Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Script - George Romero (HERE!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Better or worse?
  Better
  Worse
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:08 pm
Yeah, that's a good point. Resident Evil is a lot... A LOT more than just a zombie franchise.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:06 pm
Resident Evil is a great franchise all around....this movie, i may give it a look-see, but not before at least reading one review....(Because the credibility of the critics is unrivaled! o_O)  

JeffesinFerre

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:48 pm
Even though the story is a bit(lets not beat around the bush, its really tweaked), the cinematic moments in the movie are true to both Romero's style and the resident evil style.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:52 pm
Still.. He took WAY too many liberties with that script. People can bag on Anderson all they want, the movie series would have been so much worse if it followed the script that Romero wrote.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Still.. He took WAY too many liberties with that script. People can bag on Anderson all they want, the movie series would have been so much worse if it followed the script that Romero wrote.

I can understand your passion for Resident evil because i share that disease too. But dont bag on Romero so much, atleast he would have done the "horror" aspect of the game some justice...the stuff Mr. ANderson (matrix style) put out was good but not true scary.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:00 pm
Hey, Anderson took things FROM the game... He took that whole drop the gun then drop down, pick up the gun and shoot the enemy straight from the game.
In a way, Resident Evil the game went Matrix before Anderson came along.

And I'm not bagging on Romero. He can make a great zombie flick, just not a great Resident Evil flick... Resident Evil may involve zombies, but it's a hell of a lot more than a zombie game or a zombie franchise.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:05 pm
There's a thing about Romero that we are all forgetting. In each and everyone of his movies he has no cause for the virus. And it's straight zombie movies, no lickers, tyrants, giant snakes or anything else. Hes more restricted than what he normally is. Thus the quality of the movie just isn't as good.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:15 pm
If you wanna see a zombie movie, yes. But Resident Evil was inspired by Romero's Zombier movies and from what I've seen by such other franchises as Jurassic Park, Gremlins, Indiana Jones, umm... And a bunch of other Spielberg movies??  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zettran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hey, Anderson took things FROM the game... He took that whole drop the gun then drop down, pick up the gun and shoot the enemy straight from the game.
In a way, Resident Evil the game went Matrix before Anderson came along.

And I'm not bagging on Romero. He can make a great zombie flick, just not a great Resident Evil flick... Resident Evil may involve zombies, but it's a hell of a lot more than a zombie game or a zombie franchise.

Yes your right...but did the Matrix move ever happen in RE. I'm just saying that the reason i did'nt like the current movie's is because they dont scare you the way RE did. It was all action and minimal scary. I will respect one thing, the movie's portrayal of zombie's and even the licker was dead on. Nemesis was handsome even though he had a rather odd gun.

Honestly, everyone loves RE because it gave you sense of true fear for the life of the character. I wont lie, most of the time i cursed myself for makeing a blundering mistake that got Jill, Clair, Billy, Chris, Rebecca, and all the other's dead. If the movie don't scare you till you beg it to stop...then i don't think it quite captures the style.

I wont touch this subject any more but I think Romero would have done a much better job than Anderson any day. I do respect what other's think so thats why i move my hat from the race.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:34 pm
Romero would have made Resident Evil another zombie movie. And you know what? It might not have been that scary. Romero's last one, Land of the Dead had the best zombie effects I've ever seen for the most part and a decent storyline, but it was NOT scary.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 pm
WTF? Chris is Native American? He's not even with S.T.A.R.S.? He ******** Jill? Jill's on Bravo Team? What? Barry's black?!?! What the hell?!? Even so, I think I still would of rather seen this movie than the crap we got... this is crap too... but slightly less.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff