Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Hello and Welcome! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Eh heh, so I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Most folks call me Sugar, Sugah, or Suga, depending on personal preference. I wish I could say I'm into some of these seemingly-complex things y'all seem to be into, but I stick to my nice, safe cross-stitching. xd

I'm currently working on a baby quilt for a cousin. Started it in September, got interrupted when my uncle moved his wedding up, and have resumed work since the wedding was postponed again. sweatdrop

Welcome, Sugar! I cross stitch as well. I have a framed one of two angels that I did years ago, and keep thinking about getting back into it again - just wish there were more hours in the day, or that I had more hands, so I could do more things.

Yeah...I've never actually finished anything, so this'll be a first for me. I've been into knitting in the past, as well, but I more or less got tired of it for the time being. Maybe someday I'll finish the ginormous blanket I started. xD

That's about the limit of my crafting expertise though.

I still remember how painful my first project turned out to be. My grandma taught me to knit when I was about 7 or 8, and MADE me finish it. It was a coin purse, which she lined and put a zipper in. I still have it, somewhere...  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Eh heh, so I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Most folks call me Sugar, Sugah, or Suga, depending on personal preference. I wish I could say I'm into some of these seemingly-complex things y'all seem to be into, but I stick to my nice, safe cross-stitching. xd

I'm currently working on a baby quilt for a cousin. Started it in September, got interrupted when my uncle moved his wedding up, and have resumed work since the wedding was postponed again. sweatdrop

Welcome, Sugar! I cross stitch as well. I have a framed one of two angels that I did years ago, and keep thinking about getting back into it again - just wish there were more hours in the day, or that I had more hands, so I could do more things.

Yeah...I've never actually finished anything, so this'll be a first for me. I've been into knitting in the past, as well, but I more or less got tired of it for the time being. Maybe someday I'll finish the ginormous blanket I started. xD

I still remember how painful my first project turned out to be. My grandma taught me to knit when I was about 7 or 8, and MADE me finish it. It was a coin purse, which she lined and put a zipper in. I still have it, somewhere...

Haha. The most-finished project I have is a scarf that I knitted. My mother was going to teach me how to crochet a border around it, but I moved out before she got the chance.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

Haha. The most-finished project I have is a scarf that I knitted. My mother was going to teach me how to crochet a border around it, but I moved out before she got the chance.

Well, if that's all that's missing, I'd call it complete! wink  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

I suppose. It curls in on the edges though. .____.
That being the entire reason for the border.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:49 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

If you get it wet, then lay something heavy over it and let it dry, that may help stop that. Or you can hang it over something like the shower curtain rod and pull it straight while wet...sometimes helps uncurl it, but might stretch it a bit  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:54 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

If you get it wet, then lay something heavy over it and let it dry, that may help stop that. Or you can hang it over something like the shower curtain rod and pull it straight while wet...sometimes helps uncurl it, but might stretch it a bit

Not a problem. It's a bit shorter than I intended, as A) I got rather tired of working on it, and B) I ran out of yarn. Thanks for the tips; I'll be sure to try them once the scarf has made its way to my new home.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

Not a problem. It's a bit shorter than I intended, as A) I got rather tired of working on it, and B) I ran out of yarn. Thanks for the tips; I'll be sure to try them once the scarf has made its way to my new home.

Good luck. I know I've stretched out a couple of things too much by hanging them - you can also use clips or clothes pins at the bottom, to hold it stretched while it dries...  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

Good luck. I know I've stretched out a couple of things too much by hanging them - you can also use clips or clothes pins at the bottom, to hold it stretched while it dries...

If I had any, I could. xD At any rate, it's a scarf...I don't think I could stretch it out too much considering I do intend on making that super-long Doctor Who scarf at some point.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

If I had any, I could. xD At any rate, it's a scarf...I don't think I could stretch it out too much considering I do intend on making that super-long Doctor Who scarf at some point.

I did something similar once. Wound up stepping on it all the time, so put it away...have to look for it again...lol  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:05 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

I did something similar once. Wound up stepping on it all the time, so put it away...have to look for it again...lol

Yeah, that's my worry about doing it- that I'll either have to wrap it around my neck 20 times, or tread on it. I'm a bit shorter than the Doctor, I'd imagine.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

Yeah, that's my worry about doing it- that I'll either have to wrap it around my neck 20 times, or tread on it. I'm a bit shorter than the Doctor, I'd imagine.

I had found a pattern online for the Doctor's scarf. Gave a bit of history about the scarves (yes, plural), and was quite interesting...you could try googling it, if you're interested.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

I had found a pattern online for the Doctor's scarf. Gave a bit of history about the scarves (yes, plural), and was quite interesting...you could try googling it, if you're interested.

I imagine it's the same place I saw the pattern and decided OMGWANT.  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

probably. Think I need to call it a night-it's almost 11:30 here, and I have to be at work at 7am. Have a great evening!  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident

probably. Think I need to call it a night-it's almost 11:30 here, and I have to be at work at 7am. Have a great evening!

Ahhhhh the joys of working from home. Have a good one, though!  

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas