Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm
[Kegan]
I assume you mean elevator. Fun fact.

That has only ever happened once, and noone died.

There are so many redundant cabled holding up the weight of the elevator, that no event, barring the complete annihilation of the building itself has ever cut all the cables.

All modern elevators shafts are equipped with a system of brass boots, which would slow your descent so much that you'd probably come to a full stop well before impact from terminal height.

Scary falling elevators are on of the biggest loads of horse-s**t to ever come from Hollywood.

lol nope i meant escalator it was the going down one and then it sped up really fast and my pants got caught in the stair thing
And also im glad to hear that about elevators cause those freak me out too O_O  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:16 am
I had a dream last night where I learned to fly. It's not uncommon in my dreams for me to be able to suspend myself a few inchest above the ground, or glide weightlessly on my toes. When I am in those dreams I simply know how to do it, and the ability is familiar to me. It's never like a new discovery. I simply push off the ground with some kind of invisible force, which comes from some kind of exertion. I know it's me pushing against the ground, but it's not physically exhausting, so it's probably dream telekinesis. If I push hard, I could jump slowly, up, and glide back down, but this isn't flight.

In this dream, I trained with a group of androgynous monks, who all dressed similarly in the desert, and they explained to me the power of certain forms and poses, to direct the energies of my mind, or something. Flying was not the only ability granted by this knowledge, but also pushing and other things. When flying I would get a running start and swan dive into the ground, before swooping up, as if by mario's cape ability. and turning gravity into forward motion.

It was exhilarating, and difficult to control, so the dream ended up with my faceplanting, and waking up.

I wonder if this ability will become as common in my dreams as the ability to float, now that my mind has invented a feeling for this sensation.

Lately my dreams are bleeding into my other long term memories, and when trying to recall events of the past day, I will start recalling dreams from the night before in it's place. This is very odd, as the brain has a habit of forgetting dreams which aren't tied down when you wake up, and the only dreams you can really tie down are from your most recent dream cycle.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 am
Kegan, I envy you.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:00 am
My dreams have gotten better and better as I've become more aware of them.

I used to really focus on it, and that's when I started having the occaisional lucid dream event.

It's really just something you have to set your mind to. I obviously stopped focusing on my dreams as much, as I never really became DREAM MASTER, but I used to set my alarm for odd hours, so that I could break my dream cycles midway through and record my dreams.

That became too much, once I got back into school, and then I never started again.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 am
Damn school. :/ Then again, being woken up at 7am is odd for me, as naturally I sleep until mid-day.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff