "Heavy meats" eater either. Well...I mean I have it but it's like maybe once a year or so. I'm usually more like you though it's more chicken and pork chops though I do have hamburger...that's probably as heavy as I go on a regular basis.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm
I think the moderation is key mantra is where it's at though. Like Purple said, it doesn't mean having a bit of everything, it's moderating the healthy stuff you should be eating in the first place.

Just yesterday I was chatting to Moon about eating Haagen-Dazs icecream. I was all like MMMMMMMM until I realized I probably ate more than half a cup, and on the label it said half a cup was already nearly 300 calories and had like 60% of the daily intake for the BAD fats. I was horrified and put it back in the freezer.

(not to mention the sugar that's also in it)  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am
I remember that conversation. I never really paid attention to that little thing on the side for the longest time...now I'm having to.

I guess for me I think it's more complicated then all that. You know it one depends on the person some people can eat like Haagen-Dazs ice cream and not gain a pound, while other people can't. Then you take into consideration that not everyone has the exact same...count of what it good for them and bad for them, then you take into account how active the person is, and their metabolism, and then their family genes...it can get quite complicated when it comes to being healthy... *shrugs* But that's just me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:07 pm
One thing isn't complicated though. Even if you have a great metabolism and don't put on weight easily, a skinny person can keep on eating horribly and it WILL catch up with them. My sister takes for granted that she doesn't gain weight and has a perfect body, and she eats way more candy and chips and crap than I do.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Moon: I understand. A medical condition makes things more complex. Has your mom tried any of the different diabetic diets? There's more than one out there, and they all say something different. She might find something that's more enjoyable. surprised

Hey, that does sound pretty simple. Maybe I could get a chicken after all! surprised There's a fence around our backyard, so I wouldn't have to worry about her running off. But there are neighborhood cats. Would that be a problem?

Iakun: Lmao, I am anything but gaunt or lean. I'm pale, but that's cuz I inherited my mom's Norwegian skin tone, and I don't spend time in the sun. I actually don't know any other pale vegetarians. The rest of them spend a lot of time out of doors. Some are definitely leaner than they should be, but most of the vegheads I know look pretty healthy. Maybe you've just seen all the weird ones. xd

It's true that what's considered healthy varies over time. But I feel like I've added up enough evidence to make it more concrete for me. I've found, tho, that it doesn't matter how much evidence you dig up for either side. Most people don't want to change their habits for anything, and that's the real reason that people complain about medical nutrition being so wishy-washy. It gives them an excuse not to change. No offense. xd

My own reasons were moral, as I've said. It's been an uphill battle since I grew up in a "meat and potatoes" house, and fresh fruits and veggies are so frikkin' expensive. stressed

Lol @ ice cream story. I've done that. For me, it was cookies. xd

It is complicated, but I think it's worthy paying attention to. Like you say, even skinny people with great metabolisms can feel the affects of bad eating.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:06 pm
Purple: LOL that seemed like a tougue twister ^.^

MR: lets just say that you're not "normal" in a few ways.
(but heck, neither am I)

Iakun: LOL, half a cup?
When we get ice cream, I probably eat like 3 or 4 cups in one bowl.

I don't think there will ever be a "perfect diet" until they invent a wristwatch that can tell you exactly what chemicals and vitamins are in your body and what you should eat to add to it and be healthy. (and until all foods taste good AND are good for you)  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm
Bro: Very true, very true you can't just take for granted that you got lucky with a great body, high metabolism, and other things you could have possibly lucked out on because KARMA baby it eventually comes around to bite ya in the arse. *nods*

Purple: *blinks* Well we went to a class that we learned a lot but still finding things she can eat, that doesn't tare up her stomach, or strip the skin from her tongue, or other issues isn't easy which limits what she can eat and then add in the fact she's diabetic and ONLY recently got onto the pills. So before hand it was even harder because she couldn't do some of the stuff other diabetics could do, and it makes it quite hard. It also doesn't help that we found this yogurt for her that she liked and it was "Diabetic Friendly" even said so on it had only like a few carbs like 4 or some amazingly low, but wasn't packed with preservatives and stuff so making it bad it was good for you. We found a flavor she liked was getting that for her and what happens...the stuff vanishes! The store doesn't carry it anymore. -_- That has happened multiple times now.

*thinks* Hm...well I had dogs and cats and other animals when I had chickens...I had to worry more about the dogs then the cats, but sometimes you have to watch the cats, but not often that I remember. Usually the chickens are pretty fast and if you hear something, cause they raise a holy fuss when something chases them, you go out and check on it and take action then. *nods*

As for you becoming a vegetarian I think that's great for you if it works and you're happy party on! ^_^ Me I like my meat and potatoes. ^_^

Dude: *chuckles* You're only just now learning this? I love you too. ^_~ lol

As for me and my sweets I don't have a craving for sweets very often but when I do look out, but it never lasts long and I'm good. Even as a child I usually wanted the fruits or veggies rather then the chips or candy.

*chuckles* Hey I like that idea I say Scientists and Doctors and such need to get on that right away! Good idea dude.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm
I hate when that happens! gonk Happens to me a lot too. I find something I love to eat, and it vanishes. Stores need to develop a more set inventory and stick to it. stressed  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:10 pm
I meant half a cup of a measuring cup. If you're eating 3-4 cups of that I'm surprised you haven't sent yourself into a diabetic coma. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm
Yes, he really meant 3-4 measuring cup cups. 3nodding And I'm surprised too. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:05 am
MR: LOL
I knew my idea was cool!
Glad you liked it ^.^

Purple: Unfortunately they'll only do that if it's THEIR product alone that they set anymore. *shudder*

Iakun: Yeah, I like the real rich chocolate ice cream.
I can eat like 2 bowls a day of 2 or 3 (measuring) cups each and be fine.
Except it always sends us to the bathroom for awhile... ^^;  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces