Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Are you open about being a furry? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FANGwoof

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:58 am
I'm only open about being a furry on the internet. Not many people around here know what furries are and the ones that have heard of them think that all furries yiff and I'm one of the ones that don't. The only time I was ever close to being open about it was when I used to wear my collar to school before my mom told me I couldn't and the one time I wore my wolf tail to the mall. I have to say, I kinda enjoyed the attention it brought though....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 pm
TheFoxDude32
I guess I'm a little open. I tend to hiss at people and things I don't like.
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed this.

I remember that ever since I was younger I used to growl at things or people I didn't like. I only stopped when one of my friends yelled at me for it in 6th grade and said "Quit it! Your not some type of wolf or a dog, you're a human!" I remember that actually kind of hurt my feelings and I haven't done it since. I do however still make an involuntary yelping sound if I hurt myself or something startles me.

So basically you can say that I've been aware of my furriness since a young age. I actually designed my fursona way back in 5th grade when I was only 11 or 12.  

FANGwoof

the_amazing_sina-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:55 pm
I'm open about being a fur when I'm around other furs or people who know I'm a fur. However, I don't particularly hide it. If someone asks, I'll tell them. If they see me drawing a furry in class and ask, I'll tell them. And when I get a tail and ears, I'll wear it out in public... with a friend. redface  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 pm
I think I'm fairly open, but I'm not a true fur, least I don't really see myself as one. I'm a therian (look it up if unsure), but I do have furry tendancies, and my furry friends just put me into said classification *shrug*. My friends know, well, most of them, and my mom.. kinda knows ( I 'thank' CSI for making that akward to talk about) as well as my brother. I don't wear anything, as my fursona is a scaley, but if I had something with ears or horns about I think I would wear em. Heck, collars are nothing where I'm from, I doubt wearing animalistic gear outside would be much of a stretch.  

Jara Dreath

A Court of Owls

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 pm
Nah, aside from the internet, I don't really let many people know, mostly since I don't think many people aorund where I live actually know what a Furry is. There is one exception, a friend and fellow coworker knows that I'm a furry since I have my fursona pic on my Facebook page.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:07 pm
I am open on the internet, with a few friends and with my husband. My mom already doesn't like my being pagan so. And my brother would harass me even more...

I used to wear my tail a lot in high school, but since I had my daughter I've kind of toned it down a bit. I am looking in to getting a full fursuit though. I'm getting all excited about that.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Randi Moonsong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 am
I'm pretty open about being furry. I don't go around telling random people, or anything for no reason, but if it comes up, I'm not afraid to explain my perspective.

I love to wear my collar around. I haven't been since my mate broke up with me, but I will get back to it soon. I was wearing it for myself, not for them anyway. I had my collar made and I specifically designed it so that there is a ring at the "back" near the buckle just like a dog collar. I even have a really nice tag with my name on it that hangs from the ring. I wore it all last semester to school, and had no problems.

Anyway, I'm happy to be furry, and even though in the past I would hide it... I don't care anymore. I am who I am. My parents and friends all know about it, and they don't seem to mind it at all.

On the note of animal noises, I tend to growl at things I don't like too, and I purr when I'm happy, even though I'm a dog. *shrugs* It's what feels right, and that's all I care about.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:26 am
I would be more open about being a furry but I have no way to do it  

Takashi_The_Dragon

3,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Lilith Tigris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm
Quite proudly actually. I wear my tail (and for anyone who may know the artist it's a white tiger set by beetlecat) and my collar quite often. I try to get away with my ears but they hit the ceiling of any car I've ever sat in (and I'm short >.>) so they for the most part stay home.

I've never lost friends due to it in fact quite the opposite. At first I ask them their opinion of me as a person and then explain to them a sub-culture of people who relish the thought of being, possessing traits of, or just love animals. A harmless pastime for some a deep entrenching lifestyle for others it's in no way harmful to other people and in fact has brought some great things to the world.

My goal is to get to the uninformed before the haters do. I've been an all over unusual advertisement in my community as my tail is a public part of me. It goes to school on my butt, goes to the local mall on my butt, and for random strolls wherever I go on my butt ^w^

I do know some people view it as some random teenage fashion thing, what they don't know is I'm not as young as I appear. Turning 18 this year I look twelve >.> but hey no one complains I even have some fans razz Little kids love my tail! I'm currently working on a partial fursuit for myself which again will be wore publicly and as often as I can get away with. I'm not afraid of what people think, if they think I'm a freak then so be it. They can live their silly little wannabe rockstar / moviestar / model / "insert rich and famous job here" lives and I can be happy, loving, and furry!

*Happy Paws*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 pm
Aakosir
I am open on the internet, with a few friends and with my husband. My mom already doesn't like my being pagan so. And my brother would harass me even more...

I used to wear my tail a lot in high school, but since I had my daughter I've kind of toned it down a bit. I am looking in to getting a full fursuit though. I'm getting all excited about that.

Oh a fullsuit would be awesome! Any particular suit makers you looking at or are you maybe looking into making it yourself?  

Lilith Tigris

Lilith Tigris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm
FANGwoof
TheFoxDude32
I guess I'm a little open. I tend to hiss at people and things I don't like.
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed this.

I remember that ever since I was younger I used to growl at things or people I didn't like. I only stopped when one of my friends yelled at me for it in 6th grade and said "Quit it! Your not some type of wolf or a dog, you're a human!" I remember that actually kind of hurt my feelings and I haven't done it since. I do however still make an involuntary yelping sound if I hurt myself or something startles me.

So basically you can say that I've been aware of my furriness since a young age. I actually designed my fursona way back in 5th grade when I was only 11 or 12.

I had a similar experience with two of my uncles. They used to make fun of me for hissing at them when I was younger. It stung me (at that time for unknown reasons) and the hurt I felt I kept bottled up until high school where I met some people who talked about it in my vicinity but never revealed it to me as exactly what it was. I had to find another person to explain the concept to me and I was absolutely ecstatic to find out there were others like me. My uncles promptly received a great deal of a verbal thrashing for what they put me through as a child though. I hid it all for far too long and I do blame them for not realizing just how much it hurt. It may have been cute and funny to tease me about but I was too young to really understand it was just playful on their end. But hey I'm not a pity case, hell I'm happier than I've ever been because I'm a fur. Dunno what the rest of the world is fussing about ;P  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 am
I've actually started wearing a dog collar everywhere I go, so I guess you could say I'm a little open, though I don't think many people around where I live actually know what a furry is...  

A Court of Owls

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am
I would, but then I think about the negitive things. One like being hunted for sport.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm
No one ever asks so I never tell, though I think a lot of the people I know can easily figure it out.  

Medicinal Hugs

guilmon__XD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:21 pm
Astral The Fox
mmm.... i would like to tell others im a furry but..... they just make fun of me. They become scared of me, and wont talk. I once told my teacher about it, since i was always looking up furries on google, and when she looked at this certain site.... oh god was she concerned about me. heh.... even my own mother thought about sendin me to a shrink! Ah man.... not the best time of my life, yeah? Fortunatley everyone seems to have forgoten about the little incident. Now the only ones who know are my friends, one of them being a furry himself, and im rather scared of telling others. But... man i want to tell others so badly! I want them to know who i really am....
i know how you feel i have almost been sent to a therapist over being a furrie wich is why only my closest friend at all i mean its infuriating not being able to be myself unless its just me and my closest friends (srry thought i put that in there the first time)  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff