Reply Gundam Armada Headquarters
Turn A Gundam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 am
Not that they would do all that much damage. I mean they hit the destiny point blank and did nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 am
If anything at least those railguns did destroy Destiny's antiship sword.

Though it somewhat strikes me as odd though, why do a lot of the Gundams in GSD use phase shift armor when a lot of the mobile suits out there use beam weaponry?  

ArgentCat

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:00 pm
Because in the beginning during seed, only the federation had beam weaponry. Only after Zaft copied their tech did both sides have beams.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:53 pm
Er, did you like completely misunderstand what I was asking? What's with the Gundams using Phase Shift Armor in Seed Destiny when a lot of mobile suits use beam weaponry?

It's totally understandable in Seed since it was (OMG stolen new technology, let's use it on our newest prototypes!), but Seed Destiny?

By that time surely ZAFT and the EA knew that the opposing side had beam weapons on mass produced MS if they paid attention to the previous war (the GuAIZ and Strike Dagger)

I'm probably thinking too much on it though. >_>  

ArgentCat

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:16 pm
Well in Destiny they started to make those shields that could block almost any plasma beam. And I'm sure the phase shift, still provided more defense than the previous models, even if all the weapons were now plasma.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 pm
They don't use plasma. Beams and plasma are two different things. If it was plasma they would have called them plasma rifles and plasma sabers instead of beam rifles and beam sabers.  

Gelenor the Blood Knight

ArgentCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:55 pm
Phase Shift gives no protection against energy based weaponry. On the other hand, projectile based weapons and explosives are pretty useless against it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 pm
....Why are you telling us this? Anyone who has watched even the first or second episode of seed knows that.  

Gelenor the Blood Knight

ArgentCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:02 pm
Er, it was directed at Mav?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 pm
Ohhh ok sorry about that. XD sweatdrop  

Gelenor the Blood Knight

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm
I'm sure other than it looking cool it might have some other benefits, although still has the major draw back that without it the suit doesnt seem to run as well.

And I know there are different types of beams, however most that we have do not do anything destructive except work as security systems (infrared) or as a pointer (typically using radiation).  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm
Well we are not talking about what we have, we are talking about what they have.  

Gelenor the Blood Knight

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 am
Yeah, although you have to wonder what it is they use and if it'd actually work  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 am
Considering how much of a technological difference there is between us and them, that is not really the issue. They have space colonies....we haven't even set up a moon base yet.  

Gelenor the Blood Knight

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am
Yeah, just think how much money would have to go into building that, not to mention you'd have to build a self sustaining colony and get sections to rotate to create gravity and many more factors  
Gundam Armada Headquarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff