Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Guardians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:04 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou
Allsixcolours
Sonkurra-Taichou
Just pointing out that this guild and the idea of a Guardian are two completely separate things. Just saying.

Oh? Do tell us how it is completely different, I'm curious as to what you have to say to support that.

Well, the guild in general isn't all about Guardian. Sure, we had this topic about it, but other than that, we can't let people think we are in any MAJOR way a part of Guardian. It was an idea, a philosophy. While I certainly agree with everything the idea stands for, it is not all this guild is about. From my point of view, it seemed like the new member was getting that in his head.

Forgive me if there is/was any miscommunication. I mean no harm, really.

Certainly we are all walking on thin ice with this. But control is a good thing to learn, Mmm? Choose the battles that are worth fighting.

I really rather prefer not to have any battles o.o To be honest, I'm a bit lost as to what you are referring to, I was just curious as to your thoughts on the differences. Guardians and this guild are certainly different. Dalcain was referring to a different guild entirely if you did not catch that... And there is no reason to apologize, you have said nothing wrong. Unless offering ones opinions on the internet is now a crime, like they believe in the chatterbox sweatdrop

Was he referring to another guild?! Well crap. Now I just feel stupid. I think it's time for me to go to bed. Obviously my brain is not functioning at full capacity. To be frank, I'm amazed I can form a coherent sentence. Right. Well. I'll make another post later tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!

We have all been there >.< Its alright, no worries.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:41 am
I guess its my time to speak my thoughts..

This Guardian thing Allsixcolours is talking about isn't just nonsense. You can't erase doubts of course, I think its been people's defense against things they don't want to accept or hard to accept.

But anyway if you guys want to confirm if what he said is true, why don't you check it out? try talking to him. You don't lose much in trying but you will be left skeptical and curious at the same time for not doing so.

You ask How and Why I support him? Well, I'm one of the people who doesn't believe. But that was before. I tried talking to him one on one for I don't want to be influenced by what other people says just to clear out things. What I'm trying to say here is give it a try and it will mean more, just like what I did (Yeah, I know we're different from each other but don't you want to feed your curiosity?)  

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:03 am
I recently have joined the guild, Interesting responses....
You'll be glad to know I am the leader of the Guardians, so if you have any questions, let me know.
bumbleshot was skeptical as she said, however she took it a chance and as I quote "I learned more from the guardians in a month than I did from the ORS in years".
Although, I'm going to tell you one thing about the guild, it's not so much about being capable of using energy and mastering it, it's more about being capable of using it to your advantage and those around you.
The usage of energy is made to only positively influence those such as rape victims as Mr.Taichou was assuming. You cannot negatively influence someone with happy thoughts fed through by positive energy.
And No I'm not talking about morale support, I'm talking about actually feeding energy into them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm
I'm calling total bullshit.

You can't have a leader of the Guardians. That by itself betrays the very idea proposed. By having a single power greater than the others, the act of selflessness is violated. A leader cannot exist while also giving all of themselves to others; part of them has to focus within to keep the title of Leader.

Besides the fact that it seems EXTREMELY coincidental that the "Leader" just happens to be in this guild, and just happened to read the post.

Even with feeding happy thoughts and energy, you can still mess up. I know from experience. We are still dealing with unstable people. It is similar to how children with ADD are actually given a stimulant to help them stay calm. Certain things work different ways with different people. Not everyone responds well to cheer. I assume nothing. If I make a statement, more often than not it is backed by experience or fact.

A wise man once said "Never give power to those who make claim to it."  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou

Do you know the name of that wise man? I like that quote.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou

You can't have a leader of the Guardians. That by itself betrays the very idea proposed. By having a single power greater than the others, the act of selflessness is violated. A leader cannot exist while also giving all of themselves to others; part of them has to focus within to keep the title of Leader.

Besides the fact that it seems EXTREMELY coincidental that the "Leader" just happens to be in this guild, and just happened to read the post.

Even with feeding happy thoughts and energy, you can still mess up. I know from experience. We are still dealing with unstable people. It is similar to how children with ADD are actually given a stimulant to help them stay calm. Certain things work different ways with different people. Not everyone responds well to cheer. I assume nothing. If I make a statement, more often than not it is backed by experience or fact.

I am not claiming I'm the leader, However I am captain of the guild and I joined LONG after this post was established, one of the students was telling me about the responses so after the 40th or so response, I chose to come and see whats up.
Also I am the one posting lessons to give people a good stand before they go off finding their own discoveries about being a guardian. And your thinking of stimulants.
Your thinking inside of the box, if you give someone positive energy such as happiness, how can they derive depression from such, it's like saying kicking a soccer ball will make you fatter.
I understand your point of view, however it is something necessary. Hell this type of energy is commonly given and taken, A hug exchanged between two is a common example. An even more mutual, a Kiss. This can be done by guardians with out the use of interaction.(well the kiss, you'd need to be good at it O-o)  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou

it does. but he meant the guild. he's the leader of the Guardians guild.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm
Well, wasn't this fun? Its great stress relief to point fingers and call names, right? Anyway, not once has Monckey proclaimed himself to be a "leader of the guardians" in any way, he was using the phrase here to imply that he was the captain of the guild, and essentially teacher to all the guardians that so choose to learn here on gaia. I spend a lot of time here (too much, really) and have not once seen anyone else with his ideas or questions. Not only would it be impossible to lead a group such as the guardians, for reasons I am sure that you can work out on your own, but I doubt he would want to. He expresses only the will to teach others what he has learned. I think this has been a large misunderstanding, and no hard feelings were meant. Now, as for that quote... I do like it >.< do you know the name by which this wise man was referred to?  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:59 am
Let's get things straight here. "The Guardians" is just a name for people with some psychic or magic ability who are drawn to helping other people: that's the sole defining criteria, so it also means there are a lot of people whom Monckey and AllSixColours call "Guardians" who would never think of themselves as Guardians. Many of us might be Guardians, in fact. Thus, there can be no "leader", as a good number of people won't even recognise that they're part of the group that the leader supposedly rules. So, in addition to monckey's assertion that he's not the leader of the Guardians as a whole - just the Guardians Guild - there can be no leader at all, and any claim to such a title would be laughable. He could potentially be the "Leader of the Guardians Who Are Aware Of Their Guardian Status And On Gaia And Who Accept My Leadership", but that's all.

However, Monckey, you do claim to be a teacher, and a teacher-student relationship often mirrors that of a leader-follower relationship - in fact, I reckon it's the format in which most abuses of power take place in the occult community. Those who come into the occult often go out looking for and/or happening upon a teacher, and because they're new to the occult, they haven't had the time or breadth of experience to help them gauge what the "rules" are, allowing the teacher some leverage over them. They by necessity appear to have more experience than the average student, because they're the ones providing the lessons - which may just be simple lessons you could find in any book or website on magick or psionics. The possibility is always there for a leader to abuse their power.

That goes doubly if you aren't aware of the idiom that Sonkurra brought up earlier in the thread - "The worst of harm comes from the best of intentions." It's entirely possible that bad things can result from positive interaction, due to the influence of mental trauma, psychoses or similar. Hugging someone with an aversion to physical contact isn't going to go down well. Complimenting someone who thinks you're being sarcastic can have them second-guessing themselves and make them anxious. Kissing someone to make them feel desired when you don't desire them can lead to confusing and heartbreaking revelations later on down the line. You may hold the belief that using positive energy will always result in a positive outcome, and obviously I can't validate or invalidate that, since I've no notion what "positive energy" means to you, and it's part of your belief system.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:09 am
Mitsh
Let's get things straight here. "The Guardians" is just a name for people with some psychic or magic ability who are drawn to helping other people: that's the sole defining criteria, so it also means there are a lot of people whom Monckey and AllSixColours call "Guardians" who would never think of themselves as Guardians. Many of us might be Guardians, in fact. Thus, there can be no "leader", as a good number of people won't even recognise that they're part of the group that the leader supposedly rules. So, in addition to monckey's assertion that he's not the leader of the Guardians as a whole - just the Guardians Guild - there can be no leader at all, and any claim to such a title would be laughable. He could potentially be the "Leader of the Guardians Who Are Aware Of Their Guardian Status And On Gaia And Who Accept My Leadership", but that's all.

However, Monckey, you do claim to be a teacher, and a teacher-student relationship often mirrors that of a leader-follower relationship - in fact, I reckon it's the format in which most abuses of power take place in the occult community. Those who come into the occult often go out looking for and/or happening upon a teacher, and because they're new to the occult, they haven't had the time or breadth of experience to help them gauge what the "rules" are, allowing the teacher some leverage over them. They by necessity appear to have more experience than the average student, because they're the ones providing the lessons - which may just be simple lessons you could find in any book or website on magick or psionics. The possibility is always there for a leader to abuse their power.

That goes doubly if you aren't aware of the idiom that Sonkurra brought up earlier in the thread - "The worst of harm comes from the best of intentions." It's entirely possible that bad things can result from positive interaction, due to the influence of mental trauma, psychoses or similar. Hugging someone with an aversion to physical contact isn't going to go down well. Complimenting someone who thinks you're being sarcastic can have them second-guessing themselves and make them anxious. Kissing someone to make them feel desired when you don't desire them can lead to confusing and heartbreaking revelations later on down the line. You may hold the belief that using positive energy will always result in a positive outcome, and obviously I can't validate or invalidate that, since I've no notion what "positive energy" means to you, and it's part of your belief system.

Oh god, you have a lot of spare time on your hands, Although I do like you for the feedback.
(then again, I have a lot of time too which is why I read many books c; and play many video games.)

First Paragraph: Yes your correct, those with the abilities are in fact guardians already, they aren't missing the link, if they have already been doing energy manipulation before joining, their already a guardian. It is often that they use their powers misleadingly...*cough* phy vamps *cough*
which is why the guild was established so those don't have to drain energy from people as there are better ways.

Second Paragraph: Yes I do claim to be the teacher, as I have done research on the topic, I've read clairvoyance, tai chi methods, yoga, Reiki, a bit on phy vampires and the list continues. Also I do mention the rules of being a guardian, as I have noticed people do tend to go into a more devilish like form(not actually, just a saying; don't misinterpret that) and try to learn to become bad a** and just drain energy from those helpless.
Yes I am in fact more experienced than the average student as I have been doing this for years, Yes if you read up on some books you can achieve the same results but I pretty much condensed it so you would be capable of learning it all while achieving the same morale values as well. Also from what I've read, the books are usually unclear and hard to understand.
ex. Pick up the cup.
book version: use the grasping motion, sway the cylindrical object upwards.
It's just a example I made from the top of my head, not really exaggeration.
However, being the teacher doesn't mean I have stopped learning, a few of my students have brought up interesting topics and It has resulted in me adding to the lessons, some students even providing useful links which helps interpret the lessons better. I'm not completely teaching each student as each one has their own unique way of learning and with that in mind each student has taught me a bit of how they learn and has helped me know how I should add to the lesson so future students may learn.

Third Paragraph: You are correct in all those statements, however energy doesn't have a physical part to it or a personal part to it. You find manipulating others energy to allow them to feel better a negative thing, yet you have yet to see what it's like. Well no, maybe I'm lying, maybe you have, maybe you have done it your self, or maybe someone has done it to you. However no matter what the situation is, the idea is, it's just the purest form of energy. It's like when you get those random sprouts of happiness while your walking for no particular reason, usually people don't question why, maybe if your a philosopher you would, but usually it's just accepted as part of their day.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:22 am
hmmmm........yea i dont think that i'll get back into this. have fun arguing your points. which sound like two sides of the same coin, but hey. whatever entertains you two.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am
I am but a humble gaian, I too shall leave this to you two. Though, I could have sworn I would have the popular thread achievement by now... oh well.  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 am
nope. im not sure if guild stuff counts, else i'd have it too. and popular thread is....50 and the next one is 100 x.x could always cb it if ya really want it wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:19 pm
BSPBleach
hmmmm........yea i dont think that i'll get back into this. have fun arguing your points. which sound like two sides of the same coin, but hey. whatever entertains you two.

ah but what is more entertaining than understanding, if we just drop it; he won't understand my point of view which may seem similar to his.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:32 pm
monckey77
BSPBleach

ah but what is more entertaining than understanding, if we just drop it; he won't understand my point of view which may seem similar to his.

lol. well from where im standing/reading, it seems that you two are saying the same thing. just you're a positive view point, and hes a negative view point.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff