Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((OOC Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic fans, anyone?
  Hellz Yeah
  Hellz No
  Sonic who?
  The Hedgehog you dolt! :P
View Results

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm
Of course I won't just accept anyone. I even had to decline some fire-profiles, but for the most part everyone was the first to apply for their Crystal, so I was lucky to get such great people. I don't mind hinastar being less experienced, because even though she doesn't post as much in one go, she plays her character well.

Yeah, we can put in a Chocobo when the time comes. Maybe as transportation to Renara when we go for the Earth Bearer. However, don't go adding Moogles. The way I intend for it to be is that they exist, but they are only in a hidden place and no one in Seilleanna knows about them. They will have a very important role, as guardians of a special person. Actually, there are two groups of them, guarding two special people. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 pm
Oh dear lord, I don't care who they are guarding. Just the thought of being surrounded by those things, no matter how menacing they appear, just makes me laugh to no end. I like the FF games where the Moogles actually have a role in society and aren't just there as a creature of legend (or stupid dolls *cough* FFX). FF12 was pretty good with the moogles, having them as the primary Airship mechanics and a few travelling merchants.  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 am
I know, not exactly the most intimidating force, but in many games Moogles have been powerful magic casters. Some have even been flat out a**-kicking warriors, like in FFVI and Tactics A&A2. They certainly wouldn't look intimidating, but a group of moogles with the sole purpose of protecting two very special people... they definitely wouldn't be your run-of-the-mill mail-moogles.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:26 pm
Hahahaha. Oh damn I did just release my Inner Jace! Hey Lythe you play magic?  

Vizzion

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm
Lol, she practically said she was obsessed with it. So yeah, she plays Magic.

What do you all think of my way of getting things moving? If anyone wants to take liberties with any of the new characters and make them of a significant relation to one of your characters, then feel free. I left them mostly blank slates besides their gender for that purpose. So all of them hold Fate, Darkness, Fire, and Thunder, and all of them are male except for Darkness. Anything else you guys can make as you see fit if you want to spice things up.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 pm
Nicely done, although I found that every bar patron being killed was slight overkill, poor peoplez sad But it provided a reason to get going, lol, it's sort of a omg omg 'what's behind the door, who's gonna open it first?!" type thing XD

Are these the jealous scholars from Crylos Vizz suggested before?

Yay, possibly get to see some action here...but just wondering Drac, is Bahamut (the thing I'm assuming made the earthquake and noise right?) really far off? Or are we about to have a giant dragon thingy chasing all of us down the canyons of Tylem?

Important travel decision: Go by land as normal, but in the Renara section of the first page it mentioned the Minotaur Tunnels, which extend practically all between the nations, and are used as a transport system. I see it as a viable option if we are able to find one of those tunnels smile  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm
Well, I know it was overkill, but they'd be leaving witnesses if they came in and made them all leave. And on top of that, they don't know what the people might have seen of the Crystals, and that is also reason to kill them all. It may have been overkill, but it was logical overkill. Not to mention that some of them were Harrier and Alane's friends, so they will be especially pissed off.

And they mentioned that they were hired, so they are mercenaries. The Crylos Scholars are involved with Metrino hiring them, but we'll probably be seeing the scholars later.

Bahamut is VERY far away, and we won't see him for at least a little while. I may have him show up in Renara, but it's too soon to be facing something as powerful as the King of Dragons.

And that was exactly the reason I made the tunnels in the national description, because I guessed they would eventually be a logical route choice for the group. It could be a way for them all to sneak into various nations, so long as they have a map, because there are more tunnels that lead to more places, and it is like a spiderweb. It is so difficult to know where you are going in there that nobody would expect say... an attack on the evil corporation in Metrino, to come from one of those tunnels.

I just wanted to say guys, I am definitely happy to have all of you on this story. I just felt like saying that again because I'm genuinely surprised at how much all of yo have added to the story, and how much you have made use of the little wild-cards I threw into the national descriptions. A lot of that stuff I didn't know how they would be used in the stories, but I hoped one of us would find a use for them, and I am happy to be correct. This is really the best RP I have ever been in. Thanks for joining, guys. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 pm
@Vizzion I totally play...I run an Esper Artifact deck

about more important things:
Aww Draco XD. No, I'm actually really excited I joined. I am absolutely loving this. You guys are rad.
I'm dying to get to the other side of that door XD. I'm just gad Bahamut's not on the other side. You did a pretty dramatic job of shifting things back into gear.
It sounds funny now, but I also can't wait to talk to Miya. Ever since Draco's twist of Alessa being the former light bearer, I've been waiting to find out that backstory haha. Like there's a variable in my character's own history and whole other story behind it all. I LOVE twists.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:12 am
It's true. It's so hard to find a perfect Roleplay that can go through to the end. Especially Group RPs. So many different factors weigh in that it is hard to keep one going most of the time.

But for now nobody knows that Miya is a previous generation bearer, and she intends to keep it as such for a while. So that conversation will have to wait until everyone finds it out. And who knows? They may just find out another interesting fact at the same time, depending on how that plays out. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:07 pm
I am just glad that my second profile got accepted! I almost missed this awesome RP!

@Lythe: Im more of a casual player. I run a mean Grindstone deck! Also, I am kinda liking this friction between Jolyre and Orin. Two opposing personalities travelling in one group chirping at each other!  

Vizzion

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:13 pm
Draconia Crystalis

What do you all think of my way of getting things moving? If anyone wants to take liberties with any of the new characters and make them of a significant relation to one of your characters, then feel free. I left them mostly blank slates besides their gender for that purpose. So all of them hold Fate, Darkness, Fire, and Thunder, and all of them are male except for Darkness. Anything else you guys can make as you see fit if you want to spice things up.
...hey, how come only Darkness is female? sweatdrop

I seem to be running dry lately on this rp. I apologize.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 pm
Hello everyone! (And I hope everyone reads this... >.<)

I plan on doing sketches and probably mock-anime openings for each character/ combos. At the current time and place I'll probably just do a sketch and then a full colored picture, but I wanted to throw out there that I may be doing some scenes with music.

It would be easier on me and more pleasurable to you all if you described your character and their clothes. You can make Tek-Tek avi's for them if you want or you can just tell me. Because I know that the pictures for my characters don't exactly match (i.e. Harrier's a whole red head, not like his picture's red and blonde. And I know he never got a tattoo like that), and I'm guessing that all of yours doesn't either.

A theme song or two would be cool. Sort of like a before and after, or opening and ending that would seem fit. If you don't have time or just don't think of one, I can get you some that I think fit. For examples if you haven't already one just look at Drac, Drei and my themes and explanation
( *saysinareallyfastvoice* Warning: No explanation is required. Remember this is all not required, only preferred. If no theme then I will pick a song that I deem fit to your character based off of past posts and profile. If no extra character description then I will make personal appearance off of profile picture. Color schemes will be based off of description and Crystal. If no Crystal then please inform me of your scheme) .

I won't guarantee that it will be done quickly, just that it's out there as a highly likely thing I'll do for fun. Once I have character sketches all done and out of the way, I will make an all group shot. (Each character lined up with no background, showing clothing, personality and interactions between other characters.)  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:48 pm
For the sake of everyone catching up with at least one post, I resisted the urge to bust down the door and leap into a battle scene. I did take charge though, which i'll try not to do so much because i find that my innovative ideas tend to make me a co-leader of RP's next to the actual creator lol. I'll provide the push, you guys bring in the power. The only reason Suri can do what he can with his Crystal is in part due to the technology he's made of. So he has early base- abilities, but not much else. He'll have to unlock his potential just like everyone else.

When I get a good feel for how everyone manifests their powers in creative ways, I'll really be able to mesh in some interesting situations later on. And now that I think on it, my character is made a little dis-proportionately, so I DO plan on removing his legs upon our eventual return to Metrino XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm
@Vizzion. XD I know. I love it. I saw your post and I was just like "OH....he went there...he italicized it."
It's always better when there's conflict within the group trying solve the main...thing.
@Claided. That sounds really cool actually. I'll send you a PM with the description.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 pm
Scythe de Zaran
Draconia Crystalis

...hey, how come only Darkness is female? sweatdrop

I seem to be running dry lately on this rp. I apologize.

Hhhmmm, well I was thinking maybe getting on a different pace would allow you some more inspiration. If not, just try putting yourself in the character's shoes and putting out what comes natural. Even if it takes a while. Immersion is usually my favorite strategy. I love getting right in the shoes of my character and feeling what they feel. xd Don't worry though, as long as you remain enthusiastic and interested, ideas should come eventually.

In terms of the new Darkness, well, maybe we could edit it so that another is female. However, something I was thinking is maybe this female could be a Nero Angeal with a grudge against our characters. She could be a relative from a branch of the family that never got along with our "main branch" or could have some other reason to hate us, if you could think of any.

@Lythe: Oh yeah, s**t just got real. 3nodding

I can't wait to see what my character really looks like in Claided's head though. I hardly know what to picture him as, since I don't really like the one that I picked out. It is the only one that fit the bill for the most part and didn't look intimidating as a fighter.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff