Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
Time Portal! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Celtic zombie-kitten shoudl write a story about this?
  Hey, I'd totally buy this book if I saw it at Barnes&Noble!
  I would be more interested in this story if it was in manga format.
  It would probably do better as a short story than a whole book.
  No, I don't like this story.
View Results

WinterPatriot

Liberal Bloodsucker

8,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Truex and Aengus where messing around with each other.The two where the best of friends,even thought they where diffrent.Just walking out of a restraunt they started telling jokes and laughing.Walking off the food they ate,strolling around the town.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 pm
(jesus, gone for a hour and already two pages? yike..... and heres my introduction! hope you enjoy it, and respond quickly to it....)

Sojef nonchalantly licked a talon. This, of course, made the human across from him with the weapon raise it in a clear threat. The Sabre paid him no heed, continuing to clean his natural weaponry until the human finally cracked and stammered out "Stop it!"

Sojeff immediatly stopped and looked at the human. He could see but a little of the humans face due to the helmet that covered the mans head, but he could see enough of the humans face to see that, despite the weapon, he was afraid of the Sabre.

- It seems that humans, apparently, despite the vast period of time from where I was born and where I am now, are still afraid of big furry things with sharp claws..... interesting. this human has no reason to fear me, due to his weapon, and his armor would slow any attack long enough for more guards to arrive.....-

"why should I, Human? clearrrrrly, you arrre the betterrrr arrrrmed."

"You're making me nervous! I can deal with normal Anthros with claws, but they are at least the same size! you are- are"

"Big, powerrrrful, and have massive teeth. and you call yourself a warrior. Ha"

Sojef thought back to how he had been thrust into the rather bizarre situation.

He had been wandering, as he had done ever since the loss of his Clan. He had become something of a legend amongst the Great Plains of what would become America. Other Sabre Clans left him in peace, did not try to force the legendary Thinker of the BlackStripes to join them, and for that, he was grateful. He had been depressed, for most of his kind was, compared to him, idiots, strong and powerful, but with no thoughts beyond food, mates, and their own Clan. They were not.....Sentient, for he, amongst the entire Sabre race, had had plans to better them all, plans he had spent literally half his life (at the time, normal life) bringing to fruition. He had found that his own kits, all of them, had shown the same intelligence he had supposidly had when he was but a kit himself. they had been vital to his plans, as well as a source of great pride to him, that a Thinker had been able to rise as high as he had. He had loved them so much...

Then it had all come crashing down with that raid... Sojef had told the Clan Leader that it was a mistake to attack the humans, that they would fight back, that many would be lost.

And the Leader had laughed, and gone ahead with the raid. And died, along with almost all of his Clan. Sojef's eyes watered as he remembered the broken and mutilated bodies of his kits lying beside the body of their mother, the only other Sabre he had found that was as intelligent as himself, and who shared his plan to make the Sabres smarter and possibly stronger than the humans who hounded them constantly.

They had taken her claws and her fangs, and he had been enraged by that. Mere death would had turned him from his attack, but a Sabre's fangs were the main source of distinction amongst their race. to take them was a thing of unspeakable desecration and horror to a Sabre....

The pain of the human spears still hurt a little after the years that had passed. He had found the humans who had slaughtered his Clan, boastful, the pelts and fangs of his Clan on their backs, the men proad, loud and full of victory, for they had wiped out a Clan without losing a single Hunter!

He had tainted their victory, for when they paused for rest, he had struck. Like a demon from their legends, he had torn a bloody swathe through them, his rage and pain at the loss of his mate, his young, and his plans for his entire race giving him strength, making him into something the Vikings would know well, and thats others would fear- a Berserker.

He had laid half of them to the dust, never to rise, when one had gotten lucky, and hit him with a spear. the others had rushed him, and dropped him. He had passed out from blood loss, and the only thing that had prevented their leader from opening his throat to be sure he was dead had been the arrival of the Cave Lions, the sometimes enemy of the Sabres. The Lions had driven the remaining humans off, and, amazed at the carnage wrought amongst the enemies of both races, had searched the battlefield, and had found him. Broken, bloody, and more dead than alive, he looked like a corpse to the first Lion who found him. The slash of talons across the Lions muzzle had taught him otherwise, and the Lions had taken him back to their Pride, and their Healer/Leader. She had spent long hours with him, setting broken bones, removing spearheads, and he had pulled through.

Lastera, her name had been, and she had proven as intelligent as he, as well as her entire Clan. It seemed that he was not the only Sentient hunter on the Plains after all. she had listened to his tale, and lamented his loss, for she was trying much the same thing as he had been, only she had succeeded amongst her Pride and to a great degree, her race. He had taken months to recover, and Lastera had offered him a place in her Pride, but he had still been broken by the loss of his Clan, and could not stay. He had left her in the middle of the night, and spent the next half-dozen years wandering, the trauma slowly healing.

He had just pulled down a Megaceros, the giant antlered deer of the plains, when his whiskers had twitched. He gorged himself on the massive deer, then had gone to look for what was happening. it had not taken long- a massive crater, smouldering slightly, had confronted him. it was not the crater itself that had drawn his attention- he had seen similar, after one of the pieces of rock from beyond the sky survived to reach the ground. Nor was it the metal things that trundled through the crater, looking for something- he had seen something similar, in a vessel from beyond the sky that had landed for a time outside his Clan Den, and that he had gone to investigate.

The visitors from beyond the sky had worn metallic suits with armoring scales across their chests and dark helmets obscuring their heads. They had found him, and he spoken with them for a time, marveling that they could understand them, and they he. they had said they had watched this planet for many many years, and had kept a close watch on it, on specifially the humans, who they said were one of the few other intelligent races they had ever found. They had said that, now that they were confronted with two Sentient species, this world would be of special importance to them, for, they told him, then, that having two or more inteligent races on a single planet was something never seen before, unique, to be proud of, and he had agreed. They had asked if they may take what they called a DNA sample, and he had agreed to it. they had then gifted him with several things- that he may live a extended amount of years, that he may manipulate things in the manner of humans, and the promise that they would visit again- perhaps not in a normal Sabres lifetime,or his greatly prolonged lifetime, perhaps not in a thousand lifetimes, but they would return again.

Then they had left, and dispite the many, many years since then that they had given him, he had never seen them again.

The thing that drew his interest in the crater with the metal things moving about in a methodical manner had been the massive rippling vortex. It rippled and roared, energy crackling around it, and he had wondered what it was. he had saw several of the metal objects enter it and return unharmed, and had decided to go through.

He had felt a peculiar rushing sensation, as he was hurtled along what appeared to be a tunnel of shifting colors and light, and had walked out into a room full of blinking, beeping boxes, along with more of the metal moving things and a lot of Humans. He had roared in shock, and one of them had raised what looked like a metal tube. a blinding flash had come, and he had fallen.

Next thing h knew, he had woken up, with his paws bound, and a band around his jaw to keep him from biting. Several humans had been bent over him, poking him with things, and he had growled. To his surprise, he had understood them, and they he- apparently, the Visitors (as he called them) had gifted him with the power to speak in human tongues.

" A sentient Sabretooth? Impossible!"
He had heard, from one of the humans standing over him, as they recovered from the shock of hearing him speak.
" Whats impossible, will be you brrrreathing afterrr I take yourrr head, Human, when I remove it for not rrreleasing me!"

That had ceratianly gotten their attention, and he had been stunned again. When he woke up, he had been here, the restraints gone, in a room with what looked like enclosures, and the Guard. He had been on a soft, padded surface, and water and meat had been beside him. he had not been in a enclosure, and instead in a open area.

Sojef stared at the guard, and coked his head as he looked at the humans throat, then bared his teeth and licked them with his tongue. The guard gasped and scrabbled backwards, only to scowl at Sojefs laughter.

" What is so funny, you damn cat?"
" your rrreaction....oh its funny...you have the weapon, and you'rrre afraid of me? that's rrrrich...and why am I still herrre?"

"Ummmm...someones supposed to be here shortly....apparently the eggheads were more than a little shocked to find a speaking, thinking animal thats been extinct for a couple thousand years on the exam table."

"Animal? Who, me?"
"they changed their mind. they got issues right now other than you. escaping subjects, other random s**t. someone will be along shortly, they told me.....are you going to continue to frighten me?"

Sojef stared at him, then padded over to the soft area and laid down, tail curled around feet, and shook his head at the guards words. Extinct....his entire race was dead. So much the better, it wasn't like he hadn't thought that extinction wasn't a strong possibility... He wondered briefly if Lastera's Cave Lions had survived, and how they had changed, and even if they remembered him. He shook his head again, pushing the thought to the back of his mind, and looked at the Human again.

" No....unless I am forrrced to wait forrr too long. and I get painful if left waiting forrr too long without answers"

The guard gulped.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 pm
((lol. Really long story, Laz, but interesting. Unfortunately, I've come to one of those stuck spots where I can't do anything until either Nicky or Aiden does something... that's the bad thing about multiplayer rp's...))

Desmond couldn't understand a single word of what these strangers were saying and was still too afraid to speak, but he also somehow felt that he would be safer with this female than with anyone else, so he stayed a short distance from her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 am
(the same here...I''m leaving it up to Aiden how to respond to me, since he's the one who seems to have taken on the responsibilites of dealing with the creatures from the past....if he doesn't respond to it, oh well, guess I'll have to work by myself to get Sojef out of where he is.....)  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Super Taco Pocky

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:55 am
(I'm just hiding, you'll never find me, ever.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 am
(Disregarding the last post by Pocky.....)  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am
((C'mon, Aiden. It's completely up to you now. No one else can do anything until you make a decision of what to do with Desmond... we're stuck.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm
( and me, to a lesser ( or greater....not sure which) Extent, I am also waiting on you.... or I could simply post again and work myself out of the situation, if he doesn't come through)  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 pm
((I'll pm Aiden and see if he's coming back. Laz, you go ahead and post something, I guess...))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:40 pm
(*sigh...might as well..... why can people not take ten minutes to post? jeez.....)

Sojef looked up as the door to the room opened, and a man wearing white entered. The human carefully closed the door, then turned to face him.

He was putting on a good show of not being scared, but he couldn't mask the subtle scent of fear from him. He chuckled, and rolled upright, then padded over to the man and looked him over.

"And who would you be? the perrrrson that the guarrrrd herrrre told me was coming?"

" actually, the Professor couldn't come at the moment.... busy with...sensitive matters. I'm Leonard, one of his assistant...."

The man trailed off as the Sabre rolled his eyes.
"What has happened, and wherrrrre am I?"
"Temporal Research Lab.... Your now approximently ten thousand years from when you went through the Portal....."
" I alrrready figurrrred something like that had happened. When I saw humans last, you were still living in caves. Now..."
He waved a massive paw at their surrondings.
"... Now Humans can build, and yourrrr weapons have certainly imprrrroved from spearrr and bow."

The man was staring at him now in awe.
" Forgive me.....do you have a name, or do I just call you Sabre?"

Sojef growled, menacingly, at Leonards words and padded close.
" I have a name....Sojef. Use it"
" Ummm...sorry about that... You are the first talking, sentient creature we've recovered so far.... the first we could get a decent look at, actually...."

Flicking his tail, Sojef yawned.
" So, assistant Leonard, you'rrrre getting a decent look at one now....what do you think?"
" You're fascinating....we had no idea that the ancestors of todays Anthros were sentient that long ago.... This is a breakthrough, truely!"

" Glad you'rrrre so enthusiastic.... What happens to me, though? Go back? rrrremain a 'guest' of yourrr Professorrrr, what?"
" well, first we need to run further test...."
" you alrrrready did, when I woke the first time."
" that was different...."
" Testing is testing.... how does it differrr?"
"Ummmm..."
"It doesn't. As I thought..."

The Sabre stretched, his talons leaving scratch marks on the floor, and both Leonard and the Guard winced at the noise.

" You're not like any Sabre we've found before...."
" That's because I was a mutant, a frrrreak, as some said- Sometimes, I feel as if it would be easierrrrr to fit in without my fangs....Whateverrr. I'm going to take a look arrrround, if you don't mind..."
" Umm.... Prof said noone would be leaving.... already had one specimen escape, we don't want to loose another."

" I didn't ask whetherrrr orrrr not I could Leave."

The Guard grunted as Sojef rammed his hip into his stomach, and his weapon fell from his hands. Sojef pulled back a foot, then rammed his head into the mans gut, and followed it up as the Guard fell with a full strength paw strike with talons retracted, knocking the Human into a wall and knocking him out.

The assistant was turning to run when he swept the mans feet out with a tail sweep, then tapped him, hard, on the head with a paw. The man instantly went limp, and he dragged him into the corner with the Guard, then riffled hs clothes for the device he;d seen Leonard opned the door with. He found it, a strip of glossy black plastic, and inserted it into the panel besides the door, and it opened with a quiet " Buzz."

The place was deserted, but several patrols were still around as he snuck his way through the facility. Luckily he had thickly padded paws which allowed him to move virtually soundlessly, and followed his noise as he paced, sniffing for the breath of Fresh air He 'd scented, and finally came to a room with transparent windows overlooking a variety of oddly shaped...things, things with wheels. He ignored the mysterious objects, and lept onto a console, then onto the glass, which promptly shattered beneath his wieght. He fell, abosrbed the short fall easily, and was up again walking towards the daylight he could see coming from a open doorway.

- Ahhhh...freedom....how I miss you...now, to see firsthand what loosing it will do to you.-  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:34 pm
(so much for people coming back to post.....)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 pm
(((I FOUND IT FINALY!!!!))

-Alra ran threw the only woods that felt safe and called home-  

litiia

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:25 pm
( okay, wayyyyy too short of a post, Litiia. look at the rest of us- at least 3-4 sentences. too short to respond to, and I'm not even going to try. Its insulting.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 pm
(Can I just fly in on a jetpack, fighting a T-rex with the soiled panties of the many women I ********?)  

Super Taco Pocky

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:32 am
(probably not....why haven't you posted for real in here, Pocky?)  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff