Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Yuugiou: Bonds Beyond Time Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:38 pm
Hm, my guess is that it would be a St. Patrick's Day thing; that's usually the only time just about anywhere sells mint shakes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:23 pm
Possibly, but I think they carried it for about a month or two.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm
That's usually what places do though; have it for a month before and a month after St. Patrick's.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 am
Yea, but then you can at least find it for 1/6th of the year, better than nada right? Anyhow I'm not entirely sure it was a St. Patrick's Day special, at the same time Silo Carls is not a regular Carls, and just because Silo has it doesn't mean a normal branch would.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
True. XD Or better than only 1/365th of the year. And hm, interesting. I have no idea what Silo Carls is.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am
Haha, no Silo Carls isn't a place (well not in the sense you are thinking). I used to work for a company called Sodexo, and the company ran most of the food establishments on campus. The Dining Commons, The Mondavi Centre (which is a theatre but Sodexo ran concessions) and The Silo. Silo is just a building (that probably used to be part of a silo back when Davis was all farmland) that houses Pizza Hut, Carls Jr, Silo Express (premade food), Brennans (they sell Starbucks coffee), Silo Sandwiches, a crepe place and Taco Bell. By specifying "Silo" Carls I just mean that Sodexo wasn't necessarily affiliated with any of the fast food branches they bought from. So places within Silo would not sell the exact same menu you'd get at a normal establishment, we didn't take general pizza hut or whatever coupons, we weren't affiliated with the businesses in that sense. And at times, we had things on our menu that you wouldn't find at the normal locations. And visa versa. Sometimes after events we'd have a lot of something, like say mint chocolate chip ice cream. So it's more than probably we'd just have our Carls Jr add that flavor of milkshake until we depleted the stock, for no reason other than we had stuff. And because we aren't entirely individual locations, our stock could cross between units. Which is why Carls Jr in Silo could end up with things that might never be on the menu at a normal location, for no reason, other than Sodexo has extra product to move. So yea, Silo is where I used to work, and everything housed in Silo wouldn't necessarily be comparable to what's on the outside.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 pm
Ah, okay. Yeah, the Memorial Union at ASU is kind of similar. They don't have Kids Meals for Burger King and Chick Fillet, and they have different types of combos at places and such too. Dang, maybe that mint shake will never exist for me. XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:28 am
Haha, well don't give up. And again I don't 100% remember the circumstances in which we got it, so if you are ever at Carls, especially around St. Patrick's Day, you might as well take a look. I mean I've had their shakes (chocolate) at a non-Silo place so I know they are equal quality even outside of UCD. Thus, if a regular Carls ever does get a mint it'll probably still be epic.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:19 pm
Yeah, just the problem with that is I have not been to a Carls Jr. in about 10 years, and I'm not sure how interested I am in starting to visit them just to see if they have mint shakes. XP If I was guaranteed a mint shake, I'd be all over that, but I'm not, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 am
Most fast food places have a website that put their menu online, so you can see what they have at pretty much any general location. I haven't checked for Carls but in the internet age I would say there is a 180% chance that they do. So you could check to see what they have generally, or check online around St. Patrick's Day and see if they have specials of the mint shake variety. But yea I know tons of people who only patronize certain places for specials, so they keep an eye out for ads, or check online at certain times of year to see if they can find what they want.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:38 pm
Already ahead of you. Back when you first mentioned the mint shake I looked a menu up online and didn't see it. So I assume it's more of an even thing or only at specific locations. So I'm not guaranteed one in the least. Though I will check around St. Patrick's Day.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 am
Hehe, after I said that I was like...huh, ya know stalking a fast-food place seems crazy. My friends are crazy!

ninja  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 pm
Not to mention it only reaffirms the American stereotype, "Gimme mah shake!! scream "  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm
The Abridged summed their relationship up pretty well: "Now our threesome is complete."  

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 am
TAS Bonds Beyond Time definitely makes me want a lot more crossover, although I still have only ever invested time in the original series, so I want more original series characters in play as well. Not very likely to happen, but I can hope. Still keep saying I'll give 5D a shot one day, but that's yet to happen. I've watched a bit of GX and I can't see myself getting invested there, but maybe one day. I think I'd miss the original sidekicks less if I cared more about the other series' mains.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff